Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:47 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,419 times

Advertisements

I've seen alot of Christmas trees that don't have religious ornaments or santa clauses, does that mean it isn't a Christmas tree? I think not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 06:22 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
At least one of the trees is not a celebration of Chairman Mao the way it was on the Obama's 1st Christmas in the White House. Or, perhaps it is just recognizing that Obama is nearing his hero.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:45 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Pays Homage to Obama

"paying homage to President Barack Obama, but includes no ornament readily visible to a person standing near the tree's base that uses the word “Christmas,” or includes an image of the Nativity, or bears the name or image of Jesus Christ."

What's the Christmas tree for then?
Did you read your own link?

It clearly says all the ornaments are hand-made by people from the state that donated the tree.

Neither the white house nor congress 'approves' the ornaments.

If no one in Cali made religious ornaments, then none will be on the tree.

Sheesh..talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...

Old 12-20-2011, 06:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Pays Homage to Obama

"paying homage to President Barack Obama, but includes no ornament readily visible to a person standing near the tree's base that uses the word “Christmas,” or includes an image of the Nativity, or bears the name or image of Jesus Christ."

What's the Christmas tree for then?
Feel Better Now?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:19 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
I've never seen any Christmas tree, in public, at a Christian's home, or in the home of my childhood (with Christian family) that had Jesus anywhere on the tree, except for a few times a small hanging manger ornament. Nor have I seen any with the word "Christmas" on them. I've never seen trees with crosses or crucifixes, which are standard Christian symbols. There are often stars or angels on the top of the tree, which are symbols of the nativity. The Capitol Christmas tree has a star on its top.

Christians aren't being excluded from Christmas. It's only when other people who don't share their views are included in the social environment, that Christians start complaining about being left out. What these types really want is not their own inclusion (since they already are included), but others' exclusion.

Last edited by robbobobbo; 12-20-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 12-20-2011, 07:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Who has an ornament on their tree that says I love jadex for example?

-there is an ornament that says: “I ♥ President Obama.”

The tree isnt suppose to be about loving Obama.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Who has an ornament on their tree that says I love jadex for example?

-there is an ornament that says: “I ♥ President Obama.”

The tree isnt suppose to be about loving Obama.
Again, the ornaments were made by others, not picked out by the President or the DNC.

I do think that political messages on the Christmas tree are ill-advised, so why don't you write your representatives in Congress about it? Then again, I remember a day when preachers in church used to exhort the congregation to pray for our leaders and president - whether the leaders were Democrat, Republican, or other didn't matter. Expressing "I love our president" was seen as patriotic, not something to be scorned.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:40 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
I didn't think anyone could outdo Fox for reporting the ridiculous and slanting it in a way that is self serving... Guess there is.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Read there were several ornaments that praised himself.. The village idiot is a narcissit. Unbelievable

He most certainly is. The man thinks that he walks on water.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Apparently, yes... it's supposed to have a BIG sign reading "This is for Christmas, in case you didn't figure that out, and Christmas celebrates Jesus Christ." You don't have that label on your Christmas tree? Heathen!! LMAO

Seriously people?? This is getting beyond ridiculous.
Seeing where you live, you probably think it's about naked Santas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies