Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:51 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Monty Ervin, Patricia Ervin convicted on tax evasion, conspiracy charges.

A federal jury found Dothan residents Monty and Patricia Ervin guilty Friday on charges of tax evasion and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Patricia Ervin was also found guilty of structuring transactions to avoid reporting requirements.

Sentencing is set for Jan. 23, 2012, in front of U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson. Monty Ervin faces a maximum of 20 years in prison and a maximum fine of $1 million. Patricia Ervin faces a maximum of 25 years and a $1.25 million fine.

Monty Ervin, Patricia Ervin convicted on tax evasion, conspiracy charges | Dothan Eagle (http://www2.dothaneagle.com/news/2011/nov/04/monty-ervin-patricia-ervin-convicted-tax-evasion-c-ar-2655889/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 07:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Is this Dothan, Alabama? AFAIK Dothan lives off the revenue from robbing the soldiers at the US Army Helicopter School located nearby. No wonder these idiots tried to avoid taxes.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:14 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Awesome, I love the sovereign citizen movement for just this kind of thing. Two more loons out of society so normal people can get on with their lives.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:16 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Since the term "citizen" means a subject, there can be no such thing as a "sovereign citizen".

But American people ARE sovereigns - until they surrender that status.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:19 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Since the term "citizen" means a subject, there can be no such thing as a "sovereign citizen".

But American people ARE sovereigns - until they surrender that status.
Why don't you try your beliefs then Jet? Get your butt in gear and be a leader for your them.

Henry David Thoreau was willing to stand for his beliefs, don't you wish to do the same?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:26 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

A federal jury found Dothan residents Monty and Patricia Ervin guilty Friday on charges of tax evasion and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Patricia Ervin was also found guilty of structuring transactions to avoid reporting requirements.

Sentencing is set for Jan. 23, 2012, in front of U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson. Monty Ervin faces a maximum of 20 years in prison and a maximum fine of $1 million. Patricia Ervin faces a maximum of 25 years and a $1.25 million fine.

Monty Ervin, Patricia Ervin convicted on tax evasion, conspiracy charges | Dothan Eagle (http://www2.dothaneagle.com/news/2011/nov/04/monty-ervin-patricia-ervin-convicted-tax-evasion-c-ar-2655889/ - broken link)
Maybe you need to define that word, sovereign, for people here. I don't know of any definition of the word that makes a person who lives in a nation and takes advantage of all those government goodies but want to have sovereignty which is something that only governments can have in the definition of sovereignty that I have always lived by.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
"But American people ARE sovereigns - until they surrender that status."

Don't worry, the U.S. Marshall's Service is going to help them with surrendering their status, from free citizen to inmate.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Default Every time, I always think of George Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe you need to define that word, sovereign, for people here. I don't know of any definition of the word that makes a person who lives in a nation and takes advantage of all those government goodies but want to have sovereignty which is something that only governments can have in the definition of sovereignty that I have always lived by.
Awe what's in the definition of a word when we can refer it to something else.

Sovereign Citizen Law & Legal Definition

"Sovereign citizen is a term used to refer to a political movement which grew out of a belief in government abuses of power."

Sovereign citizens exist in mind only.

Also, there is another group of U.S. citizens who would like to govern themselves under their law. (two movements that are going hand-in-hand) However, dare I define them. I will let this document define it, if any one would care to explore its content in its entirety.

FBI — Sovereign Citizens

*hint* Perspective

If there was another land in which people could go to today and reestablish themselves, I'm sure they would go there. I always come up against, 'where are people going to go', so as to create that that they wish to establish among themselves as a group? With the population of the world being as it is, I doubt very seriously an uninhabited or undiscovered land mass can be made possible.

Taxes---it always boils down to taxes and the question, are they constitutionally imposed on U.S citizens? (pivotal since 1913)

Old 11-07-2011, 02:44 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
All that paranoia about government and ultimately society, why don't such people buy themselves land on the moon so they can live all on their own

Old 11-07-2011, 02:47 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Verry interresting...Timmy Geithner got a pat on the back and promotion to Secretary of the Treasury for income tax evasion. I guess it all in who you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies