Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:35 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This video doesn't even begin to touch on the devastation we wrought - this was early in the fighting. As time went on, we bombed the hospitals, cut off utility's, water, food, and allowed genocide of the black workers.
This was never a humanitarian effort, this was a regime change, a violent coup by the U.S., France and Britain. We armed non-native mercenaries and won the battles for them from the sky, so they could proclaim victory over this sovereign country. We have given the Libyan people strife and civil war. And we wonder why they hate us!
We will do the same thing in Iran. Iran has never attacked another country, but if we keep pushing them, they will retaliate.
The embargo's we put on Iraq, prior to our invasion, killed 500,000 people. We are putting crushing sanctions on Iran now. This will only serve to harm populace, and make them hate us more.
The nuclear plants are for nuclear energy, as they've been saying all along. However, as we threaten them, the motivation for nukes to defend themselves is only logical. We are begging them to do something, so we can wipe them off the map. By the way, he never said that about Israel, when you get a proper interpretation. He was saying he wanted regime change in Israel, he is against the Zionists like Bebe. Ackmad has no problem with Jews, there are many living in Iran presently.
How do you know what you say is true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 10:19 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I trust my sources and distrust the mainstream media, they are not telling us the truth.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:48 AM

700 posts, read 638,392 times
I blame Bush...and so did you.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ork-egypt.html

Your very own quotes regarding Obama and the Egypt uprising:

"Yes, our democracy loving president was on top of things a year ago, undermining the movement (Egypt uprising)."

"Seems some of those democracy advocates were very disappointed when obama cut funding for the democracy programs Bush started, that have obviously born fruit.

Surely, even you can admit it was Bush who initiated the funding for the programs...and obama w(h)o drastically cut them."

I'm starting to believe you don't have a concrete inclination on any issue other than "what contradicts Obama and the democrats stance?" or "what's the GOP's position on the particular subject at hand?".

To further prove my point, here is contradictory statements you made concerning Libya as well.

No we shouldn't implement a NFZ and bomb Libya

On March 8th wjtwet asked, "No fly zone in Libya and Bombing Libya; Should we do this?" to which sanrene replied, "No, we should not. Going to be interesting watching obama contort around the issue, considering his rhetoric against Bush while campaigning."

Yes we should...Why the wait? We should rush to war.

On March 11th sanrene posted, "We have no leadership. The UN is a useless waste of taxpayer money. What good are they? Genocides, democracy protesters slaughtered in the streets and this "world body" does nothing...Disgusting, shameful.He makes his declarations and then...nothing, as France and the UK take the leadership on this crisis."

We should assist the rebels.

On March 18 sanrene posted, "If they would have implemented the no-fly zone as soon as Ghadaffi started slaughtering civilians and rebels around the country (3+ weeks ago), it might have given the rebels a chance to defeat this guy, might have convinced the military to turn on him, but now, after the rebel force has been decimated by Ghadaffi....what's the point?"

No we shouldn't assist the rebels nor should we have rushed to war.

On March 23rd sanrene posted, "I believe its pretty clear we have NO IDEA who the rebels are, who is supporting them. Another RUSH to war without knowing the answers to critical questions"; On March 25th sanrene posted,"Time to end this. Obama is now directly supporting, possibly even arming AQ rebels, the same AQ rebels that fought against our soldiers in Iraq."

Civilians are being slaughtered by Ghadaffi

On February 23rd sanrene asked, "Why is obama virtually Silent about the Murderous regime in Libya?" and "But...what about Egypt? Why could he do it there and not in Libya, where hundreds of protesters are being slaughtered?"

Civilians are not being slaughtered by Ghadaffi

On May 1st sanrene posted, "How does Assad get a slaughter-pass where Ghadaffi gets invaded while not actually targeting civilians?"

Old 12-08-2011, 02:11 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times
It is a matter before they blow up the pyramids and sphinx with Obama stimulus funds.....now...how many believe Obama would love to blow up the Jefferson, Washington and Lincoln memorials. Add Mt. Rushmore to the mix.

What is the difference between the Muslim Brother Hood, the Taliban, Iran's mullahs and Hussein Obama...not a damn thing.

Last edited by DraggingCanoe; 12-08-2011 at 02:23 AM..

Old 12-08-2011, 06:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech
Quote:
I trust my sources and distrust the mainstream media, they are not telling us the truth.
I imagine that if I discounted responsible news outlets and instead put more weight in agenda Youtube videos, I may believe as you. That doesn't mean that what you believe is truth. You believe the subjective view of those who produced those videos, which is largely the former Libyan government's narrative.

There is no doubt Libyan tanks were shelling cities and civilians and Libyan paid mercenaries were indiscriminately shooting at civilians. Yet, your sources are silent about these facts but instead blame NATO for all the destruction.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:06 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
MTA I'll give you credit for watching the video, I just wish I had found a better one for you, if you are not aware of these presentations. I have no control over what you choose to believe or not, but I do hope you will keep an open mind.
I used to trust Fox, but also would listen to CNN, BBC, and even MSNBC just to get what I thought were the different versions - now I believe they are all playing for the same team.
For the Arab Spring, Libya and Syria, Webster Tarpley is credible imo. In this audio, he visited Syria and tells us what he saw. I hope the link works. He has numerous videos and interviews available.

No Civil War in Syria, but a Killing Spree by CIA-NATO Death Squads Including the Al Qaeda Mass Murderer Belhadj of Libya

[Translate]
Webster G. Tarpley on the Kevin Barrett Show
The Kevin Barrett Show
November 28, 2011

[download audio]

http://www.infowars.com/riot-wrong-f...thens-clashes/
News bulletins around the world have been following Russia’s election rallies. But one channel stands out – America’s Fox News has been showing streets ablaze, violent clashes and firebombs thrown at security officers, but with one major problem – the images are not from Russia, they’re from Greece!

Last edited by claudhopper; 12-08-2011 at 10:22 AM..

Old 12-08-2011, 10:08 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
The Arab Spring (OBAMA)

Old 12-08-2011, 03:35 PM

136 posts, read 193,536 times
Quote:
Iran has never attacked another country
The nuclear plants are for nuclear energy
Where shall I begin?
How about with "Iran has never attacked another country"?
Iran has attacked many, many times. The Iranian proxy armies are financed, trained, militarily supplied, and directed by the mullahs. They are part of the Islamic Republic's military forces just as the Republican Guards are:
- The Islamic Republic created Hezbollah. Republican Guards are embedded within its ranks. Hezbollah is Iran. This Iranian proxy has attacked Israel many times, including starting a major war in 2006. It has showerd Israel's cities and towns with Iranian-supplied missiles.
The Iran-Hezbollah Alliance - The Israel Project

-Ditto for Hamas. It could not exist without Iran financing and weapons.
Hamas wages Iran’s proxy war on Israel - Times Online

-The Islamic Republic is responsible for thousands of American casualties in Iraq:
Cox & Forkum: Iran's Proxy War
Iran's Proxy War Against the United States and Iraq | Institute for the Study of War
http://noblesseoblige.org/wordpress/...ories-located/
Brigades in Iraq: IED on US Humvee, Canal Street BaghdadLiveLeak.com - Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq: IED on US Humvee, Canal Street Baghdad
U.S.: Iran helped in deadly Iraq strike - USATODAY.com
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...k_for_iraq.asp
- Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

Arrest warrants have been issued by Interpol for high Iranian government officials, including the Defense Minister, for committing terrorist attacks which killed hundreds of civilians.
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran 'minister' on Interpol list

And what was one of your many other misstatements? Oh yea, "The nuclear plants are for nuclear energy".
In its latest report on Iran, the IAEA says the research includes computer models that could only be used to develop a nuclear bomb trigger.
BBC News - UN nuclear agency IAEA: Iran 'studying nuclear weapons'
Is the UN International Atomic Energy Commission Agency also controlled by "the Zionists"? Strange, you're one of the few supporters of the Ayatollah regime who still clings the claim that they only want nukes to produce energy.

I've supported my reply to your baseless statements with many sources, sources that are well-known as being reliable, and there are many more.
A peace-loving, innocent Islamic Republic of Iran???

Quote:
And prey tell, what are your sources which elude the rest of us? Consiracy websites? Or some biased individual with a camera who creates a heavily edited video?

Old 12-08-2011, 05:20 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Explorer View Post
Iran has attacked many, many times. The Iranian proxy armies are financed, trained, militarily supplied, and directed by the mullahs.
Gee, if proxies are considered the same as a nation's own armed forces, the U.S. has a worse record than even I thought. Remember the contras?

Quote:
-The Islamic Republic is responsible for thousands of American casualties in Iraq:
Every one of which could've been avoided had the war criminals in Washington not placed thousands of Americans in Iraq.

Quote:
Arrest warrants have been issued by Interpol for high Iranian government officials, including the Defense Minister, for committing terrorist attacks which killed hundreds of civilians.
And George W. Bush won't land in Switzerland these days because he's afraid he'll be arrested. Henry Kissinger's had the same problem for the last 12 years or so.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:50 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The "arab spring" that obama hailed by pushing mubarak out of Egypt, which will now be ruled by radical islamists.

Much Lauded 'Arab Spring' Turns To Bitter Winter As Islamist Regimes Take Power - Investors.com

Turns out obama was absolutely WRONG....again.

Turns out WE were right...again.

barack hussein obama - the president who lost a moderate ME by giving it to the most radical segments of islam.
Now that you've hopefully had a chance to wipe the spittle off your p.c., what should Obama have done? It was a popular uprising. And unfortunately, the Muslim Brotherhood proved to be somewhat popular. It's similar to what we saw with Hamas coming to power in the 2005/2006 elections.

And in case we forget, it was none other than Bush who said that Iraq would lead to the domino effect of democracy in the Middle East. It was Bush and Cheney who theorized that people would envy Iraq for its American-led democracy and want one of their own. Well, they got it half right: they do want democracy...they just want America's fingers out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies