Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:42 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times

Advertisements

With all of its extremely stifling regulations and beloved bureaucracy and red tape the socially progressive EU Garden of Eden is failing.

Why?

Oh, I know.

Its the "rich" and the "capitalists" and the "1%", right?

But I thought that the heavy-handed rules were supposed to destroy the bankers.

What is your new solution?

Would a new heavy dose of regulations and bureaucracy and red tape do the trick in bringing in a new progressive Renaissance in the Old World?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 03:48 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
With all of its extremely stifling regulations and beloved bureaucracy and red tape the socially progressive EU Garden of Eden is failing.

Why?

Oh, I know.

Would a new heavy dose of regulations and bureaucracy and red tape do the trick in bringing in a new progressive Renaissance in the Old World?
That only happens over there. It won't happen here.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,880 times
They're actually saving the bankers...
I like our finance minister but I do not understand why he keeps lobbying for paying Greeces debts and welfare, It's not our fkn' problem that the Greeks are lazy.
The strong countries like my own and Germany is shipping in boatloads of money to weak countries like Greece.
We're doing fine But imo we should let Greece fall, especially as we're not even in the €-currency.
For all i care banks that misbehave can take their falls and be gone, and countries who misbehave like Greece and Italy are no different. If they stop electing clowns for officials, and stop being so damned corrupt they'd be fine.
But instead they have shorter work-days lower retirement age, hardly any taxes etc, what do they expect is gonna happen? Of course they fall.

The largest problem in Europe is that nobody follows the rules. There are rules set out to prevent this, but the Union was so hasty in expanding that exception after exception was made for different countries to the point where nobody has to follow rules anymore.
And it works fine worth strong countries like Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and so on, but we can't afford always paying up for the inadequacies of countries like Greece.
And Greece itself is a small country that can be handled and contained, the real problem comes if Italys long misbehavior finally bursts, because their economy is to large for the rest of us to chip in all the cash it would take.

If countries who didn't follow the rules were thrown out instead of givven more and more time until they fell totally overboard we wouldn't sit here sending our surplus to countries like Greece.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:02 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
...egalite
...liberte
...fraternate

OH MY!!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:05 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

Why?

Oh, I know.

Been having nightmares?
What's your source of news that Europe is on its deathbed?

Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
After you explain why heavily deregulated America is on it's deathbed.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:13 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
After you explain why heavily deregulated America is on it's deathbed.
Hehehehe....indeed.

Funny thing is, Germany and Scandinavia, both highly regulated are doing much better than the USA. The problems in S. Europe have more to do with a culture of corruption and tax dodging than regulation.

Why is deregulated Somalia on its deathbed?

Old 11-27-2011, 05:13 PM

932 posts, read 1,178,001 times
Europe isn't a country, it's a continent made up of several sovereign countries, each with different languages, cultures and customs.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:15 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Europe isn't a country, it's a continent made up of several sovereign countries, each with different languages, cultures and customs.
Enter the Zone of:
Me, conservative American patriot know squat about Europe, but me big mouth always flappping in breeze how bad everything in Europe is.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:18 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Been having nightmares?
What's your source of news that Europe is on its deathbed?
Read it and weep! (and spin, spin, spin!!)

News Headlines

Quote:
Investors began to fear the worst for the euro after unusually weak demand at an auction for bonds from Germany, the region’s largest economy. One analyst went so far as to put the currency on a “death watch.”

Germany sold just 60 percent of the 6 billion euros in 10-year bunds it brought to auction, about the weakest demand seen for the country’s debt in the currency’s 16-year history, economists said. The rejection of debt from Europe’s safe harbor marks a new stage for the crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies