Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 08:30 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,591,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course! She is my little (well really big) girl. Not exactly good for home defense, but there are plenty of others for that.
No, you do not have a Ma Deuce. You don't even have a machine-gun:

"I can post a picture of my .50BMG if you want to see it"

The first thumbnail is a .50BMG, a single shot sniper rifle. The second one is a fully automatic, belt-fed, M-2 (Ma Deuce), .50 cal. machine-gun.
Attached Thumbnails
Congress stops federal funds from being used to weaken the Second Amendment-50bmg.jpg   Congress stops federal funds from being used to weaken the Second Amendment-m2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 09:07 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,471,466 times
[quote=stillkit;22289272]
Quote:

Those are the only ones?

That's gun control. I assume you're all for it, right?

Umm...I said .50 cal. machine-gun. You do know the difference, don't you?

Really? You can freely own a fully-functional tank or mortar in NH, without any restrictions at all? I'd really like to see THAT law!

Yeah, that's right. The Court ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, but it also ruled (I think correctly) that right is not absolute and that government entities have the perfect Constitutional right to control your guns within it's jurisdiction however it wanted. Just as with the right of free speech, there are appropriate limits which government can dictated and enforce.

Quote:"That's gun control. I assume you're all for it, right?"

I am not thrilled about the $200 transfer tax, but relative to what the guns and ammo cost, it is utterly irrelevant. I can blow through $200 of ammo in less than 10 seconds.

Quote:"Umm...I said .50 cal. machine-gun. You do know the difference, don't you?"

Sure do. I personally own a Ma Deuce. I see you had used an M-60. I have one of those too. I like the M-60 because it is a lot cheaper to shoot. I also keep a .50BMG rifle for 1000 yard competitions.

Quote:"Really? You can freely own a fully-functional tank or mortar in NH, without any restrictions at all? I'd really like to see THAT law!"

Umm, there is no law that says you can't have one. By 'freely', that means that you have to go through the federal paperwork process, and have your local police chief sign off on it. My local chief said "I don't care what you buy" . A friend of mine owns a very large class-III shop up here... He has literally dozens of mortars, silencers, grenade launchers, everything for sale (legally). (The only down side for the mortars is that you have to pay the transfer tax for each live shell. Gets rather expensive. The practice rounds don't require that). Guys at my local range shoot them off every now and then.
In terms of 'restrictions', of course there are laws about discharging in certain places (like a neighborhood, geez). And tanks can't pass inspection for being on the street. I can give you web sites of quite a few of them for sale (legally, and NOT demilled).

In all of these cases, bring a big checkbook.

Quote:"Yeah, that's right. The Court ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, but it also ruled (I think correctly) that right is not absolute and that government entities have the perfect Constitutional right to control your guns within it's jurisdiction however it wanted. Just as with the right of free speech, there are appropriate limits which government can dictated and enforce."

I see, so the Bill of Rights (actually all of the Amendments) are just 'guidelines for suggested behaviors' So we might as well now consider Amendments 1, 2 and 4 as essentially dead. I guess 'free speech' is entirely acceptable, except when some arbitrary government entity decides what is not allowed to be 'free'. (And yes, I do agree about the 'yelling fire in a theater' issue).

There are more firearms in this country than there are people. Criminals will get guns whether they are legal or not. Law-abiding citizens should be allowed to possess firearms, with none of this silly 'classification'.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
No, you do not have a Ma Deuce. You don't even have a machine-gun:

"I can post a picture of my .50BMG if you want to see it"

The first thumbnail is a .50BMG, a single shot sniper rifle. The second one is a fully automatic, belt-fed, M-2 (Ma Deuce), .50 cal. machine-gun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:"No, you do not have a Ma Deuce. You don't even have a machine-gun."

Umm.... I most certainly do. 0.50BMG (Browning Machine Gun) is the ammo I use. Geez, and you were in the military.
I have the Barrett rifle in .50 (that ran about $8000)
My Ma Deuce (and YES it is a fully automatic, ran me about $30,000)
I also have an M-60 (7.62, obviously from Rock Island Armory), and an MP5K-PDW (9mm from H&K). All full auto.
I think I have been fingerprinted so many times to get this stuff, my fingers are permanently stained black.

Want to come and fire them? (I can send you thousands of metal links if you want them, but I am keeping the spent brass).

Last edited by SuperSparkle928; 12-27-2011 at 09:36 PM..

Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 AM

46,429 posts, read 27,298,899 times
Quote:
Huh?

I quote: "THe problemI have with people like you is that you jump straight into the the FULL AUTOMATIC machine guns, and mortors and tanks and all this other BS just to advance your agenda...period."

What is my agenda? .
To make gun laws more restricitve on law abiding citzens...is that straight forward enuogh for you?

Quote:
You weren't talking about the average citizen. You questioned whether I knew the difference. Me, personally:

"However, there is a difference between an automatic and a fully automatic, I hope you know and understand the difference."

Well...I do know the difference..
O.K. good, you do know the difference, but the rest of my paragraph, was directed at everyone else.

Quote:
The rest of your post was just rehashing what you said before.
And you still cannot answer them....

Old 12-28-2011, 08:43 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,266,401 times
Quote:

Umm.... I most certainly do. 0.50BMG (Browning Machine Gun) is the ammo I use. Geez, and you were in the military.
I also have an M-60 (7.62, obviously from Rock Island Armory), and an MP5K-PDW (9mm from H&K). All full auto.
I think I have been fingerprinted so many times to get this stuff, my fingers are permanently stained black.

Want to come and fire them? (I can send you thousands of metal links if you want them, but I am keeping the spent brass).
Enviable collection! Must be nice to have that kind of money for toys! I would love to have a mint 1921 Thompson, but I'll never hit the lottery.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Enviable collection! Must be nice to have that kind of money for toys! I would love to have a mint 1921 Thompson, but I'll never hit the lottery.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh... A Thompson. Superb choice in .45 They are soooo classic.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:

Well, it seems I stand corrected. I've never heard an M-2 called a .50BMG. I guess that's an afficianado term I'm not familiar with. In the Army, it was just a "fifty."

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass on shooting those things again. Once you've sighted down the barrel at a human being, it sorta loses it's fascination.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To make gun laws more restricitve on law abiding citzens...is that straight forward enuogh for you?
Yeah, straight forward enough. But, woefully wrong.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 PM

46,429 posts, read 27,298,899 times
Quote:
Yeah, straight forward enough. But, woefully wrong.
Then why are more and more restrictions implied for the law abiding citizen?

Why not enforce the current laws we have?

Some criminals when released, go straight....no doubt in my mind....it's the ones who don't care about laws, are the ones we need to worry about....

I can guarantee you don't have to worry about me and or my friends about breaking guns laws....

Are there people that currently have guns and are law abiding, will they kill someone, it has happened, I'm sure.....

Why not worry about this problem....
Eric Holder: More cops slain by illegal guns - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Who do you think were using these illegal guns?

Old 12-28-2011, 03:33 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,540,562 times
Hallelujah! thanks for bringing some good news for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies