Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 05:21 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,253,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Pathetic post.
Whats pathetic about the post? I never implied what I would've did. I'm just giving the rationale behind what went on.

They never called the cops because they knew they would be in deep trouble regardless. They believed their best choice was to cover it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It is homosexual activity, is it not? Isn't the definition of homosexual same sex?

There you go.

Not to worry, pedophilia will be perfectly okay in a few years. After all, who do you think you are that you can infringe on someone's right to sexual freedom?

It's a Weak New World.

Not relevant. He has been doing this for some time, before he became coach and while he was coach. He didn't just start yesterday around tea time.

I've interrogated enough pedophiles and rapists to know that these people are differently twisted in a manner most bizarre. In their eyes, they've done nothing wrong, and it is you who are abnormal because you don't engage in pedophile or rape.

In any event, PSU leaders are not the police. Paterno should have gone straight to the police, instead of straight to PSU leaders so they could cover it up and cover their asses.

Paterno ought to be fired and PSU permanently banned from any Bowl appearances (except for the Pedophile Bowl).

Paterno is an accessory after the fact. That makes him equally guilty.

Paterno is supposed to be a head football coach of a prestigious university and a leader of men. What kind of leader runs and hides behind school authorities?
Absolutely ... 100% correct.

And every one of these clowns who were aware of this and failed to notify the appropriate Law Enforcement authorities are accessories after the fact, and likely chargeable with conspiracy and obstruction of justice if they met together, discussed the criminal acts and agreed to cover it up, which seems to be exactly what happened.

And there may be more punitive charges/consequences due to the nature of the crime being sexual assault of a minor.

Resigning/fired in disgrace should be only the beginning of the consequences for all of these cretins.

But I tell you ... based on a lot of information I've discovered over the years which the overwhelming majority of the public are totally unaware of, there is a strong possibility that this goes much deeper than merely covering up for one pedophile in order to protect the reputation of this University, and is likely to involve many high level people, including financier/donors.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That might make sense but most of the organizations I've dealt with require all types of insurance for that type of thing. I wonder who's insurance will pay the claims.

I could imagine that conversation..
"Hey, let me molest your child for awhile, here goes some tickets"..
Parent: That sounds GREAT, FREE TICKETS!
You got to understand, this whole debacle is not ABOUT kids.

It's about FOOTBALL!

Old 11-10-2011, 05:24 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That might make sense but most of the organizations I've dealt with require all types of insurance for that type of thing. I wonder who's insurance will pay the claims.

I could imagine that conversation..
"Hey, let me molest your child for awhile, here goes some tickets"..
Parent: That sounds GREAT, FREE TICKETS!
It is reported that Sandusky actually started/owned/ran the program for kids at risk. Some speculate that he did it to provide him easy access to young boys. There is also some, unsubstantiated as yet, speculation that he may actually have pimped the boys to donors. This is one horrific story and I hope the media stays on top of it.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:32 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Thumbs down beyond sick

Sandusky "fits" all the pedophile profile mentality.

Starts a youth group, to make excuses to be near little boys. Gives them FREE tickets to games, computer, hats, ect. ect. ect. to get the boys to be "grateful" for the gifts....from RAPIST Sandusky.

My bigggest question : What is a 55 year old man doing hanging out with 8-10 year olds? He spend a HUGE amount of time with little boys.

Guys, if you are in your 50's, are you going to hang out with Power Rangers?

If you read the Grand Jury report, his actions all always the SAME with all the little boys.

Makes them take a shower WITH him. The little boys are truly uncomfortable and then Sandusky starts the fondling stuff which graduates to full disgusting things, I can't even print here.

How many 55 year old men take showers with 8 year olds?

They need to burn Sandusky at the stake!

Old 11-10-2011, 05:44 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Absolutely ... 100% correct.

And every one of these clowns who were aware of this and failed to notify the appropriate Law Enforcement authorities are accessories after the fact, and likely chargeable with conspiracy and obstruction of justice if they met together, discussed the criminal acts and agreed to cover it up, which seems to be exactly what happened.

And there may be more punitive charges/consequences due to the nature of the crime being sexual assault of a minor.

Resigning/fired in disgrace should be only the beginning of the consequences for all of these cretins.

But I tell you ... based on a lot of information I've discovered over the years which the overwhelming majority of the public are totally unaware of, there is a strong possibility that this goes much deeper than merely covering up for one pedophile in order to protect the reputation of this University, and is likely to involve many high level people, including financier/donors.
I agree. Just how far up this may go and how far reaching, could be beyond most people's imagination. I hope those investigating it will be able to do so honestly and safely. The Prosecutor who was investigating charges against Sandusky back in '98 went missing in 2005. He has never been found; but his laptop's hard drive was recovered, unreadable, from a nearby lake where they found his car. Could be related. I imagine people who have the means would go to great lengths to cover up any involvement in something like this.

I hope they uncover it all and everyone involved gets their just rewards.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:54 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You got to understand, this whole debacle is not ABOUT kids.

It's about FOOTBALL!
Actually it has a lot to do with the amount of power some of these collegiate sports programs have in their respective universities. There needs to be stronger oversight of the coaches, players and donors. There have been previous incidents at many universities that have been swept under the rug, mostly violence to women, this is a new one.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:07 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
Default Becoming a hardliner myself now...

All I can say is, 'wow' to some of the explosive charges made by Mark Madden. Incidentally, he also authored this piece a few months back, and it accurately predicted the outcome of this case. It also detailed a few things I had apparently not known or read about.

Madden: Sandusky a State secret - Timesonline.com: Mark Madden:

If the account written in this article (months ago) is true, then I'd have to say that I'm beginning to change my mind of Paterno and Penn State. Not that I was really thinking in favorable terms already, but I was under the impression that it was one incident that occurred on the campus, with others rumored to have taken place elsewhere, coming to light later. But as I'm reading more articles about this, it seems as though this is beginning to look more and more like a rogue diocese within the Catholic church. This is just unbelievable. Not that I would defend it, but I could understand one a few dumbfounded officials not knowing how to react to a single hard-to-fathom incident...but the evidence seems to paint an even darker picture.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure that Joe Paterno gets out of this one. In fact, I would not be surprised to see the FBI get involved in this before this is over. Considering that local officials will be extremely reluctant to pursue vague criminal complaints against a statewide sports icon, it might be left to federal prosecutors to review the federal criminal code to see if there's a way they can stick their foot into this mess. And they won't care one iota what students think.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:25 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Actually it has a lot to do with the amount of power some of these collegiate sports programs have in their respective universities. There needs to be stronger oversight of the coaches, players and donors. There have been previous incidents at many universities that have been swept under the rug, mostly violence to women, this is a new one.
Actually it has a lot to do with the amount of power some of these collegiate sports programs have in their respective communities.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:28 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
[snip]If the account written in this article (months ago) is true, then I'd have to say that I'm beginning to change my mind of Paterno and Penn State. Not that I was really thinking in favorable terms already, but I was under the impression that it was one incident that occurred on the campus, with others rumored to have taken place elsewhere, coming to light later. But as I'm reading more articles about this,[snip].
You could have read the GJ report before semi-excusing Paterno and the others. They all knew about Sandusky's perversion long before 2002.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies