Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 11:24 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,788,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
How did he know ? Are you guessing ? Are you repeating ? I can not find out how people think he knew ! Paterno had nothing to do with the children at all . Most of the crime was at Sanduskys home and the childrens school.
Why is Paterno now considered the Columbo crime stopper of pedifiles ?
He does not work with children .
Ummm....You need to find one of those timelines that detail the events.

One of the RAPES, as that is what it was, took place in the Penn State shower. It was witnessed and reported to Paterno.

Its bad enough that a score of grown men, led by Paterno, chose cowardice in respone to children being raped. But its really amazing that people like you defend such cowardice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 11:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
How did he know ? Are you guessing ? Are you repeating ? I can not find out how people think he knew ! Paterno had nothing to do with the children at all . Most of the crime was at Sanduskys home and the childrens school.
Oh, come on! Read the grand jury report. My computer won't copy from it, so I'll just paraphrase: On March 1, 2002 (9 1/2 yesrs ago, mind you) a 28 year old grad student witnessed a young boy being assaulted in the showers of an athletic building by Sandusky. He reported it to Paterno in person, at Paterno's home, the next day. Paterno acknowledged being notified.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
An eyewitness reported one of the assaults to Paterno directly in 2002. The assault occurred at the university.
Now, I have serious issues with the witness, a grad student, not going directly to the police himself, however, my understanding is that Paterno didn't either and merely passed it further up the chain.

Every single person who had knowledge of these heinous crimes is guilty of caring more for the reputation of the football program than those poor children. They deserve to rot in the 9th circle.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Honestly, if you think Sandusky's 'retirement' in 1999 wasn't related to molesting children you're kidding yourself. To think Paterno, the absolute King of that school didn't know is --- what's more naive than naive ?

Read the GJ report, why don't ya.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
An eyewitness reported one of the assaults to Paterno directly in 2002. The assault occurred at the university.
Now, I have serious issues with the witness, a grad student, not going directly to the police himself, however, my understanding is that Paterno didn't either and merely passed it further up the chain.

Every single person who had knowledge of these heinous crimes is guilty of caring more for the reputation of the football program than those poor children. They deserve to rot in the 9th circle.

I too have a serious issue with the witness not doing what was right. He should have either A) attempted to stop it himself... or B) after he went up the chain should have then went to the police anyway!

Being a father myself, I'm having a hard time NOT selecting option A and pounding that sick f***'s head into the ground! Because were it my kid that it happened to, it's what I would have done! Bunch of f***n' cowards! And now you have these knucklehead students rioting on campus because of Paterno's firing???!!! As much as a football fan that I am, that is just flat out ridiculous! It's a GAME!!!! What about the kids??? They have to carry this with them for the rest of their lives! But hey, we gotta win at all costs, and screw everyone else! Truly sad.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:53 AM

4,081 posts, read 5,611,614 times
Latest rumors include pimping of children to rich donors;

//www.city-data.com/forum/21659503-post177.html

Old 11-10-2011, 11:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I too have a serious issue with the witness not doing what was right. He should have either A) attempted to stop it himself... or B) after he went up the chain should have then went to the police anyway!

Being a father myself, I'm having a hard time NOT selecting option A and pounding that sick f***'s head into the ground! Because were it my kid that it happened to, it's what I would have done! Bunch of f***n' cowards! And now you have these knucklehead students rioting on campus because of Paterno's firing???!!! As much as a football fan that I am, that is just flat out ridiculous! It's a GAME!!!! What about the kids??? They have to carry this with them for the rest of their lives! But hey, we gotta win at all costs, and screw everyone else! Truly sad.
Agreed.
How does a person walk in on this horror and not pick up the nearest heavy object and throttle this animal within an inch of his life? Or at the very least scream or otherwise make it clear that there was a witness.
I just don't get it.

Something that was noted last night after the firings, does anyone think it coincidence that this was allowed to drag on until after the record-breaking win?
It seems to me that despite whatever lip-service the university may be paying to the public, their number one concern is still the football program.
I hope each and every one of their donors walks away.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Agreed.
How does a person walk in on this horror and not pick up the nearest heavy object and throttle this animal within an inch of his life? Or at the very least scream or otherwise make it clear that there was a witness.
I just don't get it.

Something that was noted last night after the firings, does anyone think it coincidence that this was allowed to drag on until after the record-breaking win?
It seems to me that despite whatever lip-service the university may be paying to the public, their number one concern is still the football program.

Karma is a b***!

Old 11-10-2011, 11:56 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, come on! Read the grand jury report. My computer won't copy from it, so I'll just paraphrase: On March 1, 2002 (9 1/2 yesrs ago, mind you) a 28 year old grad student witnessed a young boy being assaulted in the showers of an athletic building by Sandusky. He reported it to Paterno in person, at Paterno's home, the next day. Paterno acknowledged being notified.
Twenty eight? So a 28 year old man seeing a boy assaulted by an older man can't pick up the phone and call 911? Can't shout something like, "leave him alone!"? Don't they have weights and dumbbells laying around there he could have bashed the perv's head in.

Yet his first call is to his dad and now he is a coach at Penn St. but Paterno gets fired.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:57 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Agreed.
I just don't get it.

There are rumors Sandusky was pimping the boys out to big donors. So they may walk away simply to stay out the line of fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies