Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:04 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

The "arab spring" that obama hailed by pushing mubarak out of Egypt, which will now be ruled by radical islamists.

Much Lauded 'Arab Spring' Turns To Bitter Winter As Islamist Regimes Take Power - Investors.com

Quote:
When skeptics cautioned that the Arab world has no history of democracy, and that radical Islamists would likely fill the void left by toppled pro-U.S. secularists like Mubarak, the left derided them as paranoid or bigoted.

In February, Obama dismissed concerns about the Brotherhood. "They don't have majority support in Egypt," he said. But "there are a whole bunch of secular folks in Egypt, there are a whole bunch of educators and civil society in Egypt that want to come to the fore."
Turns out obama was absolutely WRONG....again.

Turns out WE were right...again.

barack hussein obama - the president who lost a moderate ME by giving it to the most radical segments of islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 08:05 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
"we"?

I have to agree that you're a moderate in the sense that Palin is a moderate.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:23 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,960 times
Do you have a source that isn't biased as all hell? "With the help of Obama, who egged on the rioters..." Really? Was Obama rioting with the people, throwing rocks himself?

"Obama traded autocracy for theocracy" He did? Did he have his receipt when he made the transaction?

"These are the fruits of the "democracy in the Middle East" that President Obama and the left facilitated"

Strange, because I assumed they could have done this with or without Obama. I'm pretty sure the oppressive dictators, humans rights abuses, corruption and the like helped facilitate these protests.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:28 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
I dislike Islam, but as long as it stays in "Arabia" I don't care.
Frankly, if the West had not supported Arab dictators for decades, people would not be so pissed at all things from the West, including what we like to think of as democracy. The Egyptians voted for the Muslim Brotherhood because they didn't see any trustworthy alternatives.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:30 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Do you have a source that isn't biased as all hell? "With the help of Obama, who egged on the rioters..." Really? Was Obama rioting with the people, throwing rocks himself?

"Obama traded autocracy for theocracy" He did? Did he have his receipt when he made the transaction?

"These are the fruits of the "democracy in the Middle East" that President Obama and the left facilitated"

Strange, because I assumed they could have done this with or without Obama. I'm pretty sure the oppressive dictators, humans rights abuses, corruption and the like helped facilitate these protests.
Dude, if you don't know why Obama was REALLY in Cairo making all those speeches, then you're not paying attention. Bill Ayers and his wife have been rabble rousing in Egypt for a few years now. They were holding seminars to teach these kids how to riot and protest. They even supplied the signage. Obama was backing them all the way. His Cairo speeches were laden with key words and calls to action.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The "arab spring" that obama hailed by pushing mubarak out of Egypt, which will now be ruled by radical islamists.

Much Lauded 'Arab Spring' Turns To Bitter Winter As Islamist Regimes Take Power - Investors.com

barack hussein obama - the president who lost a moderate ME by giving it to the most radical segments of islam.
First of all, Obama had little to do with it. Secondly there's little he could have done about it either way. Third, it's way to early to tell what is going to happen.

Dumb thread, dumb article.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:37 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Neocon speak.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
First of all, Obama had little to do with it. Secondly there's little he could have done about it either way. Third, it's way to early to tell what is going to happen.

Dumb thread, dumb article.
You're joking?

How short and selective our memories are. Obama pushed mubarak out, a 30 year ally, in favor of dubious "protesters" that have now been exposed as the radicals they are. He wanted him gone "yesterday".

Well, the media played down all the violence, rapes, beatings, radicalism as the RIOTS (the MSM lauded the "democracy" protests) played out worldwide.

How you can read his own words about what he THOUGHT would happen and then look at the reality and still defend his greatest foreign policy blunder is beyond me.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
LOL. Blame the United States. It never fails. As if it was up to the US to decide who rules Egypt. There was no other choice but to support democracy. Or was there another option? Tell Mubarak to gun down the protesters and deny democracy? I don't think so. The protesters took the country, and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

During Bush era the US pushed for democratic election for Palestinians, and they accepted the offer, and elected Hamas, a terrorist organization to majority. No one was happy about the outcome of the elections, but you can't blame the US for trying to spread democracy. Of course unlike Egypt, with Palestine, we could have just let it be, and not do anything. I don't blame the US for spreading democracy. With Egypt something big was going to happen no matter what the US did.

Now we have taken democracy to Iraq, and since they have 60% Shiite majority, there is no doubt who will rule Iraq, the Shiites will, and because of that, they will be heavily influenced by the Shiite Iran.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 AM

668 posts, read 2,187,543 times
When you have a culture such as in the Middle East, they will ultimately go for a Theorcracy, instead of Democracy.

Religion is a huge part of thier lives, more so than anywhere else, simply because the Radicals have taken control of the land. Not hard to see...
Iran is a major factor, starting with the Revolution in '79. Once that was firmly established, it was only a matter of time, before it spread out to other Nations in the area.

Life is tough in the Middle East. Stagnated culture for thousands of years, and, they are still under supppression, by thier own people, thier own culture, thier own Religion.
Trying to 'scrape out a living', in the harsh desert, (remember, a lot of these people were tent dwellers, and there are still bedoine tribes about). its not easy living in a harsh climate, and not have a 'hard attitude' towards the West, as we have the modern conviniences that they wont have for many years!

I was in Turkey in the 70s. They still used horses to plow the fields. (Yep, did see one John Deer tractor and was told that the guy was RICH to afford that!!).

We have many 'diversions' to keep us interested in various things, and provide a 'pressure relief' valve, when we get stressed out. They, on the other hand, have none. Its a day to day grindstone, trying to eek out a living, just to provide food for thier family. Then, you have them looking to the West, and seeing how 'easy' we have it. Fast foods, Supermarkets, all the conviniences of an easy life. Can you blame them for hating us for our technologies and advancements?

They must wonder, "Why cant 'we' have that too"?? Americans, are so 'weak' because they cant 'survive' like we do...and, with that note, then they cop and attitude and suddenly, we are something to be scorned and hated.

They dont know all the things we go through, (9/11 for an example), because they dont have modern communications in the back hills, or, word of mouth is the 'only' communications they have to the outside.

Not sharing our 'values' of Life, they worship a culture of Death, simply because its something they 'cope' with every day, in thier harsh life. When you see your children starving to death, from lack of food, proper nutrition and dehydration, and you 'know' that the Wealty Americans have all the luxuries, you begin to form hatreds at your way of life, and want to tear down 'our' way of life...

No, given a Culture and fanaticism such as this, its not a wonder that the Radiacls will soon be taking over the Continent, and coming to a neighborhood near you!

I wish you well...

Jesse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies