Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:34 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times

Advertisements

I got the sense when this maid came out with the rape claim against Strauss-Kahn...........well, I suspected she was lying. And I also got a feeling that the justice system in New York would love nothing more than to pile on this horrific rich guy like a ton of bricks (see the insanely restrictive house-arrest parameters).

Well, the case has pretty much fallen apart, the maid has been caught in a bunch of lies.

The next court meeting will be July 19th. I predict this case will be dismissed before that date......at the MOST it will be dismissed on july 19th.

Will this woman face any punishment for her actions??????? I really doubt it, what about you guys??????

Strauss-Kahn's House Arrest Ends - WSJ.com

Prosecutors said in a court filing that the maid had lied about her whereabouts immediately after the alleged attack, about the circumstances under which she sought asylum in the U.S., and on her tax filings in recent years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
We have to wait and see really. It does seem the victims credibilty maybe pretty low at first reports.If true about the money in here acconts put there by the guy in prison ;she may wish it would all go away not to even count the problems she now has with immagratio status from questions she naswered.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:46 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
False allegations sadly only hurt those who have legitimately been assaulted and the falsely accused.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:46 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
I say, as I said before: do not make judgements based on news reports.

Hence, when this gentleman was arrested, I said "don't hasten to judgement".

Today some 'news' is coming out about the maid's credibility: again, do not rush to judgement.

In short, do not rush.

"News" is like the tide: it rushes in, and then retreats. In this day of '24/7' news, people are tempted to make quick judgements, based on the latest 'news'.

Justice is not a tennis match.

Rather like that Lacrosse team: how the 'news' spun the 'facts' to make them guilty, until evidence came out that they were not, in fact, guilty.

People must learn patience. We, the readers on this board, have no first hand information. It is all hearsay.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Today some 'news' is coming out about the maid's credibility: again, do not rush to judgement.

In short, do not rush.

"News" is like the tide: it rushes in, and then retreats. In this day of '24/7' news, people are tempted to make quick judgements, based on the latest 'news'.

Rather like that Lacrosse team: how the 'news' spun the 'facts' to make them guilty, until evidence came out that they were not, in fact, guilty.

People must learn patience. We, the readers on this board, have no first hand information. It is all hearsay.
Well it must have some substance because the judge let him go free with no bail. He's no longer under house arrest.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

In short, do not rush.

Well you know the media in this country have a habit of holding a "trial" on their news shows and essentially, the suspects are tried in the media.

Plus when it comes to rape or sexual assault, the people and government automatically assume guilty until innocent.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:37 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I got the sense when this maid came out with the rape claim against Strauss-Kahn...........well, I suspected she was lying. And I also got a feeling that the justice system in New York would love nothing more than to pile on this horrific rich guy like a ton of bricks (see the insanely restrictive house-arrest parameters).

Well, the case has pretty much fallen apart, the maid has been caught in a bunch of lies.

The next court meeting will be July 19th. I predict this case will be dismissed before that date......at the MOST it will be dismissed on july 19th.

Will this woman face any punishment for her actions??????? I really doubt it, what about you guys??????

Strauss-Kahn's House Arrest Ends - WSJ.com

Prosecutors said in a court filing that the maid had lied about her whereabouts immediately after the alleged attack, about the circumstances under which she sought asylum in the U.S., and on her tax filings in recent years.
How were you able to suspect she was lying?

Old 07-01-2011, 08:00 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
False allegations sadly only hurt those who have legitimately been assaulted and the falsely accused.
It's pretty clear from the physical evidence that something un-toward happened to the victim in that room (Strauss-Kahn's semem on her clothes, her physical injuries, his hasty departure). Consensual sex? Doubtful. Sex for hire, followed by a scuffle over money? Maybe.

Whatever, based on what they had to go on that day, the cops definitely had probable cause to make the arrest.

But as sometimes happens, the investigation is turning up credibility issues with the victim. Even if the falsehoods do not relate directly to the case, they still will cause her problems on the witness stand later.

Just because the victim has credibility issues, that doesn't mean her allegations are false- just that they may be impossible to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" to a jury. If the DA knows he doesn't have a reasonable chance of getting a conviction, he has to dismiss the case.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
We have to wait and see really. It does seem the victims credibilty maybe pretty low at first reports.If true about the money in here acconts put there by the guy in prison ;she may wish it would all go away not to even count the problems she now has with immagratio status from questions she naswered.
She has been caught in quite a few LIES. But the possibility of the legal system going after her..............very low.................she is a woman and a minority to boot.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:35 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
She has been caught in quite a few LIES. But the possibility of the legal system going after her..............very low.................she is a woman and a minority to boot.
But YOU suspected she was lying before this information came out.

How did YOU see it but nobody else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies