Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 05:07 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Where is TSA's record of hiring felons. Please provide details.
Here is one example where they were forced police to issue a badge/security tag to one. VWVortex.com - TSA hiring convicted felons

Quote:
Your last paragraph is indicitive of the obvious bias you have against anything involving the government. Who do you think "meaningful security" would be?.
Meaningful security would be to search all the employees each time they enter the secure area, search 100% of all cargo, ensure they never fail a red test - all things they are incapable of doing today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 05:15 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Here is one example where they were forced police to issue a badge/security tag to one. VWVortex.com - TSA hiring convicted felons

Meaningful security would be to search all the employees each time they enter the secure area, search 100% of all cargo, ensure they never fail a red test - all things they are incapable of doing today.
You left out the fact that our politicians don't have to go through grope sessions and nudie scans like "normal" people....

We know how trustworthy our politicians are, right?

Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:

LOL..
"The current employee was 17 years old when he committed the crime and 18 when convicted. The TSA said such juvenile adjudications do not bar people from employment."

That's the best you could do, one article posted in a thread? TSA following the law. Really? So, I guess this "history of hiring of felons" was really a lie..Ok..GOT IT.

And now "meaningful security" means a change in protocol..What How about (if they aren't screening their own properly) they fix that? Makes far more sense to me. But then again, I'm rational.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:22 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
LOL..
"The current employee was 17 years old when he committed the crime and 18 when convicted. The TSA said such juvenile adjudications do not bar people from employment."

That's the best you could do, one article posted in a thread? TSA following the law. Really? So, I guess this "history of hiring of felons" was really a lie..Ok..GOT IT.

And now "meaningful security" means a change in protocol..What How about (if they aren't screening their own properly) they fix that? Makes far more sense to me. But then again, I'm rational.
LOL LOL LOL LOL

TSA Gives Rapists And Illegals The Green Light While Groping Children

TSA gone wild: Airport thugs are out of control | elreporterosf.com (http://www.elreporterosf.com/editions/?q=node/4997 - broken link)

Satiritron – TSA Hiring Sex Offenders to Administer New Security Procedures.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:33 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
"A man was detained Saturday after trying to go through a security checkpoint at a Texas airport with explosives in military-grade wrapping, federal and local officials said.

The Transportation Security Administration issued a statement saying one of its officers spotted a suspicious item in a carry-on bag during X-ray screening. It said the checkpoint was closed for about an hour while officers investigated and removed the item."

Man with explosives detained at Texas airport - Yahoo! News

A gun one day and explosives the next. Yeah, we don't need airport security.

What the hell is "military grade wrappings?"

Old 12-31-2011, 07:34 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
You can opt out of the body scanner sir and you know that. A pat down is not a strip search. TSA staff are searched as are all airport staff. You continue to be irrational. You fail to realize that by handing over your identification while checking in, you're surrending much more than when you walk through a metal detector. Some people just want to find fault with anything the government does. Nobody said TSA was perfect but people in fact have advocated for NO AIRPORT SCREENING. TSA has been effective the last two days. With 100's of thousands flying everyday compared to the few miscues, I think they've done well....
I am glad to see posts like this.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:37 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Don't forget to eat your cupcakes before boarding that boat, train or airplane, says big sis!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I am not sure what planet you are on but TSA staff are not searched everytime they enter the sterile area. They might be first thing in the morning but if they leave for lunch, coffee etc. no searches again - given they have a record of hiring felons, pedophiles and the minimum qualification is a GED (and they recruit using pizza boxes and gas pump ads), the chances are quite high they could be the threat people worry about.

If the TSA is so effective why are their red tests so horrible? In some cases they miss up to 80% of the weapons that go through... yeah real effective. It is nothing but a workfare program for people who got fired from Burger King and McDonalds. They should all be FIRED and meaningful security brought in to replace them.
How do you feel about them hiring felons? Also, could you link to where this was does? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I would like to see which example you heard of.

Why would you want all TSA officers to be fired?

It is very amazing that you would say such things about TSA employees. You are NO better than any of them if you are able and willing to make such judgements and claims about people that you do not know. Many TSA officers and employees are military veterans who seek to continue to work for their country's government and protect people. Others are people who were truly affected by what happened on 9/11 and wanted to do what they thought would make a difference. A lot are people who wanted to get a foot into the federal government so that they could advance their careers.

I've seen you and maybe others post posts around this sub-forum about it being a "workfare."

Old 12-31-2011, 07:41 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,477 times
Just a fellow Texan trying to get home with his Christmas presents.

Nothing to see here.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
TSA Behavior Detection Officers...

This is America or North Korea?

Your first photo is incorrectly labeled by yourself. Yet again, people who try to talk about something such as this are incorrect. Those are NOT who you say they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies