Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 09:45 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
chickenfb...you were the one who suggested the NCAA cancel the season...I agree that McCreary should be gone too...what does pointing to USC prove???Players got gifts eg.Reggie Bush??What does one have to do with the other?
One of the posters asked why punish the players for the actions of the few. I was just pointing out that punishing teams for the actions of the few happens all the time in NCAA sports programs -- for far less serious matters. I can't think of anything that would top this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 09:50 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Right. You just need to dig in to that brain of yours and spew nonsense.
Nonsense???

What did I post that wasn't absolute fact???

Old 11-10-2011, 09:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
I know what I read in the GJ's report. Feel free to back your assertions up with similar documentation if you'd like.
Feel free to continue to support this swine. I am a native of Pennsylvania. Paterno has been a coach at PSU my entire life, and I'm not young. He's a legend. He's the "Rennaisance Man"; he's God.

9781558537156: No Ordinary Joe: The Biography of Joe Paterno (Used, New, Out-of-Print) - Alibris
***Penn State University, Joe Paterno has been called the Voice of Ethics, a breath of fresh air, a modern Renaissance man, and a football genius. ... (1999)

The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast
***On the front page of my old college newspaper, a senior marketing major named Andrew Hanselman said this: "Being accepted to Penn State felt like a family, and Joe Paterno was the father." Well, we're on our own now, Andrew. It's time to grow up.

Beware The Legacy You Protect: Winning Isn
***Joe Paterno is a football legend and a coaching icon

Joe Paterno and the Law - Andrew Cohen - Entertainment - The Atlantic
***With the news that he has hired a defense attorney, the disgraced coach may now face criminal and civil charges. What will they mean for him and Penn State?. . . Having been routinely deified since the Johnson Administration, and realizing that the very first sentence of his obituary has been forever altered by the disclosures of the past week, it is perhaps as understandable as it is disheartening that Joe Paterno would still be mostly in the "denial" phase of processing what the ongoing sex assault scandal and subsequent cover-up mean for himself and his beloved Penn State University.

From earlier this season (pre-scandal)
Paterno legend traces back to prep roots | Yardbarker.com
***"He's a real Renaissance man," Reilly says of Paterno. "To hear him talk, you'd never believe it."

Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,101,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Feel free to continue to support this swine. I am a native of Pennsylvania. Paterno has been a coach at PSU my entire life, and I'm not young. He's a legend. He's the "Rennaisance Man"; he's God.

9781558537156: No Ordinary Joe: The Biography of Joe Paterno (Used, New, Out-of-Print) - Alibris
***Penn State University, Joe Paterno has been called the Voice of Ethics, a breath of fresh air, a modern Renaissance man, and a football genius. ... (1999)

The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast
***On the front page of my old college newspaper, a senior marketing major named Andrew Hanselman said this: "Being accepted to Penn State felt like a family, and Joe Paterno was the father." Well, we're on our own now, Andrew. It's time to grow up.

Beware The Legacy You Protect: Winning Isn
***Joe Paterno is a football legend and a coaching icon

Joe Paterno and the Law - Andrew Cohen - Entertainment - The Atlantic
***With the news that he has hired a defense attorney, the disgraced coach may now face criminal and civil charges. What will they mean for him and Penn State?. . . Having been routinely deified since the Johnson Administration, and realizing that the very first sentence of his obituary has been forever altered by the disclosures of the past week, it is perhaps as understandable as it is disheartening that Joe Paterno would still be mostly in the "denial" phase of processing what the ongoing sex assault scandal and subsequent cover-up mean for himself and his beloved Penn State University.

From earlier this season (pre-scandal)
Paterno legend traces back to prep roots | Yardbarker.com
***"He's a real Renaissance man," Reilly says of Paterno. "To hear him talk, you'd never believe it."
Thanks for the links , they were interesting.
Still in disbelief about this whole tragic scandal.

How in this world can a man of Joe's status do this kind of thing is beyond reasoning.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:23 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
BS BS BS!!!!

This is liberal insanity at it's worst!!!

A man that has sex with a boy (young man) is by definition engaging in a Homosexual act...

He's also a criminal much to you sicko's chagrin

Their crap is so tiresome....

Old 11-11-2011, 04:30 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Nonsense???

What did I post that wasn't absolute fact???
Nothing.

But they will continue to regurgitate their programming without giving a second thought to its foolishness and as though their audience is made up of 2 year olds who could not possibly know any better.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
I fear you may be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What obviously needs to happen here is that people need to become informed about the sick world they live in, which they obviously have no awareness of.

There is a sophisticated, widespread, high level and well connected underworld network of pedophiles in this country involving high profile individuals among the highest levels of politics, law enforcement and justice officials, charity organizations and the like. It really is hard to believe, yet there is too much evidence to dismiss .... too many witnesses .. to many victims ... and too many mysterious deaths of those investigating these outrageous crimes against children.

It is a truth so vile, and so outrageous that most people simply cannot believe it exists.

WashTimes1989-1.jpg

Photographer tied to WH child sex-ring arrested after Thompson suicide

The Franklin Cover-Up -- Child Abuse, Satanism and Murder in Nebraska, by John W. Decamp at American Buddha Online Library

Here is a documentary covering the above that was scheduled to air on the Discovery Channel years ago, but the plug was pulled. This is volatile stuff, and it's really hard for the average person to wrap their heads around. But everyone needs to watch this:

http://www.indybay.org/olduploads/co...ofsilence2.wmv

Penn Sate Football is just a drop in the bucket, and you can bet the truth goes much deeper than what is being broadcast in the media.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
I'm basing my opinion on what I read in the GJ report.
The GJ report isn't an investigation of Paterno, so I don't expect it to contain details about what he knew and when he knew it for all of Sandusky's molesting career.

At the very least, he was told in 2002 that Sandusky fondled and did something of a sexual nature to a young child.

It's kind of you to Paterno to reject the common sense conclusion that he was aware of prior incidents. That there wasn't a connection between the 1998 investigation and Sandusky's 'retirement' in 1999. If Paterno didn't absolutely 100% Know he was protecting a pedophile, he sure as heck knew he might be protecting one.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:29 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Their crap is so tiresome....
You think FBI sex-offender profiling is 'crap and tiresome'? ummm okay.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 AM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Paterno was not indicted, and the DA has indicated that he will not be indicted and that he fulfilled his legal obligations by informing his boss of what he had seen.
Listen to the DA's words carefully, she indicated " at this time Paterno is not being investigated".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies