Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Chick-fil-A needs more and more ***** protesters and thug Chicago mayors protesting their spirit of freedom and God's word. Right on, Chick-fil-A, may you expand to the Northwest, where I too can be your loyal customer! Since Windy's supported you with their 'Eat at Chick-fil-A Today' signs, they too win freedom and God lover's gratatude!

Chik-fil-A-Quake: What the Media Didn't Say - Shawn Mitchell - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

Oh Ra, I hope not. The last thing the PNW needs is another location to get fatter. We need more local markets in the NW, not fatty making machines. Odd, that most people I know that are in support of Chick-flop-A are obese or have health issues due to their poor diet and most people opposed are healthy and on a balanced diet.

I wonder if the food people consume has any relation to how stupid or smart they are?

Oh, look here... I guess it is. Food for thought – diet does boost your intelligence - Telegraph

Poor diet in childhood may affect intelligence - Health News - NHS Choices

Old 08-06-2012, 04:26 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Do you have any idea what the word "opinion" means? Everyone's opinion is valid. Who is to say the person you agree with's opinion is right, but the person you disagree with's is not? Oh yeah, a Liberal.....

No. All opinions are not equally valid, except on matters of personal taste. Situations like: which is better, Coke or Pepsi? There is no right answer, because the stakes are so low, and it's a matter of taste.

Opinions, however, can be IGNORANT opinions: If you pass judgment on whether Coke is better than Pepsi, without ever trying Pepsi, then your opinion is not as valid as someone's who has had both.

There are also what we call EXPERT opinions and LAY opinions. Might do you some good to read up on both.

Similarly, if you base your opinion on a particular subject based on the Bible*, your personal feelings, etc., and ignore science, sociology and science.... well then sweetie, hate to break this to you, but the rest of the educated world is NOT going to give valid weight to your opinion as someone whose opinions or ideas are couched otherwise.

Long story short: Some people are best left to debating which soda is better than other soda.

* Not including such compelling debates as "my god is better than your god," or "which of Solomon's 700 traditional wives or 300 concubines was better looking.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:55 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Oh Ra, I hope not. The last thing the PNW needs is another location to get fatter. We need more local markets in the NW, not fatty making machines. Odd, that most people I know that are in support of Chick-flop-A are obese or have health issues due to their poor diet and most people opposed are healthy and on a balanced diet.

I wonder if the food people consume has any relation to how stupid or smart they are?

Oh, look here... I guess it is. Food for thought – diet does boost your intelligence - Telegraph

Thanks for your post, as if this debate needed more pomposity. Christ.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:06 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Thanks for your post, as if this debate needed more pomposity. Christ.
Yeah, because the evidence suggests that a poor diet can lead to a lower intelligence, that makes my post pompous. Or was it me calling Chick-flop-A a fatty making machine? Sorry to say that science and all the facts are on my side.

Maybe if we boycotted a produce department at some grocery store, they would eat more healthy foods.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:21 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons
Nope.

The goal is, and always was, for those of us who do not support CFA's actions to not eat at CFA.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Then find a new word because that does not fit the definition of "boycott".
Yes it does fit the definition of boycott:
boy·cott verb /ˈboiˌkät/ 

to not take part in an event, or to not buy or use something as a protest
boycott - definition of boycott by Macmillan Dictionary

Old 08-06-2012, 06:19 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Good sarcasm. You did good.

Christians haven't "chosen one group of sinners to target". They actively address all sinners, wherever they find them.

However, where you all are wrong is that you think that their actions are the result of hate. No, there's no hate, except for the sin(s). Ever hear, "Hate the sin, but love the sinner?"
I'd rep ya, sb, but I do every time I read one your accurate, wise posts...so I can't, for awhile.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:04 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Christians haven't "chosen one group of sinners to target". They actively address all sinners, wherever they find them.

However, where you all are wrong is that you think that their actions are the result of hate. No, there's no hate, except for the sin(s). Ever hear, "Hate the sin, but love the sinner?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I'd rep ya, sb, but I do every time I read one your accurate, wise posts...so I can't, for awhile.
Aaaaand what have you got to say about the response in post #4932?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post

From 37 Healthiest Fast Food Restaurants:

Chick-Fil-A is a rare breed in the fast food world, only two of their entrees break 500 calories. Stick with the chicken items but stay away from too many dressings and sauces. Avoid the large coleslaw, which will add an extra 600 calories to your meal! Chick-Fil-A tops many "healthiest restaurant" lists.
PrevNext

It looks like the facts ain't on your side.

Last edited by whogo; 08-06-2012 at 07:29 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Hehe.. Tweeted here:

NASA Lands Curiosity Rover on Mars, We Get Ready To Vacation | The Mary Sue

Quote:
"Dear Religion, While you were debating what chicken sandwiches were okay to eat, I just landed on Mars. Sincerely, Your Pal Science"

Old 08-06-2012, 07:49 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
(to raison_d'etre) Chick-Fil-A is a rare breed in the fast food world, only two of their entrees break 500 calories. Stick with the chicken items but stay away from too many dressings and sauces. Avoid the large coleslaw, which will add an extra 600 calories to your meal! Chick-Fil-A tops many "healthiest restaurant" lists.
PrevNext

It looks like the facts ain't on your side.
Yeah, but if you eat there every time you feel like promoting discrimination against gays for no good reason, you'll be roughly the size of a blimp by November
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies