Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 02:26 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I think you've got it nailed.

Anybody know anything about the missing prosecutor's personal life or that of Sandusky? Do they have families? Wives? Children?
Just did the research. Apparently, Sandusky has 6 adopted kids and also took in Foster Kids. Bet there's some stories there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 02:28 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Just did the research. Apparently, Sandusky has 6 adopted kids and also took in Foster Kids. Bet there's some stories there.
I hope this isn't true. One can only imagine he did to those he 'took care of'.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Well I looked at the all-truthful Wikipedia and is says he has kids. One works for the Browns.

Jerry Sandusky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Paterno was very wrong in his decision to keep quiet for whatever reason. If he knew things, and kept quiet, he too is at fault.

You know that this stuff is going on with children, and you keep quiet, what kind of man is this. I don't care who he is, who protects our children.
Last i knew 9 victims have come forward, and they say there are more. A ten year old boy, please, what if this boy were your child, how would this make you feel. As as an adult, how would you feel. if that ten yr old were your son.
We have an obligation to keep our children safe, but it appears to be going in the opposite direction, of not wanting to keep our children safe, and that is frightening.
This went back even before 1998, there had to be more people that where aware of his actions than just those that testified to the grand jury. There were thousands of football players, students that came in contact with him and this took place in the campus facilities and no one spoke up.

I just heard Sandusky still has the keys to the facility, even through the grand jury investigation. Paterno should resign immediately rather than the end of the season, this was his last season anyway.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:03 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Ya know there is a real reason for the justice system and there is a real reason for communities taking care of malicious predators. Both are necessary IMO. The poster who said "who could walk away from that" referring to seeing an assault on a 10 year old boy speaks volumes. Who could?

Reasonably speaking if one of the fathers took out Sandusky every day in prison would be a testament to honor; the honor that Joe and the others apparently forgot about. Real honor depends on real men and real women. My solution?

If convicted burn him at the stake on the school lawn. No apologies. A little suffering will do his soul good.

That's the way I see it.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:48 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Yes. Most people can do that. It appears that you have the wrong impression. Your lack of outrage is curious.
There's no need for cheap shots like that. I think you need to calm down, and better yet, go back and re-read what I wrote in its entirety. I thought I made it pretty clear that this was a huge wrong, and that major changes need to be made as response. I also thought I made it clear that prosecutions need to take place wherever the law was broken.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:50 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
All i can say on this is there are several people that should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for not reporting this to the authorities. From the guy who saw it first hand to the President of the school. No regard for this victims of this monster whatsoever.

I mean really, how the F**** do you walk in on a 10 year old being raped by a 60 year old man and then walk out and tell no one but your father?! How the hell do you walk away and not get that child away from him?!?!! You were a 28 year old fit adult for Gods sake! WTF?!
I do have to wonder...for all of the talk about Joe Paterno, he didn't actually see it. But the assistant apparently did, and yet there was no follow up. They all took the easy way out, which was not to deal with it at all.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:59 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Not only do I think JoePa should be forced to resign today not at end of the season...that coach that witnessed the assault and did not go to the police should also be off the sidelines this Saturday!! Shame on them all! If it is proven that because of their failure to report the rape of a child other children were also raped by this Sandusky...I think JoePa and company should face criminal charges!!

Old 11-09-2011, 06:25 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Never realized Penn State was a Catholic School...
LOL. It's also a virtual certainty that Sandusky is a Democrat and/or voted for Obama.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:36 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
The only "cure" for a pedophile, is a bullet to the head....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies