Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 08:37 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
What would you present as evidence for this?
Cause they say things he doesn't agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 08:58 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Probably depends on what part of Texas. Texas is huge. I'm sure the rural parts of Texas are much more like found in that Tennessee video, while a place like Austin probably has a culture more like that of the Liberal Northeast/West.
It was the Waco/McLennan County part of Texas. They all loved Dirk Nowitzki and were very welcoming of us. Although they sometimes asked us some weird questions about Germany.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:05 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Lightbulb Why do Conservatives hate Europe?

I'm convinced that those conservatives who "hate Europe" do so because they've been told to. Limbaugh, O'Reilly and other fonts of RWNJ "wisdom" tell them to.

And RWNJs are very good followers. But certainly not all conservatives are RWNJs.

I also think that those conservatives who have actually been to Europe probably would like to go back, because they enjoyed their visit.

An interesting read

Old 12-30-2011, 09:06 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
It was the Waco/McLennan County part of Texas. They all loved Dirk Nowitzki and were very welcoming of us. Although they sometimes asked us some weird questions about Germany.
That's actually one of the more conservative areas of Texas. I've written about this dichotomy before. Some of your most welcoming, nicest, friendliest Americans are these rural conservatives, but also the most ignorant, and deluded with religious dogma. I sort of noticed a difference where I lived in Germany between people in Mainz who seemed more religiously inclined and those in Wiesbaden who were less so.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:38 AM

49 posts, read 65,485 times
Default You got your history wrong my friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I hate Europe, mainly German and France, because they along with Turkey (who was trying to get in the EU and denied the 4th ID from landing prior to invasion) tried to screw us in the Iraq war and get oil trading started up full scale in euro's.
Germany did not screw the US, the US screwed itself by attacking Iraq in the absence of WMDs!!!

Google "Bush" and "curveball" in one line and get informed how the US got misled by a sole Iraqi "informant". And by the way: The German secret service told the CIA that the information of that defector was made up!!

But little Bush wanted revenge for his daddy so he marched right into Iraq!
The US has gained absolutely nothing by that war.

Our deficit went up! Great, isn't it???

Last edited by IamaKraut; 12-30-2011 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 12-30-2011, 09:42 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I hate Europe, mainly German and France, because they along with Turkey (who was trying to get in the EU and denied the 4th ID from landing prior to invasion) tried to screw us in the Iraq war and get oil trading started up full scale in euro's.

So, all these years later, you're still angry because France and Germany were right about Iraq.

And Bush was wrong. Dead wrong.

But you blame Europe rather than Bush.

Please click on the link in my post #163 above.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:43 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
In general, most host families would be more educated, and on average have higher incomes I would think. And of course, Texas urban centers are more cosmopolitan and not so Southern.

But it's not reflected in government here. It's a winner take all system.. The GOP rules and they are just as backwards as anything coming out of Tennessee.
Yes you are right. The parents of my host were both doctors of osteopathic medicine. My host told me that part of her family was considered "the redneck part of the family". We went to visit her cousin (which is part of the redneck part of the family) and she told me that he thinks that black people should going back being slaves again. Oddly he was listening to hip hop in his car.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:46 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
When you get free healthcare, free education, lots of vacation time, don't have to work as hard, etc., at least your taxes are going to something useful in Europe. Taxes feel like they do absolutely nothing in the US.

Taxes? Their taxes aren't paying for their lazy lifestyle. Europe is imploding in debt. WE are bailing their worthless vacation ridden lazy arses out.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Thats what I want my gov to do for me , nothing. I will provide myself with my needs and prefer to keep more of my money while doing so.
Amen to that. Love how all this "free" stuff the europeans are getting is bankrupting the entire EU. When will these loons ever understand NOTHING is free????

Old 12-30-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamaKraut View Post
Germany did not screw the US, the US screwed itself by attacking Iraq in the absence of WMDs!!!

Google "Bush" and "curveball" in one line and get informed how the US got misled by a sole Iraqi "informant". And by the way: The German secret service told the CIA that the information of that defector was made up!!

But little Bush wanted revenge for his daddy so he marched right into Iraq!
The US has gained absolutely nothing by that war.

Our deficit went up! Great, isn't it???
Yet another ignorant "Bush invaded Iraq to get back for Sadaam being mean to his daddy" post.

Gained nothing? Oil is traded in US dollars and not the Euro. Figure out how that is a gain for the US. I won't be holding my breath waiting for a response. Probably another reply this time adding in the lefty "zinger" Halliburton. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies