Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
So rape, crapping on vehicles, assault, disruption of businesses, occupying the inside of banks, public sex, drug use on public property are all passive?

WOW, I'd had to see non passive.
Yes, that's liberal style passive.
If they don't blow up stuff then they are passive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 10:47 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
How many times have construction workers dropped a tool while working on a building vs. volleyball accidents involving Twinkies and olive oil?
They're both protesting our political machine. This is not an apples and oranges comparison.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:49 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
There was a media picture of a man carrying a slung rifle at one of the Tea Party meetings. The problem was that they showed only below his shoulders and when the whole picture came to view the man was black and anti- tea party, at that. Some people never did see the real picture of that one.
This was from a tea party rally where supporters were carrying assault rifles and handguns.

Help Us Scott McAdams You're Our Only Hope - YouTube

Otherwise the tea party rallies have been highly orchestrated and only a few hours in length before the buses they came in on need to get their supporters back to the nursing homes on time to catch O'Reilly Though we have seen from these short gathering numerous assaults and acts of violence from the tea party.
If they were at the caliber of the OWS protests, going on over a month, nationwide 24 hours a day, you can bet there would be rampant violence, likely shootings, and other acts of terror.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:49 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They're both protesting our political machine. This is not an apples and oranges comparison.
Not really.

OWS is a movement for the people. ALL people, regardless of idiology.

The tea party is a collection of unwitting stooges doing the bidding of corporate America. (Like most of the right)

Old 10-30-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Not really.

OWS is a movement for the people. ALL people, regardless of idiology.

The tea party is a collection of unwitting stooges doing the bidding of corporate America. (Like most of the right)
No it's not. They're freaking moto is a divisive one and not even accurate. They don't speak for anywhere near 99%, they don't even know how small of a % they actually are. I'm sure you'd say the same thing about the TP.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
No it's not. They're freaking moto is a divisive one and not even accurate. They don't speak for anywhere near 99%, they don't even know how small of a % they actually are. I'm sure you'd say the same thing about the TP.
Jon, lol, I think you're the one not sure about the percentage. These people are working for us.

The tea party? eh....... Most people regard them as a bunch of misled cranks. That's why they don't get the support that OWS does. (The less than 90 day old OWS)

Old 10-30-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Jon, lol, I think you're the one not sure about the percentage. These people are working for us.

The tea party? eh....... Most people regard them as a bunch of misled cranks. That's why they don't get the support that OWS does. (The less than 90 day old OWS)
Well if they think they are actually 99% of the population and one of their demands is a salary of $50k a year (higher than our GDP per capita PPP) then you should clue them in on what they actually are, communist who can't do math or even the slightest bit of research. It's even more telling that many would quit their jobs, go to wall street (and elsewhere), get arrested and then think they'll ever get a job paying more with a criminal background...

Help these kids out and clue them in to what they're actually doing to their lives and careers instead of using them like you folks with jobs are...

Old 10-30-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Well if they think they are actually 99% of the population and one of their demands is a salary of $50k a year (higher than our GDP per capita PPP) then you should clue them in on what they actually are, communist who can't do math or even the slightest bit of research. It's even more telling that many would quit their jobs, go to wall street (and elsewhere), get arrested and then think they'll ever get a job paying more with a criminal background...

Help these kids out and clue them in to what they're actually doing to their lives and careers instead of using them like you folks with jobs are...
Is that what you believe?

Do you seriously think that those who make $50,000 or more are in the top 1%???????

Wow, they've got you programmed WELL.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:54 PM

Try again... This time think about what I said by telling you the GDP per capita.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Try again...
I would post links but they're all to sites that you would say aren't accurate. I'm just shocked that you believe folks are fighting over $50k, lol.

I think I was making that back in 1998.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies