Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 03:10 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
assassinating an american president is only ok with two groups of people:

1. Terrorists
2. Teabaggers (cousins of the above)

Teabaggers Fantasize about Assassinating the President-bush-1.jpg

Teabaggers Fantasize about Assassinating the President-bush-5.jpg

Teabaggers Fantasize about Assassinating the President-bush-2.jpg

Teabaggers Fantasize about Assassinating the President-bush-3.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 03:12 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
Nahh, Prison on the other hand

Old 11-01-2011, 03:16 PM

300 posts, read 250,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
I would think that is common sense. At least to a reasonable person. This thread shows pictures of people making statements of doing violence against another person. For most reasonable people, that is fine, as it is protected from our first amendment right. Unfortunately, there are some unstable people out there - or extreme radicals (on both sides of the aisle) who take it upon themselves to act out that violence. With guns, with bombs, - really with anything. Really? Must this be explained??? Turn on the 9'clock news one day.

Congrats on using both anti gun buzz words...reasonable and common sense. Was it intentional, or are you just used to repeating the same talking points put out by Sarah Brady and the politicians who think like her? Ever notice politicians always use one of the two, and in some cases both, when they wish to restrict the rights of an allegedly free people?

A truly REASONABLE person wouldn't wish to limit the rights of a free individual based upon the actions of a miniscule minority of nutjobs.

Judging by your comments on this topic, I certainly don't expect facts or common sense to get in the way of your ideology.

As for not wishing to take away guns, why would government need to do that, when in quite a few places, they have prohibited owning them altogether?

Old 11-01-2011, 03:21 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
It is well known and documented that Republicans and teabaggers are downright hateful, but this is bordering on terrorism.
It is? Well known according to what evidence?

There has never been any violence at at "Tea Party" rally, no one has ever been arrested or committed a crime. There has never been any "hateful" rhetoric (signs expressing strong disapproval of the current occupant of the Oval Office and his policies, yes).

But I do not consider signs expressing a desire that he go back to Kenya as "hateful" or "racist" (After all, he spent much of his life there, and his grandmother says he was born there. His father was Kenyan).

Dig up whatever else you want, but contrast this with what we know about and have seen and heard from the OWS "occupiers". Anti-Semitism, rape, theft, other forms of violence, public sex, defecation on city vehicles and other public places. General mayhem.

Additionally, at every Tea Party rally, they have left the area at least as clean as when they came. They have not been in violation of any laws, as the OWS protesters have, and they have not disruppted local business, as the OWS protesters have.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:24 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Republicans won't be happy until everyone is allowed to walk around with a miniature nuclear bomb on them.
Tautology and Cliche thinking all in one post.

Wow.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
I don't ever recall a depiction of Bush with a bullet through his head... or any other President for that matter. By the way, this is not the first depiction of Obama like this from the right.

Of course you don't. The tollerant, understanding left would NEVER do something like this:

Old 11-01-2011, 03:27 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
A Republican teabagger in Virginia thought it would be funny to circulate a depiction of the President of the United States with a bullet hole in his head. It is well known and documented that Republicans and teabaggers are downright hateful, but this is bordering on terrorism. I hope the secret service is investigating this.

Read more:

Zombie Obama Email: Virginia GOP Condemns Image Of President With Bullet Through Head
Agreed. you can disagree with our president's policies, but wishing him dead is going to far. Besides, no one wants that crazy VP, What's His Name, to take over, that would be a bad thing for the country.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:29 PM

605 posts, read 705,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Congrats on using both anti gun buzz words...reasonable and common sense. Was it intentional, or are you just used to repeating the same talking points put out by Sarah Brady and the politicians who think like her? Ever notice politicians always use one of the two, and in some cases both, when they wish to restrict the rights of an allegedly free people?

A truly REASONABLE person wouldn't wish to limit the rights of a free individual based upon the actions of a miniscule minority of nutjobs.

Judging by your comments on this topic, I certainly don't expect facts or common sense to get in the way of your ideology.

As for not wishing to take away guns, why would government need to do that, when in quite a few places, they have prohibited owning them altogether?
Your delusions are so unbelievable! Wow. "actions of a miniscule [sic] minority"... are you aware of the amount of crimes committed with guns? I would not call that minuscule. And as far as my use of the words "reasonable" and "common sense" - no they are ordinary words that I, myself, use. I'm sorry they are not words you feel comfortable with.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:29 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftists on this forum thought that a video game where conservative politicians and pundits were blasted to bits as 'zombies' was just the cutest thing ever

i guess depicting an obamazombie is verboten.
My, what a difference it makes when the other party does it, huh? Suddenly, silence!

This is like Barrack Obama being silent on the current attacks on Herman Cain by the left. The Democrats have donned there sheets once again ... but Obama says nothing.

How different it was when it was a personal friend. "The Cambridge police acted stupidly."

Old 11-01-2011, 03:31 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:

No matter how you try to spin it, no one on the left has ever depicted Bush with a bullet in his head. That's just a fact.
So of all the ways the left has depicted Bush, including being decapitated (shown on this very thread), you're going to hold that all of that was acceptable by the left because you can't find a specific depiction of a bullet in Bush's head? Jeez, just admit you're WRONG! This is sad!

EDIT: See post #76. You are officially wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG. Admit it and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies