Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 07:04 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Thomas Jefferson wrote to his nephew to read Shakespeare to know English in its purest form.

The works of Shakespeare is listed being used by the Founders when the Constitution was drafted.

Ben Franklin uses the word natural when he writes America was founded for the Anglo Saxon race.
That is CORRECT. The White man came here to extend his Europe to North America. A land where only whites existed. Most Europeans had NEVER since a black man, and definitely no Native Indians. There lies the problem. THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE. Their dreams of this new found land for white Europeans really all went to hell when they started to import slaves! Yes, the concept was good on paper...but since their first encounter with Indians...could and would never be a reality!

Last edited by NYer75; 12-23-2011 at 07:55 PM..

Old 12-23-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small.

All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so.

And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also,

the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.

I could wish their Numbers were increased.

And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red?

But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind. Ben Franklin
You seem to love to quote white men who lived centuries ago and who happen to be slave owners. And who saw their world from a different lens than we humans who run this planet as of RIGHT NOW.

Too bad you don't have a time machine. I have a feeling you would be in eternal bliss given the chance to zap back to 18th century.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
These Anglo-Saxons, our Ancestors, came at their own Expence, and therefore supposed that when they had secured the new Country, they held it of themselves, and of no other People under Heaven.

Ben Franklin 1773
Yup, definition of thieves.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:20 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
By the Laws of Nature people who do not cultivate the soil have no right to it. This is an obligation imposed on mankind by nature.

The whole earth is destined to feed its inhabitants. The Indians were hunters. They had no right to the land.

The Colonists were lawfully entitled to take possession of the land.
Hate to burst your bubble, but the Native Americans started agricultural traditions well over 1,500 years ago. The origins were planting seeds at a hunting camp that they knew would be revisited the next year. Sometime around the 15th century was the time slot when tribes settled in one spot and developed ceramic traditions. Fired clay pots would not have travelled well, and they were used for storage. Hunting was still practiced and fruits and berries were mixed withdeer tallow and stuffed into the intestines of deer to make pemmican for the winter. The Indians cultivated several grains, peaches, and pawpaws.

Still can't figure out how the European thugs were in any way "lawfully entitled" to do anything in a land where there were no laws except "take care of the place you live".

I would be as entitled to toss you out of your house and move into it as the colonists were to take possession of the Indians' land.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
My point was actually regarding their economy and how it went down the toilet when Rhodesia became Zimbabwe and Black African rule was instituted under "Comrade Bob" Robert Mugabe. Rhodesia was the breadbasket of Africa, it had the highest quality of life an average income on the entire continent.

Name ONE African nation that is 1st world ... there is none. There used to be 2: South Africa until 1994 and Rhodesia until 1980.
South Africa first world? That's a laugh. My guess is that most South Africans, blacks, have always been at least somewhat poor. How a country where the native majority are oppressed by the governing institution be bestowed with the title of a first world nation is beyond me. It's a pity apartheid was replaced by something not much better.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:25 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small.

All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so.

And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also,

the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.

I could wish their Numbers were increased.

And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red?

But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind. Ben Franklin
You should google "human genome project". According to DNA, every human alive today is descended from the original humans in Africa. You are a "Son of Africa" yourself.

BTW - North Africa and Europe are absolutely full of light-skinned people, as is Scandinavia. You should get out more.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:30 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
White people consider themselves much too important. They are not some rare exotic species on the verge of extinction or the center of the universe.
The character and personality of a country is not bound to genes. If typical white culture is considered good enough by non-white people they will continue it to a certain extent. If not, its importance will decrease. Aren't conservative people always defending social Darwinism in other threads? Why not here?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,732 times
Quote:
The natural born citizens are the descendants of the naturals. The naturals are the race who created this country. The naturals are not the citizens created by the 14th Amendment and Wong Kim Ark.

Complain to the Founders who placed natural in natural born citizen not me.
I just want to understand your argument. I am of white European descent. However, both my parents came here AFTER WWII. So can I be a natural born citizen, since my family are not descended from the naturals who created this country?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:41 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I just want to understand your argument. I am of white European descent. However, both my parents came here AFTER WWII. So can I be a natural born citizen, since my family are not descended from the naturals who created this country?
I thought natural born means being born in the US or to American citizens anywhere - rather than being naturalized

Old 12-23-2011, 07:46 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,170,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
White people consider themselves much too important. They are not some rare exotic species on the verge of extinction or the center of the universe.
The third world peoples consider White people very important, which is why they want to come to white countries, attend white schools and live next to white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies