Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,213,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
To put this in the simplest possible terms:

We either have to realize that we are never going to convert the Muslim world into good Christians and develop a way to share the world with them and their culture.

Or:

We will have to figure a way to commit genocide and just kill all of the Muslims.

Pays your money and takes your choice.
You know GregW, the irony is that the source of much of the worlds strife centers around the three monotheist religions who all make claim to being the higher moral order and preach peace, yet in practice the polar opposite seems true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
To put this in the simplest possible terms:

We either have to realize that we are never going to convert the Muslim world into good Christians and develop a way to share the world with them and their culture.

Or:

We will have to figure a way to commit genocide and just kill all of the Muslims.

Pays your money and takes your choice.
You're "working my side of the street" here, and attempting to "shock" us by distilling stuff down to its bare bones--that's what I do, but when I do it. it's called "trolling".
I agree with you--the above two choices are, indeed, what we're faced with. I find myself, in international politics, as in the immigration mess, not so mad at the muslims, or at the immigrants. I'm mad at US, and our inability to "come together", and to differentiate between racist, xenophobic nonsense, and a healthy dose of simple self-interest. I want to try and expand my mind and accomodate the "good" muslims; but I also want "us" to insist on a little more clear dialogue from them.
I want to hear, very clearly, just how the average muslim explains the suicidal radicals in his midst. Just what steps are being taken to "out" these people? Exactly how can one be a faithful and believing muslim, and still be a member of a liberal democratic society? Just how far are you (the muslims) willing to go against fellow muslims, in the interests of protecting "infidel" society?

I'm a Catholic--and our transition into democratic society wasn't always easy. Some, to this day question our "loyalties", though we never were accused of advocating violence on orders from above.
I'd ask the muslim population to step up to the plate, explain yourself, and reassure the rest of us. I'd LIKE to get along with everyone, and I think I'm a reasonable guy, and live in a reasonable society (sort of). If you're not happy with the way Islam is perceived, please speak up, clearly and in simple terms. Plenty of people would love to hear you.

Best wishes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies