Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 05:26 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
So why the need to carry a gun everwhere?
I dont carry everywhere. I do a lot of work in mass and cant carry there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
At what point is it no longer a collection and does it become an arsenal? When does it cross the line and become a weapons stockpile.
Sorry, but because you feel this way does not make you correct, and this is why when honest law abidnig guns owners run into un-educated non0gun owners we get defensive.

Your arsenal, is my way of handing off hundreds and thousands of dollars to my son when I'm gone, did you ever think of that?

How many cars do you have? Do you say the same thing about auto collectors? There are MANY rare guns out there that rival the cost of vintage cars....

You cannot mix law abiding gun owners and thugs....and this is what happens to many times.

Interesting stats... Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Weapon Use by Offense Type

An offender was armed with a gun, knife, or other object used as a weapon in an estimated 22% of all incidents of violent crime.
Offenders used firearms to commit 8% of violent crime incidents in 2009.
Robberies (47%) were the most likely crime to involve an armed offender.
Firearms (28%) were the most common weapons used in robberies.
Most rapes and assaults did not involve the use of a weapon.
From 1993-1997, of serious nonfatal violent victimizations, 28% were committed with a firearm, 4% were committed with a firearm and resulted in injury, and less than 1% resulted in gunshot wounds.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Can you name a reasonable case in hunting or in self-defense where you need an automatic?

Before I answer this, please give me your defination of an automatic.

Let's see if you listen to the news, or actually know....

Old 12-09-2011, 05:45 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Before I answer this, please give me your defination of an automatic.

Let's see if you listen to the news, or actually know....
It's a gun that reloads itself.

Yes, let's allow drunken, drugged up college kids who are stressed about getting good grades, sleeping enough, having fun, relationships, graduating and getting a job to have guns on campus. I do not see a problem with this.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
It's a gun that reloads itself.

Yes, let's allow drunken, drugged up college kids who are stressed about getting good grades, sleeping enough, having fun, relationships, graduating and getting a job to have guns on campus. I do not see a problem with this.
You are almost right...care to try again....

Nope, you are correct, but let's have a place where no guns are allowed, so people can go on campus (where the person NO GUNS ARE ALLOWED) yea, and kill people....cause they know they won't have to worry about being fired back at....at least not for a while anyway... that makes just as much sence as what you have written, cause everyone knows all college students are what you just said....

Old 12-09-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
You are almost right...care to try again....

Nope, you are correct, but let's have a place where no guns are allowed, so people can go on campus (where the person NO GUNS ARE ALLOWED) yea, and kill people....cause they know they won't have to worry about being fired back at....at least not for a while anyway... that makes just as much sence as what you have written, cause everyone knows all college students are what you just said....
It makes plenty of sense. You know who has guns on campus? The police, who are policing the campus.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
It makes plenty of sense. You know who has guns on campus? The police, who are policing the campus.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, are you sure those campus cops carry?

Would you care to try again?

Quote:
Columbus State Community College (OH) President Val Moeller doesn’t want guns on her campus. Understandable -- when it comes to the institution’s civilian faculty and nearly 23,000 students -- but extremely controversial when you realize that Moeller’s resolve to maintain a firearms-free environment extends to the sworn officers who make up the college’s police force.
Should campus cops carry guns? One college president says no.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, are you sure those campus cops carry?

Would you care to try again?

Should campus cops carry guns? One college president says no.
One community college = everyone. Thanks for the information.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:

And this equals all college students.....

Old 12-09-2011, 06:18 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I live in Las Vegas. Trust me - wearing shorts and a T-shirt and carrying a concealed weapon isn't a problem.

Your statement did indicate how little you actually know about the practice, though. I can't help but wonder how uneducated you are about everything else related to guns, as well.
No knowledge=fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies