Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:44 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
That's right. They want it all handed to them right at the beginning. For those of us that have done it, mediocrity was a starting place. You work to get more or work your way up. That concept it lost on them. Thank you for admitting that.
No, you are incredibly wrong...you see for them there is no beginning as there are no jobs. A livable wage is laughable in this country. Wages have been stagnant for years.

You can't compare your story to someone today. By stating you put children through school I am assuming you are over 45'-50ish? ( if I am wrong, please correct me) With that said, when you started out, times were a whole LOT different. You see the more this nation has tried to progress, the more we have failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 02:45 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You see the more this nation has tried to progress, the more we have failed.

Maybe " progress"ives dont know how to do it.

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
Quote:
You sure do, consider your self incredibly blessed that you accomplished all of that before the walls started to cave in. And hope to see your SS as well as your children and grands if applicable.
In other words, I get nothing and you think the rest of us should be happy watching our tax dollars go to these losers that bought too much house and invested too much in a useless over priced degree. If they had half a brain they would have seen this before they borrowed the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Ya know Chrome, I do believe you are well intentioned, but I am afraid you are being led by those good intentions to support a movenment that is nepharious. I would ask you to closely examine and consider your support.
As I would you....the problem is there for ALL of us, each and every one.
And partisan politics isn't going to correct it. This country is in trouble and we can't look to the very ones who are causing this mess to correct it. If they cared they would not have created this dayum cluster of a mess to begin with.

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
And the sit-in at the Woolworth lunch counter in Greensboro, NC.
And let us not forget the ORIGINAL tea partiers...Boston Tea Party.
Did those Boston Tea Partiers really violate federal law? Maybe if you study up on the situation you will find that they came long before the US and its Constitution.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The first amendment of the constitution of the country that was founded by people who protested and broke plenty of laws. The Boston Tea Party wasn't legal. You might want to re-think what you're complaining about here.
Are you calling that Tea Party that came before the Revolution not legal? It sure wasn't under British law which was in effect there then.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:48 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I pay my mortgage and student loans timely every single month. I work full time and have had a job since I was 14.

Yet, I am still DISGUSTED by the corruption and intermingling within The Federal Reserve, Wall Street and our Government.

You'd have to not have a pulse to NOT BE outraged.

Goldman Sachs Rule The World Not Governments BBC Sept 26 2011 - YouTube
Still don't see why you should get bailed out and I get nothing.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
In other words, I get nothing and you think the rest of us should be happy watching our tax dollars go to these losers that bought too much house and invested too much in a useless over priced degree. If they had half a brain they would have seen this before they borrowed the money.
Wait a minute now...you say the OWS'rs have never worked a day in their lives. They are not the ones who have the homes they can not pay for. Right?

You are trying to fight two different battles here.

But with that said......I would much rather bail out someone in this country who needs it then to run across the map handing out dollars that we do not have in the name of goodwill while our soldiers are getting blown up, held hostage, civilians getting killed and held hostage and the others who come into this nation illegally and rob us blind.

You pick your poison and good luck with it.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did those Boston Tea Partiers really violate federal law? Maybe if you study up on the situation you will find that they came long before the US and its Constitution.

You really need to follow the thread and keep up...what they did do was an act of civil disobedience.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:54 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Still don't see why you should get bailed out and I get nothing.
Who is talking bailouts? OWS wants to PUT AN END TO BAILOUTS!!!

I agree, it is an individual responsibility to pay for student loans. You can't listen to the few uninformed College Students complaining about student loans.

Look at the bigger picture! It is about Crony Capitalism and Bribed politicians. The problem is a lot bigger than many realize.
I personally feel that The Federal Reserve should be audited and eventually phased out in order for America to issue its own DEBT FREE currency that is not controlled by a private International entity, but BY THE PEOPLE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies