Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:44 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,486,679 times

Advertisements

I simply cannot understand the mind of a pedophile...but that's probably a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,550,024 times
I wonder how many real pedophiles were themselves once victims of a pedophile? Could such past trauma lead some victims to repeat the same abuse upon others? If so, then that would explain the seeming rise in such behavior. Combine this along with the Internet being used as a support network for pedophiles and you see why such things are growing. If one has such desires, go get help before you act upon those desires. If I had been on the plane near him and saw what he was looking at, I'd probably be arrested for my actions and would claim "temporary insanity" as my defense.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I wonder how many real pedophiles were themselves once victims of a pedophile? Could such past trauma lead some victims to repeat the same abuse upon others? If so, then that would explain the seeming rise in such behavior. Combine this along with the Internet being used as a support network for pedophiles and you see why such things are growing. If one has such desires, go get help before you act upon those desires. If I had been on the plane near him and saw what he was looking at, I'd probably be arrested for my actions and would claim "temporary insanity" as my defense.
I forget the statistics from my psychology class before, but I believe at least 3/4 of pedophiles were sexually abused themselves as kids, and it passes on down the chain

Old 11-28-2011, 11:01 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Along with kids being sexualized by the entertainment industry at younger ages.

I was in a Carl's Jr. in my home town. The town is small, so if you don't know somebody then you know somebody that does know him/her. There was a 9-year-old boy (he looked to be about 9) next to me whom I didn't know but recognized from around town. He pointed at a woman at the counter with a big smile on his face and asked me, a complete stranger, "Ain't she hot?" Call me a buzz-kill, but I was just shocked at a 9-year-old saying this so I asked him, "aren't you a little young to be thinking that?" At that point he got embarrased and yelled defiantly, "No!!" Get it? A 9-year-old boy felt he had to defend his manhood!! At 9!!! This is what our society is becoming. Kids becoming exposed to sex and sexually active at younger and younger ages. And the pedophiles are having a field day.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I forget the statistics from my psychology class before, but I believe at least 3/4 of pedophiles were sexually abused themselves as kids, and it passes on down the chain
I think, if I remember correctly, this is another reason many victims are afraid to come forward, because they might be branded a future abuser.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,488,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Along with kids being sexualized by the entertainment industry at younger ages.

My Mom used to work in daycare. She told me that some of the kids would mimic sexual moves in a manner that, if I did that when I was a kid, would have warranted a swift kick in the rear.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:18 PM

352 posts, read 1,005,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
This is a professor?!! Don't you need brains or atleast common sense to be a professor? (Not to mention morals.)
It would be ironic if it was a moral philosopher.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:24 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,621,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostSecularist View Post
It would be ironic if it was a moral philosopher.
Engineering professor.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
My Mom used to work in daycare. She told me that some of the kids would mimic sexual moves in a manner that, if I did that when I was a kid, would have warranted a swift kick in the rear.
And it's not always their parents or any other adult they're getting it from. The idiot box, the internet, radio, ipod, video games, their friends, older relatives...you never really know. I wonder how many parents of those kids were mistakenly accused of child abuse?

Old 11-28-2011, 11:31 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,423,786 times
I don't see why conservatives are making such a big deal of his occupation. If he had been a farmer, I doubt liberals would be on here using this incident to denigrate all conservatives.

He's a sick ****. Lock him up. Pedophiles come from all ages, races, socioeconomic backgrounds, professions, and genders. Don't try to politicize this crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies