Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 03:34 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,238,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The Indians survived by hunting, fishing and gathering plants. They never cultivated the land.

This was ok when civilization first began..but the Earth multiplied with inhabitants... they needed to be fed. This can only be done by the cultivating the soil.

Indians are not laborers..they are hunters and gathers.

People have no right to complain when the Colonists came here to build a nation that feeds the world.

They built a great Empire...today it is being dismantled.
OH LORD! Look, this is what really happened. I am gonna make it as brief as possible, since you clearly didn't listen in History class.

The White folks got sick of paying taxes and being poor, and from lack of religious freedoms back home, among other things. The King needed money to fund his wars, and extra curricular activities. He sent some guinea pigs to America to "explore" and "settle" the "New World". He clearly thought (like all whites did in his time) he had a right to these lands, of course. In addition to that, European White folks basically destroyed most of their forests and farmlands, because THEY (not the rest of the world)over populated their lands and use up most of their "natural" resources. They NEEDED SPACE and new RESOURCES. And the ever growing bankrupt countries like England, Spain, France and Portugal, needed new sources of WEALTH to keep their Kingdoms healthy and alive.

No Indian was starving because of the issues whites had in their homelands. No Chinese person needed any bread from America. Indians were still growing their spices and doing their thing over in India.

So stop with the cultivating argument already.

Cause we all knew the Colonist first goal was to feed the world. Laughable.

Last edited by NYer75; 12-23-2011 at 03:51 PM..

Old 12-23-2011, 03:43 PM

8,288 posts, read 13,600,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
By minority I don't mean simply less than 50%, I'm talking more like 20%. This may not happen for say 200 years, but would you be mortified if ever this were to happen? I mean let's say culturally all those Mexicans or Asians or whatever were still as American as apple pie, they just didn't have the stereotypical blonde hair blue eyes. American culture has always changed, really. If you woke up in say, Minneapolis in the year 2150 to find there were as many people of Hmong ancestry as there were Swedish ancestry what would you think?

I don't want to brand anyone as racist or anything, just honest opinions.

I guess for many it's already a reality lol.
Obviously you care. So did Hitler! Blonde hair & blue eyes are quite over rated.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:48 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,238,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
What is even more amazing is this self-righteous, breast-beating, didactic, interpretation of history in your post. If you want to see denial, stare into the mirror.

The only thing you have a good point about is that, yes, the breaking of treaties with the Native-Americans was nothing to be proud of. So yeah, in that sense, there was land "stolen" on some level. I can definitely agree.

However, this larger, silly, guilt-wallowing, notion that, by whites coming over and making the freest and most prosperous nation to ever exist out of a total wilderness involved "stealing from the rightful owners" (another poster used that phrase) is ludicrous.

For one thing, no one "owns" land by any Divine and/or God-given right. In this country today -- thanks to those evil whites -- there is a legal system which recognizes and protects private property rights (or mostly does), but that is all it is.

For another, the Native-Americans (and I have some Indian blood in me...not much, but some, and I am proud of it) themselves had no concept of land-ownership as we think of it today. The routinely raided and "stole" land from one another for food and resources, as well as killed and committed atrocities on rival tribes that -- in detail -- would turn an iron stomach. The American Indians were hardly a bunch of peace-loving, live-and let-live-people.

Finally, every bunch of people (however grouped) live where they do because their ancestors "stole" it from some earlier bunch, who stole it from an even earlier one, who did the same...and usually many regressions before that.

I always wondered why those who bemoan the injustice done the Native Americans (and I agree the breaking of treaties fits the bill) of their forefathers "stealing land" do not actually do something about it...beyond honking and blowing and trying to make everyone else feel guilty and presenting themselves as morally superior individuals...?

That is to say, if one feels bad enough about it? Then fer gosh sakes, make amends by giving all your own personal property/possessions to some Indian family on a reservation, and "you" trade places with them?

Of course the answer is obvious: For the perpetually guilt-ridden, it is much easier to pontificate and express it in a way which involves no personal hardship nor finanical inconvenience!

So far as the slavery history goes? Well, only a stone-idiot would defend slavery today (or Jim Crow laws as they were written). But who do you think sold the Africans into slavery to begin with? It was other Africans. If they had not been "imported" to the New World, then they would have been slaves in Africa. And living under far, far, worse, conditions. It still exists today in certain part of Africa. And there were black slave-owners in the Americas.

Sure I wish slavery had never existed at all in the United States. Unfortunately though, it did (as well as every where else in the world and since the dawn of time), and further? Although it is not politically correct to say it, the blunt fact is that if not for the existence of slavery in the country, then blacks would have never gotten here to begin with and enjoy a higher standard of living and freedoms not possible at all in the land of their ancestors.

Ok. That is my speel. I am sure there will come the predictable throwing of "racist" and "Stormfront" crap. But really? Who cares? I am neither in the least...and could care less if a few think otherwise!
Where do I begin. You justify us being "freest and most prosperous nation" TODAY, 12/23/2011, JUSTIFICATION for the actions of those people? Really? Because you and I know, that was their goal back in the 1600s, wasn't it? It wasn't more mere survival? It wasn't because they wanted to a new start from away from the King? It wasn't because they wanted us to be the bread basket of the world like DraggingCanoe seems to imply? I'll leave there, because I can write PAGES on this alone.

Your response if so typical of many whites before you. This sense of "I'm better than you. Smarter than you. You are more primitive than I, so I deserve EVERYTHING I ASK FOR, and you won't get in my way" is pathetic in the year 2011. Sorry, with all due respect. Get with the program.

This notion because there were greedy African traders in Africa, it also JUSTIFICATION for the actions of WHITE MEN in buying these natives, tearing them apart from families, killing them on their voyage over to America, then enslaving them and their subsequent generations is BEYOND CRAZY.

"trying to make everyone else feel guilty and presenting themselves as morally superior individuals...?" If you don't see the immorality in the founding of this great nation, then that is a serious issue you have to deal with. I know it hurts many White people today, but the truth is and always will be, Whites committed some of the most horrific crimes against humanity during the founding of this country straight through the 20th century. However, that doesn't give you license to try to put a "spin" on history. Like they say..."it is what it is".

And then you end with you feeling that whites slave traders and owners are responsible for the current generation of blacks enjoying the greatest nation on earth. Look, that speaks for itself.
As just to clarify you last point...if their African ancestors were never sent here...this WOULD NOT BE THE COUNTRY IT IS TODAY.

Last edited by NYer75; 12-23-2011 at 04:15 PM..

Old 12-23-2011, 03:50 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,833,808 times
The natives or natural born citizens are the descendants of the citizens created after the ratification of the Constitution.

If you're not a part of this posterity you are not a natural American.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:55 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,539,519 times
I could not care less which race procreates and becomes a majority in our country. I DO care if we have millions more of Illegal Aliens flood our nation and in this way, whites become a pitiful minority.

I care if liberals become a huge majority. Nothing less than the ruination of our country will come if Conservatives become that small of a minority.

Race? There are good souls of every race, color, creed....and bad, of course. Race should not even come to mind, except when a govt. has racial preferences then we have serious Racial issues to focus on, and with what is in our Justice dept. at this time, bingo.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:28 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,657,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Where do I begin. You justify us being "freest and most prosperous nation TODAY, 12/23/2011, JUSTIFICATION for the actions of those people? Really? Because you and I know, that was their goal back in the 1600s, wasn't it. It wasn't more mere survival? It wasn't because they wanted to a new start from away from the King? I'll leave there, because I can write PAGES on this alone.

Your response if so typical of many whites before you. This sense of "I'm better than you. Smarter than you. You are more primitive than I, so I deserve EVERYTHING I ASK FOR, and you won't get in my way" is pathetic in the year 2011. Sorry, with all due respect. Get with the program.

This notion because there were greedy African traders in Africa, it also JUSTIFICATION for the actions of WHITE MEN in buying these natives, tearing them apart from families, killing them on their voyage over to America, then enslaving them and their subsequent generations is BEYOND CRAZY.

"trying to make everyone else feel guilty and presenting themselves as morally superior individuals...?" If you don't see the immorality in the founding of this great nation, then that is a serious issue you have to deal with.

And then you end with you feeling that whites slave traders and owners are responsible for the current generation of blacks enjoying the greatest nation on earth. Look, that speaks for itself.
As just to clarify you last point...if their African ancestors were never sent here...this WOULD NOT BE THE COUNTRY IT IS TODAY.

LMAO You don't seem like a bad sort or anything all in all, but your ranting and raving reply is/was predictable as that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. My guess -- with all due respect -- is that you are either:

a). A young person who has never read anything beyond the politically correct view of history and is not prepared to deal with anything otherwise;
b). A white liberal who cannot tolerate the existence of any interpretation of history that upsets their world vision. Perhaps Marxist leaning, even...;
c). A member of a minority group who -- as an individual -- just has a deep-seated grudge/latent hatred against white people;
d). Some combination of all the above.

*AHEM* Sorry, but your post provided nothing of substance in the way of rebuttal nor intelligent discourse. Rather, it amounts the the same hysteria usually thrown out when....welllllll....Shakespeare summed it up below with this one:

“That truth should be silent I had almost forgot. (Enobarbus)”
William Shakespeare, Antony and Cleopatra

Old 12-23-2011, 04:29 PM

674 posts, read 700,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The Indians survived by hunting, fishing and gathering plants. They never cultivated the land.

This was ok when civilization first began..but the Earth multiplied with inhabitants... they needed to be fed. This can only be done by the cultivating the soil.

Indians are not laborers..they are hunters and gathers.

People have no right to complain when the Colonists came here to build a nation that feeds the world.

They built a great Empire...today it is being dismantled.
Your ignorance is astounding. Indian food contributions make up 60% of the global food basket.

Indian Influence & Contributions: Food - Issues of Native Circle

I'm Ghanaian and I know this. Why don't you?

Old 12-23-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LMAO You don't seem like a bad sort or anything all in all, but your ranting and raving reply is/was predictable as that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. My guess -- with all due respect -- is that you are either:

a). A young person who has never read anything beyond the politically correct view of history and is not prepared to deal with anything otherwise;
b). A white liberal who cannot tolerate the existence of any interpretation of history that upsets their world vision. Perhaps Marxist leaning, even...;
c). A member of a minority group who -- as an individual -- just has a deep-seated grudge/latent hatred against white people;
d). Some combination of all the above.

*AHEM* Sorry, but your post provided nothing of substance in the way of rebuttal nor intelligent discourse. Rather, it amounts the the same hysteria usually thrown out when....welllllll....Shakespeare summed it up below with this one:

“That truth should be silent I had almost forgot. (Enobarbus)”
William Shakespeare, Antony and Cleopatra
Shakespeare gives a hint who are the natural born in Henry the V...

"Were all thy children kind and natural?" Professor Kellog tells us its meaning..

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/ScreenHunter_05Nov040931.gif (broken link)

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/ScreenHunter_04Nov040909.gif (broken link)

Old 12-23-2011, 04:45 PM

A natural born citizen is a tribe..a race. This is why the Founders used the word natural in natural born citizen. If you were not a part of the race that founded this country you're not a natural American.

Natural means race.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:51 PM

here it is..http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/chaucernatural.png (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies