Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,534,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
6 months and the right still Can't accept that it was a Democrat who killed bin Laden?
How many brown people does Obama have to kill before the right takes him seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,341,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Hmm.....maybe.
Ummmm, no.
It's against the UCMJ.

Think yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Was that "former seal" part of the team that got bin laden? Didn't think so....
There sure are a lot of "former seals" out there.
Probably 3 times as many as ever existed.

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-07-2011 at 01:36 PM..

Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 PM

24,522 posts, read 33,401,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
And what the hell was MISSION ACCOMPLISHED all about? We're still in Iraq EIGHT years later, and thousands of our troops have died. Talk about your huge, self-congratulatory circle jerks.

Jesus, some conservatives are pathetic.
"Mission accomplished" meant the end of major combat. I thought the pathetic liberals already knew that.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 PM

24,522 posts, read 33,401,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Favored AWOL.
He never was AWOL. Never.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 PM

779 posts, read 538,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"Mission accomplished" meant the end of major combat. I thought the pathetic liberals already knew that.
The vast majority of US casualties occurred after that speech on May 1st, 2003. Over 3000. Thousands of Iraqis too. Sounds pretty major to me.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,986,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
First quote, a sample of you never making up anything or posting your political opinion as fact. Notice how you cite "the righties". Kind of a sample of what everyone else does or does not do.

A continuing trend by you (as in the majority of your posts) of deflecting from the topic of the thread. Then of course, you deny doing so. Right out of the liberal playbook.
The topic of this thread is BS, I know it, You know it and so do most of the thinking people on this website. That is not making anything up, that is what this thread attempted to do.
I AM talking about the topic of this thread, it is you that doesn't like what I have to say, nothing new there. Liberal play book, hmmmmm, never seen anything of the sort. But speaking of which, I do notice that righties, such as yourself attempt as a matter of course to claim others are deflecting from the topic, trolling or if that does not work throw a few personal attacks at those that dare disagree with your latest wild accusations, so if anyone has a play book I would think that would be You.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,986,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I used to work at NORAD. I had a top secret clearance. When I signed that paperwork, there was a clause that stated that I could not talk about ANYTHING related to the work I did for 70 years on pain of life imprisonment or death.

Let that sink in. D E A T H.

This guy decides to write a book and say he interviewed these soldiers and got all their stories and hey look, rainbows and fairies.
Pentagon says new bin Laden raid book gets details wrong - Stripes Central - Stripes
WASHINGTON – The Pentagon is dismissing an account of the Osama bin Laden raid contained in a new book by a former Navy SEAL.
Author and screenwriter Chuck Pfarrer says his still unreleased book, “Seal Target Geronimo,†is based on interviews of the elite SEAL team involved in the May 2 raid. The Pentagon said it could not confirm the participation of SEALs in Pfarrer’s reporting, but according to CNN, U.S. Special Operations Command has asked the troops whether they had been interviewed by the author. All claimed they had not, CNN reported.

You're asking people with most likely Top Secret, SCI, or higher clearances to blab to a book that's going to be publicly released and OMG, I'm laughing as I'm typing this.

No. No F'ng way. The ramifications for any soldier that did that would be terrible.
Apsolutely correct. I have held Top Secret clearances in the Military and I still have one since I do work for the DOD. There is no time limit on sensitive data and it seems as if someone is going to get a whole lot of attention and not the sort they wanted. Stupid people do stupid things and it looks like he will have to pay for his actions, watch and see, Uncle Sam takes a very dim view when it comes to stuff like this.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,143,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And you "know" this how? Another supposition made by you to only bolster your claims?
Well let me back track. If you think that an order given by a superior officer directing you not to speak about an operation could ever be construed as constituting an unlawful order, either you were never served in the military or you were a complete idiot when it came to the UCMJ.

Was that any better?

Quote:
Have you ever served?
Yes.

Quote:
In combat.
Yes, again.

Quote:
Don't let the truth bother you
It rarely does.

Quote:
just keep on making stuff up.
Such as?

Old 11-07-2011, 01:59 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,795,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
6 months and the right still Can't accept that it was a Democrat who killed bin Laden?
Huh? We have no idea what the political affiliation the members of Seal Team 6 claim.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:00 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,223,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Huh? We have no idea what the political affiliation the members of Seal Team 6 claim.
Playing dumb are ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies