Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:54 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,308 times

Advertisements

Its how he plays the game , not just that he wins them.
This professional athlete is so devoted to God he claims he is still a virgin , saving himself for marriage . A better Christian than myself indeed .
I love to watch this guy play , he wins , his team loves him , the fans love him . Yes he is All Jesus All the time , you get used to it.

Here are some helpful hints/links to becoming a fan.
Tebow is 4-1 in his five starts this year playing for the Denver Broncos.
Espn coverage of Tebow is Massive for a 2nd year guy .
The GM that drafted Tebow was fired , Elway took a long time to give him a chance to play this year , fans spent their own money putting up billboards " Let Tebow play"
The anti -Tebow broadcasters pepper him with questions like he was GW Bush ! He does very well for him self in every interview . Its not Chris Christie but its good .

CBS reacts to controversial Tebow Super Bowl ad - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN
A big deal was made about Tebow family Super Bowl ad . Left goes nuts ,tries to get ad pulled without first watching it LMAO.
Tebowing
1 page explaining Te bow ing ( Tebow praying on the field )

News Flash: Tim Tebow Loves Jesus :: :: FITSNewsFITSNews
In fact the Denver Broncos quarterback is so open about his faith that it’s beginning to annoy people – like former Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer, whotold a Phoenix radio station earlier this week that he’s had enough of Tebow’s incessant Holy Rolling

Bill Maher Suggests The GOP Nominate Tim Tebow For President (VIDEO) - The Huffington Post

Last Friday comedian Bill Maher suggested the GOP nominate Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow for president in 2012, though it wasn't the most flattering of proposed nominations since Maher is never one to mince words.

"Tim Tebow is so cuckoo for Christianity that he used to write Bible verses in the charcoal under his eyes. Creepy to some, but for redneck America, they couldn't love this guy more if he was sculpted out of bacon," Maher said.

Just before explaining that Tebow was picked by the Broncos despite his inability to throw like a girl ("Naomi Campbell has a more impressive completion rate with cellphones") Maher said that the quarterback's reputation for Tebowing -- a knight-like prayer pose -- would make him right at home among other presidential hopefuls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 10:59 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,972,464 times
Forgot who said this, probably my local radio station...

"He runs like there's a church in the end zone!"

Best thing I heard that day.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:24 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Are you ready for some Tebow?

Old 11-27-2011, 11:27 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Last Friday comedian Bill Maher suggested the GOP nominate Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow for president in 2012, though it wasn't the most flattering of proposed nominations since Maher is never one to mince words.

"Tim Tebow is so cuckoo for Christianity that he used to write Bible verses in the charcoal under his eyes. Creepy to some, but for redneck America, they couldn't love this guy more if he was sculpted out of bacon," Maher said.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Old 11-27-2011, 11:47 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,794,529 times
I think his attitude is what makes him so great, he has such a winning spirit, although he may never be a long term starter in the NFL. He won in high school, he won in the 2nd best conference in college football, lol, and he's won a National Championship. He's a big kid that I root for, even if his overrated team president Elway doesn't. I hope he keeps winning. I'm not a conservative and you don't have to be to root for Tebow.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
People desperately want someone to root for who does not have a police record, has not raped anyone, does not beat up his wife, does not use crack, etc., and that has Hollywood looks as well. Throw in the fact that he is a genuinely nice person with a winning record throughout his football career and he has far more fans than detractors.

Of course, lots of people don't like religion thrown in their face everytime they watch a football game, no more than alot of people want to hear a politicians religious beliefs. These things are better kept PERSONAL, even more so in politics, where we have something called "Separation of Church and State", much to the regret of fundamentalist Republicans.

You can't blame Elway if he is not his biggest fan, I say that because I saw the guy play in Mile High stadium, he was awesome.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:13 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times

Who cares what his religion is, when I watch football its all about the game. Based on his personal stats as Quarterback he is not very good yet.

I will never meet him or call him friend so his religion or political affiliation means nothing to me. The only thing that matters is can he play football.

Now since I have been a Raider Fan since the days of the AFL I could careless how well he does. Unless he is playing for the Raiders.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:02 PM

716 posts, read 1,120,177 times
Players/coaches that are way, way worse than Tim Tebow:

Adam Jones
Ray Lewis
Donte Stalworth
Tom Cable
Tank Johnson
Cedric Benson
Leonard Little(retired I think)

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more

Old 11-27-2011, 01:09 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,308 times
Originally Posted by Jaymie

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!
I thought "what person full of hate could think this was funny?"
Now we know .

Old 11-27-2011, 01:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I think his attitude is what makes him so great, he has such a winning spirit, although he may never be a long term starter in the NFL. He won in high school, he won in the 2nd best conference in college football, lol, and he's won a National Championship. He's a big kid that I root for, even if his overrated team president Elway doesn't. I hope he keeps winning. I'm not a conservative and you don't have to be to root for Tebow.
Second best collegiate football conference my ass!! GTFOH

Anyway, you can't help but like the guy and the fact that he's a born winner. But still, i see him just like i see any other player....he's gotta accomplish it on the field.

As for his religious beliefs...Meh, don't give a damn. That's his problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies