Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 06:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,416,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
I recited history to you, so obviously I do know about it. History shows the Shah was secular and progressive by the standards of that part of the world. However, not being pure enough for Carter, we pulled out our support him and bammo, out of the frying pan, into the blast furnace Iran went, and has stayed.

I invite you to study history so you can discuss these matters from a factual base.

No you did not, the Shah was a dictator, and he killed his people for no reason, and kept them in poverty.

Its why the Russian Czar fell.

So often is the case, when the poor feel mistreated, the government they put in place fails to live up to its promise. Germany and the Nazis, Shah in Iran, The 13 colonies first government failed.

The good thing about our country was that we realized our errors before it was to late. Uprisings had already started here, and people wanted to crown Washington a king. Thank God that man wasn't a raving lunatic, we owe him our country.

But you are saying that Egypt is just like the Shah. The radicals in Iran reached out to the United States, and we still backed the dictator. Thats why Iran hates us now, not because a radical movement took over. We could have had great relations with Iran, they are the most western like of all countries that worship Muhammads God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,071,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
If those women are smart, they will leave Egypt then. What now, Mr. Lunatic muslim leader? Oh that's right, you still would have your goats and sheep.

Which neighboring Muslim nation should they flee to?

Perhaps Israel?

We should have been minding our own business. We've just peed in our own soup again.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:08 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,721,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Egypt: Islamic supremacist presidential candidate vows to arrest bikini-wearing women if elected - Jihad Watch

In addition, he plans to impose the jizya on non-Muslims.

Let's hope this guy's party doesn't win but it is not looking good:

Change.
Was this guy elected?
Giving him credence is like believing Michelle Bachmann

Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,337,137 times
I'm being a lazy ass and haven't kept up with the daily news on the Mid-East street, but the next year or two ought to be interesting. I've always believed 100 percent in national sovereignty (well, maybe 98 percent), but I've always had skepticism for the wisdom of democrats (small 'd'). I no more trust my neighbor to vote right than to watch my pile of gold while I go on vacation in Hawaii for a week. And I sure as hell don't trust millions of desperate people who have no experience with democracy. This is where I begin to question my belief in sovereignty...but I guess I'm stickin with it for now.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:35 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,874,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So wearing bikini is a fundamental human right now.
I think you know what was meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You don't know anything about history do you?

The Shah of Iran was abusing his people, killing them, living in EXTREME wealth while the rest of his country suffered. He was a dictator.

The United States mistake was that we backed him to long.

Read a history book for goodness sakes.
And what was the Shah replaced with? Was it better or worse for Iran?

Old 11-15-2011, 10:54 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,205,489 times
He must really hate bush. And fun. Fun-hater.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,071,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
He must really hate bush. And fun. Fun-hater.
In case you hadn't noticed, bush is out of style. There is plenty of video evidence to support my claim.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:24 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,229 times
Quote:
What about the banning of burqas in France, do you oppose that?
Well, it's law now isn't it? And rightfully so. As did Belgium and Italy.

That ban had to do with the niqab, the veil covering the face as the only "identifying" part of the face were the eyes being exposed. It backfired on one Saudi who married a woman and when she removed her niqab she was fugly and had a mustache. He thought he was marrying the woman in the photo that he was shown before marriage, who was actually her sister. He ran to the court to divorce her.

Some countries have banned women from entering government buildings wearing the niqab.

Islam does not mandate women cover their face, but to dress modestly. It's the extremists that want women to stay in the dark.

Last edited by softblueyz; 11-16-2011 at 12:33 AM..

Old 11-16-2011, 02:45 AM

43,733 posts, read 44,495,603 times
Quote:
How the country turns out as far as foreign policy does have to deal with us, because we are allies with Israel.

The government allowed dress code to the people who will elect its own government is none of our business.

Egypt shouldn't be telling the United States we should pass healthcare. But our relationship with Israel is something to talk about.
Israel has nothing to do with Egyptian internal policies.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:46 AM

43,733 posts, read 44,495,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Which neighboring Muslim nation should they flee to?

Perhaps Israel?

We should have been minding our own business. We've just peed in our own soup again.
Israel is not a Muslim country. It has nothing at all to do with the Egyptian Government's internal policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies