Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 02:48 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times

Advertisements

Even though they are transgendered that does not alter their sexual interests. If a man was a man and now is a woman he still is sexually aroused by women. I don't think it is appropriate for a transgendered "woman" to be in a bathroom where ladies can be adjusting their pantyhose or bras in front of the sink. It is too easy to peek into those spaces between the doors and partitions. I wouldn't like it if a homosexual woman were doing it, and I damn sure wouldn't like it if a transgendered person were doing it (especially if "she" still had her original "man-parts") if you get my meaning.

I will grant you that this is a dilemma, but nobody forced them to do this. It shouldn't be up to the rest of the universe to accommodate their needs. Most places have family bathrooms that are just one toilet behind a door and can be used by either men or women or "whatevers".

20yrsinBranson

Last edited by 20yrsinBranson; 12-20-2011 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: remove excessive quotation marks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 02:51 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Transsexuals that pass will use the bathroom of the sex they 'feel' they are. If a ts that looks like a woman used the mens room (and vice versa) it would raise some eyebrows.
I know a few men that it would raise more than their eyebrows.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-20-2011, 02:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
If you have a dick, use the men's room. I don't see it as being any more complicated than that.

Thank you. Believe me when I say that women don't want to be seeing adult males in the restroom. We have to take children in with us into the women's room to keep them safe instead of sending the young boys into the men's room alone.

Just because a person is confused about which gender they are, or think they are something other than how they were physically born, don't make it everyone else's problem too.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:08 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Boy parts = boys room, girl parts = girls room.

Cut/Dry/end of story.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:14 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
What about intersexed/hermaphrodites?

Old 12-20-2011, 03:27 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times
No.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:30 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
No. This sounds like the perfect reason to create a new RSA or Restroom Safety Administration. The RSA can place full body scanners and Genital Inspectors outside of restrooms, to ensure that very basic gender requirements are met before a person can use a bathroom.

If a person's gender is questionable, the person can be strip searched, and/or forced to use a nearby unisex restroom.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:32 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
What about intersexed/hermaphrodites?
Pick the more prevalent sex and stick with it wholeheartedly; i.e., dress it, act it, be it; when of age, get the surgery and never look back. In reality, this group is miniscule and aren't the ones that are causing the commotion. But you know that.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:34 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
I was just wondering what people think about transgenders being able to use the public bathroom of their choice. So if a woman decides to be a boy, should she get to use the boy's bathroom, or the other way around?
For ford's sake, they're just going to do their business, like anyone else.
I've been known to frequent men's bathrooms when the line to the women's is ridiculously long.

What's the big deal?
Fear?
Afraid of cooties or something?

Old 12-20-2011, 03:35 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
No. This sounds like the perfect reason to create a new RSA or Restroom Safety Administration. The RSA can place full body scanners and Genital Inspectors outside of restrooms, to ensure that very basic gender requirements are met before a person can use a bathroom.

If a person's gender is questionable, the person can be strip searched, and/or forced to use a nearby unisex restroom.
It's called the TSA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies