Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 07:49 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You could have read the GJ report before semi-excusing Paterno and the others. They all knew about Sandusky's perversion long before 2002.
Here's some more interesting reading that certainly points to a whole lot of people knowing what was going on and covered it up. A timeline......

Key dates in the Penn State Nittany Lions sex abuse case - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 08:04 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You need to link a statute or something also is this standard national? I don't think it's the case in PA.

From what I've read, Paterno satisfied the legal requirements of his duties by reporting what he was told to the AD.

In fact it is not clear if universities are under the same mandate to report child abuse as elementary, jr or sr high schools. Since their student body consist of adults.

I believe the feds are looking into to see if any crimes have been violated.
Read the GJ report. That cites the statutory requirement to report the crime.

It has nothing to do with being a School or a University .... there is a law requiring an individual to report a crime to authorities, and every state, to the best of my knowledge, has some similar statutory requirement.

Failing to report a crime makes you an accessory after the fact. It's a common principle in law.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
I wonder how the Attorney General is going to cherry pick who they will prosecute.

It could get politically icky.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:13 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The eye witness went straight to Paterno .... but he didn't give him details about what he saw? Paterno didn't say "tell me exactly what you saw ... I want details of everything you saw happen" ?

No one can possibly believe that. It's light years beyond incredible.
I'm basing my opinion on what I read in the GJ report.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You have no idea how the "Cult of JoePa" worked. Paterno was God, not just A god. If Paterno didn't know, it was b/c he didn't want to know, b/c he said, "now don't tell me all the details".
I know what I read in the GJ's report. Feel free to back your assertions up with similar documentation if you'd like.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
What obviously needs to happen here is that people need to become informed about the sick world they live in, which they obviously have no awareness of.

There is a sophisticated, widespread, high level and well connected underworld network of pedophiles in this country involving high profile individuals among the highest levels of politics, law enforcement and justice officials, charity organizations and the like. It really is hard to believe, yet there is too much evidence to dismiss .... too many witnesses .. to many victims ... and too many mysterious deaths of those investigating these outrageous crimes against children.

It is a truth so vile, and so outrageous that most people simply cannot believe it exists.

WashTimes1989-1.jpg

Photographer tied to WH child sex-ring arrested after Thompson suicide

The Franklin Cover-Up -- Child Abuse, Satanism and Murder in Nebraska, by John W. Decamp at American Buddha Online Library

Here is a documentary covering the above that was scheduled to air on the Discovery Channel years ago, but the plug was pulled. This is volatile stuff, and it's really hard for the average person to wrap their heads around. But everyone needs to watch this:

http://www.indybay.org/olduploads/co...ofsilence2.wmv

Penn Sate Football is just a drop in the bucket, and you can bet the truth goes much deeper than what is being broadcast in the media.
Oh dear me. Please, do not make assumptions about what I do and do not know. Trust me, I know all too well how organized the pedophilic community is. I also know that they have ****loads of money and influence.

Again, I am basing my statements on the GJ's report.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:18 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,675,578 times
Quote:
Read the GJ report. That cites the statutory requirement to report the crime.

It has nothing to do with being a School or a University .... there is a law requiring an individual to report a crime to authorities, and every state, to the best of my knowledge, has some similar statutory requirement.

Failing to report a crime makes you an accessory after the fact. It's a common principle in law.
Paterno was not indicted, and the DA has indicated that he will not be indicted and that he fulfilled his legal obligations by informing his boss of what he had seen.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:30 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I knew just by reading the thread title that this would turn into a gay bashing thread.

Earth to the people who make such a stupid claim - the overwhelming majority of pedophiles, if they are regressed (have adult attractions too) are heterosexuals.
BS BS BS!!!!

This is liberal insanity at it's worst!!!

A man that has sex with a boy (young man) is by definition engaging in a Homosexual act...

He's also a criminal much to you sicko's chagrin

Old 11-10-2011, 08:47 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Why would you punish the young football players that have nothing to do with this?
First of all, I don't think it has to come to that -- yet. They can put someone in charge who had nothing to do with the incident at all. They could hire an interim coach.

But think about this for a moment: the school fired Joe Paterno, even though he didn't actually see anything take place, because he was among those who didn't inform authorities. At least that's the conclusion we're left to make here.

And yet the guy who actually saw the shower assault take place with his own eyes also decided that this would end within the circles of Penn State...and this guy is going to be on the sidelines calling plays? Is this to be believed? It makes no sense to let Jo Pa go but let this guy coach. None.

So that's why I say, they can either find someone else to coach, or if they can't, then they just shouldn't play.

And kids pay for the acts of others all the time -- for much less. Ask USC.

Edited:

McQueary's apparently not coaching. It's not even certain he'll be around PSU much longer. I personally doubt he will be.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
BS BS BS!!!!

This is liberal insanity at it's worst!!!

A man that has sex with a boy (young man) is by definition engaging in a Homosexual act...

He's also a criminal much to you sicko's chagrin
Do your research man. Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies