Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:21 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I only know you by what you've posted here. And your posts speak volumes about the type of person you are. I count myself lucky that I don't know you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 11:29 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,690,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The spead of HIV in the homosexual population calls into question your assertion that homosexuals exercise superior self-control.
The birth rate to single mothers, plus the number of abortions, does not point to superior self control on the part of people engaging in heterosexual sex.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:31 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,983,409 times
The terms of the debate rather miss the boat IMO. It would be more productive to talk in terms of human rights, justice and freedom, rather than debate about the still unestablished basis of sexual object choice in homo sapiens. Homosexual object choice amongst a signficant minority of humans throughout history is a fact, a reality, like rain. You may as well object to rain as to homosexuality: neither is going away and neither will be removed by virtue of anyone's objections.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:41 AM

400 posts, read 294,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A personal object that is made, is as un-natural as being gay.

They are man made items... They are created.
Yes. And their being "unnatural", whatever that means-- but we all know it's just shorthand for something you don't like but can't articulate in a genuinely intelligent way --is irrelevant to their utility or goodness. Sadly, the label is intellectually lazy, made by those who can't form a substantive argument and who are too shortsighted to think through the logical implications of their "unnautral = bad" thesis.

It must be very difficult having to constantly come up with new and creative, albeit inane, rationales to try and excuse ones nonsensical outlook...

Old 11-05-2011, 11:45 AM

Actually, humans are intrinsically artifact-creating beings, so it's not strictly accurate to say that tools and other human creations are "unnatural". They are, rather, the product of natural characteristics and behaviour of homo sapiens. Rather like the range of human sexual expression. Likewise, other species also utilise tools and transmit "culture", albeit at a much less sophisticated level.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Arrow okay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
If I don't know anything, where does that put you?

I have news for you. *I* am the original poster. Also, I didn't say homosexuality is abnormal. I'm not all-knowing, I'm not God. Perhaps science will explain homosexuality convincingly at some point and all credential will be taken away from the naysayers, but until then, nobody really knows if it is normal. I'm not sure either way. I just don't know. Nobody really does.

However, I don't necessarily buy the animal theories. For example - dogs, male or female - will sometimes hump various things or other dogs, male or female. I don't think that is the same thing as human homosexuality. I think animals are much more simple and lack the depth of psychology humans have. I think in animals, it's probably quite simply testosterone that causes them to hump. It's just an instinct, not complex sexuality like in humans.
But seriously, why create another post about homosexuality?

How does two men sleeping together affect you?

If you are hetero, it's just not on your mind.....

You say, "Once homosexuality is accepted." You mean you don't accept it?

Old 11-05-2011, 12:15 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,169,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Hit a nerve did I ? As if you know me. Oh I forgot. Insulting people is the homosexual way of treating people who disagree with your lifestyle.
You're the one who's doing the insulting, right? You're insulting people who have a different lifestyle, and not surprisingly they insult you back. That's what usually happens when you insult someone.

What's worse is that your insults are remarkably stupid, and no matter how many people show you that with painstaking logic, you're unable to learn or even think about it. It's not like you're insulting people who deserve it, such as baby rapists or thirdworld dictators, you're insulting some of the most inoffensive individuals on the planet simply because their sexual choices are somewhat unusual.

The worst thing for me is realizing that your vote, and the vote of those like you, counts just the same as the vote of intelligent people.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbous Moon View Post

It must be very difficult having to constantly come up with new and creative, albeit inane, rationales to try and excuse ones nonsensical outlook...

Nothing new, creative, albeit inane, or any rational thought, about a freak of nature

Old 11-05-2011, 12:22 PM

BentBow, a phenomenon as longstanding, universal and and widespread as homosexuality hardly qualifies as a freak of nature. You may not like it, or disapprove of it, but again you might just as well disapprove of the fact that the earth orbits the sun and not the other way around.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:26 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,169,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
How do you distract homosexuals with beautiful women? It seems to me that they have no interest in beautiful women. This is what I can't understand. In my opinion there is nothing like a beautiful women.

Homosexuality is unnatural and not normal.
Left-handedness is unnatural and not normal. It was once suppressed by society, even so when I was a child. As left-handedness becomes more acceptable and even practiced sometimes by right-handers, will more rape victims be righthanders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies