Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 11:52 AM

233 posts, read 753,421 times

Advertisements

With news today of shots fired on Virginia Tech campus I see a lot of discussion regarding guns on campus...IMO:

a person who is willing to murder or seriously harm another person probably does not care about laws and rules too much. In which case it is beneficial to allow law abiding citizens to have guns on campus in case of an event...such as today...

thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM

178 posts, read 268,094 times
i'm for it. who knows what crazies are out there

Old 12-08-2011, 11:56 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Criminals don't follow rules by nature, therefore people who support gun control are doing their best to make sure that criminals are the only ones on college campuses with guns since the law abiding students would be the only ones following gun control laws.

I legally carried a firearm during my 7 years in college, I never shot anyone on campus. I've legally concealed carry a firearm for many years now, never shot anyone.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:58 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I legally carried a firearm during my 7 years in college, . I've legally concealed carry a firearm for many years now, .
If this was supposed to make me feel safer or at ease, it didn't.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:01 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Why? Or rather, why would someone legally carrying a gun make you feel less safe, or uneasy?

Old 12-08-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I don't carry a gun to make you feel safer or put you at ease, I carry one for the protection of myself and my family. If you don't like guns don't carry one, I personally will continue to enjoy my 2nd amendment rights whether you like it or not.

Deal with it.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:04 PM

233 posts, read 753,421 times
Quote:
I would ask why too? I am not hosting an unbiased debate here I put my opinion out. If someone wants to harm someone...that is against the law...they are going to decide to break the law...wouldn't you feel more safe that someone who spent many hours in training and funds is potentially right next to you when the ish hits the fan?

BC the flipside is that you would rather the gun man have guns...and nobody else...

remember norway? what that whole camp of children had been trained in concealed carrying procedure? i highly doubt that fool would have made it so far...

Old 12-08-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Why? Or rather, why would someone legally carrying a gun make you feel less safe, or uneasy?
There are African tribes that still believe that evil spirits live inside inanimate objects like rocks and sticks and we dismiss them as crazy but for some reason we still give a certain level of respect to idiot liberals who believe that evil lives inside an inanimate object like a gun. I stopped respecting those idiots a long time ago.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:05 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
From the time I was 12; I carried my target .22 to school on the school bus. I shot for four years on my HS rifle team. I kept the rifle locked in a gun case while in transit - but I had the key. To the best of my knowledge; my HS never had one incident with the shooting team or any of our firearms.

It is all about responsibility. It was our responsibility, as young shooters, to keep our guns unloaded, safe and out of the reach of others. We did not want anything to jeopardize our privilege of being able to shoot on our rifle team.

Today, we tell our young that they cannot be trusted and therefore cannot take their pocket knives and guns to school. At the same time; we expect these untrustworthy adolescents to grow into to mature, capable leaders of our community.

I like the old way better. However; there were not the drug problems that we have today.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath View Post
With news today of shots fired on Virginia Tech campus I see a lot of discussion regarding guns on campus...IMO:

a person who is willing to murder or seriously harm another person probably does not care about laws and rules too much. In which case it is beneficial to allow law abiding citizens to have guns on campus in case of an event...such as today...

thoughts?
Had VA Tech happened, or not, I'm fine with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies