Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:53 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So Texas was left off............

Relax Im kidding
Hey .. it really doesn't hurt my feelers at all .. trust me on this .. I've only been here a short little while
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
???OH,??? Was there a National Emergency Alert today???? I never noticed, what did it do??
It pissed and moaned ... blamed Bush .. rolled over .. and went back to sleep

Old 11-09-2011, 01:55 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
We better print and borrow more $$$ ASAP and get some Government union goons working on this

Old 11-09-2011, 01:57 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
National Emergency Alert System Flops: Were You Alerted? [POLL]

I was tuned in to NatGeo and never saw it ..

A spectacular Government fail .. and really .. I'm not even a little bit surprised by this
I saw it on OWN

Old 11-09-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I saw it on OWN
Of course you did .. Oprah is one of the biggest political suck-ups out there ..

Old 11-09-2011, 02:06 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:

A spectacular Government fail .. and really .. I'm not even a little bit surprised by this
How is it a fail, if you don't have a clue what it was about?

Old 11-09-2011, 02:11 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Sure it's a test, but the fact that the cable companies and the internet weren't effected is quite telling.

I don't think that the government is "all of that" .. even though they try to B.S. everybody into believing that it is ..

Actually, I smell the stench of another pretext to pass more laws to "facilitate" better communications during a "real emergency".

Call it a wild guess if you want ... but I base it on decades of historical deception and manipulation. The media have no trouble singing in perfect key and unison, right down to "script level" consistency, when they want to, so I'm not buying the BS about "Failure".

Oh, so you don't believe that there is this extremely powerful control over exactly what you see and here on TV already, including language used right down to Hollywood script level accuracy?

Think again:

Media Reacts To Conan's Same-Sex Wedding News - YouTube

Old 11-09-2011, 02:14 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Headline at drudgereport.com says our PHONES and internet are next! Oh boy, our phones....ain't this Orwellian crap just dynomite?!

It didn't sound very clear on our strongest, local radio station, but at least they changed their minds about it being our dictator's voice that we had to suffer. (Not a rumor..I recall reading at Federal Radio news, or some! site, early this year that near the end of the year that we would have the first national test and it was going to be Obama talking to us.)

Old 11-09-2011, 02:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:

Is it not true that the emergency broadcast system, 'this has been a test' of which we all grew up with, was not even activated on 9/11?

Oh well, I suppose it's good that they're at least working on it. Better than spending time worrying about Craigslist erotic services or the scourage of pot smoking.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:17 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
LOL to your last sentence, and amen.

This is so unnecessary, and truly Orwellian because every state I have lived in has taken very fine care of me, per warnings, alerts, etc.
Not everything needs to be nationalized. States, like our Texas could seriously, now...secede from the country and we all would be just fine.

This is yet another mindgame of Psychopolitics, and power grab since Communists, more than any other type of leaders "micromanage" their citizenry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies