Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:34 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times

Advertisements

So you seriously think the Democratic Party would not want to be running against one of the joke candidates? Why smear Cain, Bachmann, or even Perry for that matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 AM

443 posts, read 600,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
So you seriously think the Democratic Party would not want to be running against one of the joke candidates? Why smear Cain, Bachmann, or even Perry for that matter?
Exactly. I was actually coming on here to ask the same question. How can the dems go after the candidates the republicans are throwing out there in the first place.

It gets pretty bad when this stupid, slow, dim-witted man is the best they got going for them. It speaks volumes. It is just getting entertaining anymroe.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:38 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Why would anybody bother making stuff up about Cain? His own words do just fine.

"[the Media] are doubly scared that a real black man might run against Barack Obama"
-Herman Cain, March 30, 2011

Obama is not a strong black man"
-Herman Cain, March 30, 2011

"A real black man is not timid about making the right decisions"
Herman Cain, June 30, 2011

"it is documented that [Obama's] mother was white and his father was from Africa."
Herman Cain, June 30, 2011”

Obama has "never Been A Part Of The Black Experience In America"
Herman Cain, Oct 10 or 11, 2011

Add to the above his statement that John Stewart is racist

Add his black people are brainwashed statement

Note, all of the above were made knowing the it was on the record and in some cases being recorded. All were also made while he was running for President (this time, not in 2000)

Old 10-31-2011, 07:43 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i dont even think it happened.

one of those comments got it right, this is a high tech lynching, enter anita hill.

they will do anything and say anything to prevent cain from succeeding.

cain has been married for over 40 years, is god fearing and was even a minister at his church.

ummm So! if they made payouts then he apparently wanted to cheat... now find the women that were willing and there is your story.

I have no doubt in my mind Anita Hill told the truth, and Clarence Thomas didn't... that is their karma to deal with.

I don't think this story is made up ...sounds too convoluted and checkable.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:50 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Dodge and weave from the author of the piece;

Politico's Martin Dodges Question On Cain Details | NewsBusters.org

But, there really aren't any details, jonathan.

What is in the story? Allegations of "comments" or "gestures" or...something.
Comments that made them "angry" and "uncomfortable".

Just a thought - if these were white women, who's to say they aren't racist, and that anything a "scary" black man says causes them to react. Since we don't know ANYTHING about these women, I guess I feel free to speculate. Just as the left seems to be doing.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:22 AM

587 posts, read 1,134,548 times
Cain will be spending the day in DC...for him, Dodge City, because he will tap dance and fiddle around this issue....among his stops today, he will be at the national press club, unless his advisors abruptly cancel the apperance, which will seem very strange, because as everyone here knows, Cain loves to hear himself speak...he loves the cameras..he loves making soundbites and outlandish statements, only to come back and say "I was just paling around"...there isnt a microphone he hasnt run away from yet...

Im curious what his response will be when the press, or as he or the right will say, the lame stream media, start pressuring this canidate to answer questions about the sexual harrasment, wheter it was true or not, and what are the details.

cains campaign manager went on a lame stream media friendly show last night, the Geraldo Riveria show on Fox, and would not answer direct questions about these allegations....so lets see what Mr Cain will say in regards to these allegations and the five figure hush money, I mean settelment that was paid out...

silence is golden.....just ask gary hart from 1988

Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You knew it was coming. The Obama/DNC smear machine is no slouch.
Sorry, but this doesn't appear to be the work of Democrats who would hold off on springing something like this for the General Election once the GOP was stuck with a candidate. I'm thinking it's more like the work of this guy (notice the 2007 date of this article):

Say Anything » Mitt Romney’s Dirty Tricks

Old 10-31-2011, 08:33 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Sorry, but this doesn't appear to be the work of Democrats who would hold off on springing something like this for the General Election once the GOP was stuck with a candidate. I'm thinking it's more like the work of this guy (notice the 2007 date of this article):

Say Anything » Mitt Romney’s Dirty Tricks
i also agree its romney.
primaries are only a couple months away, cain is flourishing, romney is stuck in neutral.

this is romneys way of trying to put cain in reverse.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Politico did give Cain 10 days to respond before releasing the story AND Cain was asked to resign as CEO of Godfathers in 1996.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:15 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
There are better reasons than Herman Cain's apparent creepiness that he should not be President:

Herman Cain is Not Going to be the POTUS - YouTube

Herman Cain Flip-Flops on Federal Reserve Audit - YouTube

Herman Cain Flip-Flops on Raising Debt Ceiling - YouTube

Herman Cain Total Flip Flop on Negotiating with Terrorists - YouTube

Bill Maher Makes Fun of Herman Cains FLIP FLOPPING - YouTube

No one needs to "assassinate" Herman Cain, he's doing a damn good job of that himself. He's a joke and the fact that any one is falling for him is scary, truly scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies