Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 02:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Awe what's in the definition of a word when we can refer it to something else.

Sovereign Citizen Law & Legal Definition

"Sovereign citizen is a term used to refer to a political movement which grew out of a belief in government abuses of power."

Sovereign citizens exist in mind only.

Also, there is another group of U.S. citizens who would like to govern themselves under their law. (two movements that are going hand-in-hand) However, dare I define them. I will let this document define it, if any one would care to explore its content in its entirety.

FBI — Sovereign Citizens

*hint* Perspective

If there was another land in which people could go to today and reestablish themselves, I'm sure they would go there. I always come up against, 'where are people going to go', so as to create that that they wish to establish among themselves as a group? With the population of the world being as it is, I doubt very seriously an uninhabited or undiscovered land mass can be made possible.

Taxes---it always boils down to taxes and the question, are they constitutionally imposed on U.S citizens? (pivotal since 1913)
I got a real kick out of the Anti-Defamation League definition of the term and then read what the FBI said. I have seen this movement as just what the FBI says and that tells me that they agree with me.

Sovereignty refers to the ability of a nation to determine its own direction in dealing with other sovereign nations. Those crazy people who have joined in with those people who talk about sovereignty for individuals are using a word they don't know the definition of. Those on this forum who need to read your links won't, but they will continue to howl, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"But American people ARE sovereigns - until they surrender that status."

Don't worry, the U.S. Marshall's Service is going to help them with surrendering their status, from free citizen to inmate.
Do not read either of Actonbell's links because you are one of those people who think that individuals are sovereign and just tain't so. Look up some definitions somewhere else other than from people who want to think like you seem to think.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Verry interresting...Timmy Geithner got a pat on the back and promotion to Secretary of the Treasury for income tax evasion. I guess it all in who you know.
There is a huge difference, even for little folks like you and I, who can demonstrate that our lapses were unintentional and those who make a point of defrauding the nation.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:13 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Render unto Ceaser.........

Old 11-07-2011, 04:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Render unto Ceaser.........
About the best advice you can get from the Bible.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:37 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Why don't you try your beliefs then Jet? Get your butt in gear and be a leader for your them.

Henry David Thoreau was willing to stand for his beliefs, don't you wish to do the same?
Sovereigns are sovereigns, not followers. Why would anyone wish to lead them?
What fact leads you to conclude that I would not stand for my beliefs?
Is it because you embrace the opposite?
You prefer subservience to a supreme State?
You prefer compulsory labor by the productive for the benefit of the non-productive?
You prefer protection for predators and persecution for their victims?
You prefer abolition of private property rights and replacement with "benefits" (privileges) granted (and withdrawn) by the omnipotent State?

If you wish to be a subject slave, I won't get in your way.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:13 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I got a real kick out of the Anti-Defamation League definition of the term and then read what the FBI said. I have seen this movement as just what the FBI says and that tells me that they agree with me.

Sovereignty refers to the ability of a nation to determine its own direction in dealing with other sovereign nations. Those crazy people who have joined in with those people who talk about sovereignty for individuals are using a word they don't know the definition of. Those on this forum who need to read your links won't, but they will continue to howl, anyway.
Hey, man, I hear ya loud and clear!

The U.S.A is a sovereign citizen of Great Britain.

Convergently, so is O'Bama.

"Blare" was miffed at Greater Britain's insouciance.

Sarkasm will only get you venerealized, as always, with the French.

Sovereign sans citizen will get your ass muammared, Kadaffiesque style.

Join the banks and be a citizen!

I'm so paranoid, I started a checking account at Citizens Bank, locally.

Citizen's Bank in Flint, Michigan controlled the weather.

"When the weather ball is red, higher temperatures ahead.
When the weather ball is blue, lower temperatures are due.
Yellow light in weather ball means they’ll be no change at all.
When colors blink in agitation, there’s going to be precipitation."

http://michpics.wordpress.com/2006/0...-weather-ball/

Last edited by ergohead; 11-08-2011 at 02:58 AM..

Old 11-08-2011, 04:16 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Seeing how so many "liberals" in this thread seemed genuinely excited at the idea of someone going to prison for up to 25 years for tax evasion (as opposed to doing that amount of time for a violent crime) helps cement what I have always suspected, the worst crimes in their eyes are those against the state.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:30 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
I was wondering if this topic is more suited to come under "The Great Debates" category rather than "Politics" ... ?

There are a few different issues discussed here: what is an individual's rights and responsibilities as a member of society? Is taxation legal? What legitimate power can the government have over an individual? What is the definition of "sovereignty"?

Old 11-08-2011, 04:51 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Monty Ervin, Patricia Ervin convicted on tax evasion, conspiracy charges.

A federal jury found Dothan residents Monty and Patricia Ervin guilty Friday on charges of tax evasion and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Patricia Ervin was also found guilty of structuring transactions to avoid reporting requirements.

Sentencing is set for Jan. 23, 2012, in front of U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson. Monty Ervin faces a maximum of 20 years in prison and a maximum fine of $1 million. Patricia Ervin faces a maximum of 25 years and a $1.25 million fine.

Monty Ervin, Patricia Ervin convicted on tax evasion, conspiracy charges | Dothan Eagle (http://www2.dothaneagle.com/news/2011/nov/04/monty-ervin-patricia-ervin-convicted-tax-evasion-c-ar-2655889/ - broken link)

strange, I remember hearing harry reid get up there and tell everyone on national tv that taxes were voluntary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies