Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 10:37 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Wow so you have no problems with their 2 year old girl being taken away by Child Protective Services???????? MY god this country is truly on a downward spiral. We've got TSA possibly setting up checkpoints in Tenessee. Nothing wrong with that either right?
Nope. I don't see anything wrong in that. The government says M0000slim terrorists are probably hiding in my pants. Gotta keep me safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 10:38 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Wow so you have no problems with their 2 year old girl being taken away by Child Protective Services???????? MY god this country is truly on a downward spiral. We've got TSA possibly setting up checkpoints in Tenessee. Nothing wrong with that either right?
So you have no problem with people stealing in front of their children and then pretending that all they did was forget?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:38 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The police state of yesterday was plainclothes police officers patrolling the streets, not to prevent crime, but to suppress political opposition. The police state of today is the TSA violating your dignity at the airport, highways, and public transportation stations. The police state of today is "see something, say something", and monitoring electronic communications with no court order and having police cameras set up everywhere. No wonder people can't see tyranny happening today. They think tyranny looks like this Sorry, gang, that is so 20th century.
American people are the idiocracy who will lead to their own downfall as a nation. Sad really how peoplve are so numb to tyranny staring them in the face. LMAO! It's quite entertaining though.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:42 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So you have no problem with people stealing in front of their children and then pretending that all they did was forget?
With millions of Americans unemployed, veterans with Phd's who can't find jobs, 43 million on food stamps, trillions of money given to bankers, MF Global going bankrupt after being run into the ground by Senator Jon Corzine, politicians giving away $80 million a year to UNESCO which is now on hold...............no in the grand scheme of life I don't think parents' 2 year old daughter should be carted off by police and an over bearing government bureaucracy because of two sandwiches.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
American people are the idiocracy who will lead to their own downfall as a nation. Sad really how peoplve are so numb to tyranny staring them in the face. LMAO! It's quite entertaining though.
Like I said, that's because most people expect to see tyranny wearing a fancy looking black uniform complete with an iron cross and iron eagle and a German Shepherd. Problem is, you can't see tyranny today, unless it is at the airport and wherever else DHS decides to set up next. That's why people laugh when you say we're in a police state.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:44 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Like I said, that's because most people expect to see tyranny wearing a fancy looking black uniform complete with an iron cross and iron eagle and a German Shepherd. Problem is, you can't see tyranny today, unless it is at the airport and wherever else DHS decides to set up next. That's why people laugh when you say we're in a police state.
Its for the children......

Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 AM

525 posts, read 899,891 times
Quote:
The police state of yesterday was plainclothes police officers patrolling the streets, not to prevent crime, but to suppress political opposition. The police state of today is the TSA violating your dignity at the airport, highways, and public transportation stations. The police state of today is "see something, say something", and monitoring electronic communications with no court order and having police cameras set up everywhere. No wonder people can't see tyranny happening today. They think tyranny looks like this Sorry, gang, that is so 20th century.
yea we knew what she meant. You are just being difficult. There is nothing wrong with eating while shopping I do it all the time and give the wrapper to be scanned. I can see how she forgot, No big deal the ties are just bucking for promotion. F22K the store I would have thrown the money on the floor then left see ya .

Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Stealing food is a miniscule crime compared to stealing children. This is the result of a culture of absolutely rule driven fools unable to take any responsibility for using their own judgment. Maybe the manager is simply a bas***d that loves to be a petty tyrant. Either way I hope some lawyer hammers both the store and the idiot Child thieves.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Stealing food is a miniscule crime compared to stealing children. This is the result of a culture of absolutely rule driven fools unable to take any responsibility for using their own judgment. Maybe the manager is simply a bas***d that loves to be a petty tyrant. Either way I hope some lawyer hammers both the store and the idiot Child thieves.
I have no idea why people have to be so absolutely rigid nowadays. You have to legislate common sense now. Maybe ask the mother to pay for the sandwich because she forgot, no it's throw the book at her and take her children away.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
I have no idea why people have to be so absolutely rigid nowadays. You have to legislate common sense now. Maybe ask the mother to pay for the sandwich because she forgot, no it's throw the book at her and take her children away.

Yes that is rather harsh. So, now the kid becomes a product of the system, ends up in foster home after foster home. Sooner or later the behavioral problems will start, due to the instability in the child's life from being bounced around from home to home, then they'll put the kid on Ritalin or some other drug! It's a never ending cycle! But hey, "it takes a village to raise a child!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies