Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:19 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, it does not. Why would you think one single individual example would prove what everyone knows that FOX's base is primarily conservative. Of course, the OP did not claim to be liberal. Let's face it the comments are mainly from the still existing George Wallace conservatives. Just common sense.
Prove it. If it's common sense then prove it, it should be easy to prove right? The point is that anyone can join a media outlet's website and comment about whatever they want, whether they're being honest or not. Prove who made those comments.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:20 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I went to foxnews, and they were whining about it being the headline story, even though every newspaper around the country has it on there main page on the site.

Browsing through the 264 comments in the article I saw the typical jealous subtle racial trolling: bunch of thugs who cares, national geographic on the court, had to make a deal to get another escalade for the holidays from conservative white males.

It's funny how it's ok if bankers can make millions, but not black professional athletes.

Of course my belief is this. If you hate the NBA so much, why are you posting 10 times in the thread saying I won't watch, there overpaid, blah blah blah. That's the hilarious part of it. That's what they call being a hater. Hate to hate, because you are envious and jealous of them, which causes blind hate. I say grow up.

NBA Owners, Players Reach A Tentative Deal To End Lockout | Fox News

There are 2 observations. One, conservatives don't care how much anyone makes. Second, isn't the left on a jihad against wealth? Why not a peep from them about the excesses of professional athletes?

Old 11-26-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
ding ding ding.

i think these people are trying to convince us that these people who make derogatory comments about blacks arnt white. there trying now to get us to think they are black posters who made those posts.

use probable cause and simple numbers, you come to a simple and sound conclusion that these posters on fox were white conservative males.
Prove it.

Why can't you prove something that you claim is soooooo simple?

Old 11-26-2011, 09:22 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
No, it does not. Why would you think one single individual example would prove what everyone knows that FOX's base is primarily conservative. Of course, the OP did not claim to be liberal. Let's face it the comments are mainly from the still existing George Wallace conservatives. Just common sense.
Of course Wallace was a Dem, and still reflects the views of a sizable number of Dems, conservative and liberal.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:37 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,975 times
I'm looking forward to seeing infamous thug Jimmer Fredette play.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:32 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
If I am surfing on BET and find people complaining about whitey I will figure there is a high probability they are black. Yes, it is possible to make assumptions that are highly probable based on simple statistics.
If you can see them then it isn't really that difficult to figure out race they belong to.

Unless you're some kind of moron.

You cannot tell what race a person belongs to on an anonymous internet message board. Or their political beliefs.

As much as you think you can, you can't. And that is based on fact.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:30 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
If you can see them then it isn't really that difficult to figure out race they belong to.

Unless you're some kind of moron.

You cannot tell what race a person belongs to on an anonymous internet message board. Or their political beliefs.

As much as you think you can, you can't. And that is based on fact.
You can assess a probability. Just like you cannot prove any individual case of lung cancer was caused by smoking you can use statistics to assess the probability of a lung cancer case being caused by smoking.

You can be pretty damn sure that most of the racist comments insulting blacks are not made by blacks or liberals who now trump diversity over common sense.

Take a course in statistics than come back here.

You a white conservative male.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:39 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Because one of their intellectual leaders calls it a Thug sport, comparing it to Bloods and the Crips.

Interesting that a drug addict would call something else thuggish, what the hell is abusing Heroin? High society living?

Limbaugh on the NBA: "Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association ... They're going in to watch the Crips and the Bloods" | Media Matters for America
There is bit truth to his comments though. The players have moved away from being the roles models of the past, and have started acting more like thugs.

Yes there are some that still exemplify the best in people, but more and more often we hear and read about the behavior of these players, and the violence/drugs/etc etc ad nauseam.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
You can assess a probability. Just like you cannot prove any individual case of lung cancer was caused by smoking you can use statistics to assess the probability of a lung cancer case being caused by smoking.

You can be pretty damn sure that most of the racist comments insulting blacks are not made by blacks or liberals who now trump diversity over common sense.

Take a course in statistics than come back here.
You're still not comprehending what's going on, let me make this very simple for you.

Liberals HATE Fox News, liberals have created entire media outlets like Media Matters with the sole goal of attacking and one day shutting down Fox News. Liberals have been foaming at the mouth over Fox News for years now. I'd say it's pretty widely known that Liberals HATE Fox News so we'll consider that to be a proven fact.

Liberals regularly attack people/groups with false claims of racism when the people/groups don't agree with their liberal views. If you disagree with Obama, liberals call you a racist. If you want to limit or end welfare programs, Liberals call you racist. If you dislike wasting money on illegal immigrants Liberals call you racist.

Now when you couple Liberal hate for Fox News and their propensity for using race against people they don't like you can easily see why Liberals regularly make racism claims against Fox News. It's their typical attack method, no big surprise at all.

If you hated something like Fox News and you wanted to make racism claims against them what would be the best way to attack Fox News? Easy, you sign up and make wild, insane, racist comments to their articles. Just look around CD, Fox News articles are posted here all the time by liberals who claim to hate Fox News.

Logical people like myself don't take anonymous comments seriously, especially from a place like Fox News because I know how many people hate them and would like nothing more than to make them seem racist.

With that said, if you can prove that the comments in question indeed did come from white conservatives then we'll be more than happy to acknowledge the problem but until then I'll be waiting for real proof.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:50 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Why do liberals ask stupid questions? Every conservative I know could care less about the NBA lockout. I certainlt don't.
I care about it because three players who could have made a huge difference in my college team have been idle because of signing up in the NBA. Two of them were in the first 14 signed but could have become so much better had they been practicing the past 6 months. I will watch their teams play this year unless they are just bench riders.

I would never pay what tickets cost to see an NBA game so those players can draw those huge salaries. I watched the Bob Cousy led Celtics one year for free and it kind of spoiled me, I guess. Those guys didn't get paid anything like the unionized players of today do. Bill Russell could handle anything they can do these days and he was only in his second year when I saw him in Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies