Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:37 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times

Advertisements

HAAAA....

How about some real facts....

The criteria for hate crimes against any race, religion or sexual orientation is SO marginal that ANY crime against these are called "HATE CRIMES"

For example... if a homosexual says something atagnoist to me in any setting... and I punch him out for it.... guess what? only takes a few witnesses so confirm he was a homosexual and that's a HATE CRIME.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:42 PM

521 posts, read 467,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
HAAAA....

How about some real facts....

The criteria for hate crimes against any race, religion or sexual orientation is SO marginal that ANY crime against these are called "HATE CRIMES"

For example... if a homosexual says something atagnoist to me in any setting... and I punch him out for it.... guess what? only takes a few witnesses so confirm he was a homosexual and that's a HATE CRIME.
Of course, libs want homosexuality to be a protected class with special rights

Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Nope, just equal rights.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post

What special rights would those be?

You DO realize that anti-discrimination laws work in all directions, right?

That every day, white people sue over discriminatory practices by minorities, and that if there WAS hate crime legislation, it would work in the rare instance of gays attacking straights based on sexuality alone.

Hate crime really is no different than using any other sort of "aggravating factor" in sentencing... such as premeditation.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:09 PM

Being that premeditation is a HUGE factor when it comes to sentencing....how do you discern ones motives as a hate crime??

Do you think the law has proven hate with great efficiency?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:12 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Being that predetermination is a HUGE factor when it comes to sentencing....how do you discern ones motives as a hate crime??

For someone who claims to not be bothered by homosexuality, you sure make very amusing points on the subject. That begs a question:

What part of Texas GOP's agenda against homosexuality do you understand, and disagree with?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:21 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,414 times
Well, La Tee Da!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post

Old 12-06-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If republicans in Texas can have their way (per the GOP platform I provided link to), all you've to do is to be selective about how you define crime. For example, if a crime is committed against a heterosexual person, it won't be a crime if committed against a gay person. In fact, they demand the court to throw any allegations out.
Lol "define"....

I'll address your response to me here.

Gay marriage being criminalized wouldn't be a double standard in regards to how they are tried (or at all). Simply because a hetero marriage isn't a crime ...so naturally any allegations would be thrown out.

Do I agree with it? Sure....let the states handle it. If Texas wants to play Theocracy let them.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Lol "define"....

I'll address your response to me here.

Gay marriage being criminalized wouldn't be a double standard in regards to how they are tried (or at all). Simply because a hetero marriage isn't a crime ...so naturally any allegations would be thrown out.

Do I agree with it? Sure....let the states handle it. If Texas wants to play Theocracy let them.
So you agree with criminalization of homosexuality, you agree with social conservative/theocratic governance and you agree that courts should throw out any criminal case that victimizes gays due to their sexual orientation...

And then you have this habit of making a statement that you don't have anything against homosexuality and gays. But wait, all this ain't sad. You cover all this up and present self as "Libertarian". Are people really that stupid?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Being that premeditation is a HUGE factor when it comes to sentencing....how do you discern ones motives as a hate crime??

Why on earth would it be any more difficult to discern motives for a hate crime vs. motives for any other reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.