Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 01:38 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
How embarrassing for the president!
This is a man that bows to the Saudi King. How can he be embarrassed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 01:39 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama's willingness to compromise on this is one reason why Obama is likely getting my vote. Compromise is a virtue not a failure in my book. I am sick and tired of politicians taking sides and not working together for the good of the country. Republicans can have good ideas as well as bad ones. The incandescent ban was just dumb - smart people went to CFLs long ago anyway - and the pipeline has been studied for three years. Nebraska is fighting it over aquifer pollution fears that are not substantiated to date. Republicans had to give up a bunch of tea party/social nonsense in the deal. I love pragmatism when I see it and will reward it with my support. Go O!
Right on!!! You and I are radical centrists.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:43 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Nebraska is fighting it over aquifer pollution fears that are not substantiated to date.
I make no bones about it.. I am for the pipeline. And I don't blame NE for wanting it moved either. Granted not substantiated, but understandable none the less. Trans-Canada has said it will reroute to curb their fears... so what are we still fighting about this for? Obama should vote FOR the line, with the condition that it is moved away from the Aquifir. See how easy it is? Next problem.... (not that it will start any faster now, because the re-routing is going to take some time)

Old 12-17-2011, 01:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
As does the far left... it's us folks in the middle that are screwed no matter which way we may lean....
I am hardly a member of the "far left".

Old 12-17-2011, 02:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Wins on pipeline? Really?

In two months, what leverage will the Republican have to force his hand on the pipeline?
Are you paying attention? Americans who need jobs will kill him in the polls and the election. Plus, The payroll tax holiday will stop if he stops the pipeline.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:41 PM

Gurbie:

The Red State of Nebraska is going to hold up that pipeline, not Obama.
Keystone already satisfied Nebraska's opposition by relocating the pipeline

LOL at the "ban" on incandescent light bulbs... Cutting of funds for enforcement of new light bulb efficiency standards will have little effect - The Washington Post Nice to see our elected Red State polls are still good at wasting everyone's time with frivolous crap!
The frivoluous crap was the democrats outlawing Edisons light bulb in the first place.

Good to see the GOP is still fighting the 99% on behalf of the 1% by protecting the investing class' on-going raid on the middle class. Keep it up, morons! Do you really think 99% want to ban light bulbs. You must be delusional!

Hmmmm, 11 years into the Bush Tax cuts, the Job Creators should start trickling down jobs any day now don't ya think?
Obama extended the tax cuts last year to stimulate the economy

Poll after poll shows the public STILL rightly blames Bush and the GOP for the current mess. Meanwhile, the GOP "presidential" field plays like a comedy act. Will Obama be the first president to run for re-election unopposed?
No, but he will be the first president to run with approval numbers this low
The blow-back against the Red Tide of 2010 has already begun. It's a GOOD time to be a Dem

Old 12-17-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Sure, the skilled union guys will move on but the ancillary employment will dry up leaving people who put down roots to be unemployed. We saw the same thing in the Gulf and will probably see it in Wyoming too one day.
So don't employ them because some day the job will end!

Old 12-17-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
LOL! The dems want a $1,500 tax break for the middle class. The GOP/tea party on the other hand wants a $1,000 tax hike on the middle class so they can continue to fund the tax cuts for the rich.
At this point the GOP/tea party are again trying to hold the nation and middle class hostage to force through another one of their big oil master's pork projects.
So funny. Suddenly the democrats are the party of tax cuts? hahaha.It has nothing to do with the election coming up.

Oh man this is great That right winger known as Bush signed that legislation in the first place and was kicked down the road with bipartisan support.
You can keep the rosy red GOP glasses on, but the middle class is fired up more than ever over the tea party attacks on them. The right wing goons are looking at a stomping at the polls in 2012
The democrat congress and senate passed the legislation in 2007. They had a veto proof majority. Nice try though.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:54 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I am hardly a member of the "far left".
Good one!

Old 12-17-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's not about punishing success, it's about reducing the deficit. It's simple math.
The millionaire tax increase can never solve the debt problem we have. Only massive spending cuts can do that. And getting the economy going with tax reform and less regulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies