Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 02:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how low and disgusting the tea baggers will get. This is downright horrific.
Never ceases to amze me either. Be trutful, low and disguting people are in both partys, Tea-Party, OWS, does not matter, and you should know this. Dems, Reub's Libs, Consr's each have its disgusting people.

Being unlrealistic is what gets me. Neither party, comes free of guilt neither party, right now, seems to be doing a bang up job for us the people. And your Democratic party, sure has not given all Americans the Hope n' Change we deserve.

They have given us crap, the worse economy and not improving no matter what they tell us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 02:06 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
What was it called when liberals made a movie depicting Bush being shot? Oh that's right words like 'insightful' and 'open-minded' were used. But a cartoon? That's terrorism. Just like drawing mohammed cartoons.
Two wrongs make a right?

Old 11-01-2011, 02:07 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
Not surprised at this. There needs to be more respect for the office of the President as well. Even with Bush in office, I still had respect because he was our President even though I hated his policies and the poor decision-making. When he had shoes thrown at him, I was angry - as a slight against him, was a slight against our country.

The Right seems to throw the baby out with the bathwater - and their hatred is SO EXTREME, that they even hate the office too. A lot of them have no respect at all - and it seems their patriotism is declining too in our nation. Very sad, as some of them has publicly stated they want to form their own governance, separate from the U.S. I see this as a growing trend at how far extreme the Right has gone.
Yea, but a leftie saying FU United states, FU cops, FU to our flag....you must agree with that?

Old 11-01-2011, 02:11 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,523,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Is anyone on the right willing to admit how vial it is to depict the president in this way?
(1) What specifically do you find vial about expressing that kind of political speech, similar to that which is depicted?

(2) Are you a strict pacifist who consistently eschews the use of force under all circumstances?

(3) Why go out of your way to specifically mention the President when that should arguably be irrelevant to the larger issue? Should the life of a public servant qualitatively be worth more from a legal standpoint than the life of Joe Schmoe Citizen?

Why not frame your question such that it asks how vile it is to depict almost everyone in that manner?

(4) Who exactly do mean by "the President," anyway? Does that mean only the current one, or all of them, just the ones you like?

Old 11-01-2011, 02:12 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
Not surprised at this. There needs to be more respect for the office of the President as well. Even with Bush in office, I still had respect because he was our President even though I hated his policies and the poor decision-making. When he had shoes thrown at him, I was angry - as a slight against him, was a slight against our country.

The Right seems to throw the baby out with the bathwater - and their hatred is SO EXTREME, that they even hate the office too. A lot of them have no respect at all - and it seems their patriotism is declining too in our nation. Very sad, as some of them has publicly stated they want to form their own governance, separate from the U.S. I see this as a growing trend at how far extreme the Right has gone.
So you spoke out agians the pictures showing bush as hitler and as a monkey

Old 11-01-2011, 02:13 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Calling Bush a monkey is ok because he's white.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:15 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Republicans do this to Obama every day. But show me one picture of the left depicting Bush with a bullet hole in his head.

Teabaggers are domestic terrorists plain and simple.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:16 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Was the bullet hole in question put there before or after he became a zombie? That minor detail is quite important because shooting a president is never justified, but shooting a zombie always is.
Assassinating an American President is only OK with two groups of people:

1. Terrorists
2. Teabaggers (cousins of the above)

Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
I'm sorry but intelligent people simply cannot take your whining about one person depicting the President being shot seriously when we never heard your outrage during all those years that demonstrated liberals' tolerance and brotherly love-

Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years

President Bush 'assassinated' in TV docudrama

Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
The raw sewage treatment plants in NJ must be on overdrive. All of that toxic air is headed towards New York, based on the poster's paranoia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies