Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM

646 posts, read 802,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
95% of the black vote isn't lopsided for Obama. Not even close. Obama is a Dem, most blacks are Dems. How is it lopsided to vote for someone in your own party? How many white Republicans in Mississippi voted FOR Obama?

Yea...that's what i thought.

And i won't say it's a racist state, but it is a backwards one...and they're stubbornly proud of it.
Black folk vote for the party that panders to them which is the democratic party.Even voting against values they for the most part are against such as gay marriage,taking God and prayer out of all aspects of school and life.And interracial marriage is frowned upon just as much,I would say by blacks just as much as any Mississippi resident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,510,147 times
I heard Harriet Tubman is still smuggling blacks out of Mississippi.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,380,743 times
I also would like to see polling on approval among Democrats of Knick super-fan and film maker Spike Lee, who famously said , "I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street."

Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,861,242 times
Is it true all black guys like a big booty, and no oral sex? I guess we're dealing with stereotypes. This is what black guys tell me.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,510,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I also would like to see polling on approval among Democrats of Knick super-fan and film maker Spike Lee, who famously said , "I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street."
Who cares what Spike Lee says? LMAO.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:15 PM

28 posts, read 42,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So you take one state, probably the worst in all the South and use that one state to label all of the South ?
Can you please point me to the part of my post where I generalized anything about the South? If you don't have an answer to my question (which is whether or not interracial marriages between non-whites is controversial in MS) please move on to another post.

If you reread my post you can clearly see that I was NOT generalizing the South (especially since I am from the South myself). I've never been to Mississippi and I was just curious about an issue over there so I asked a fair question about it. I didn't intend to offend anyone and anyone with common sense can see that.

There is no need for you or anyone else to get upset about what I wrote.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Mississippi doesn't care about interracial marriages one way or another.

What Mississippi hates is outsiders telling them what to do. Every liberal dogooder uses Mississippi as an example of what they don't understand.

If you have never been to Mississippi, why do you care about Mississippi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Libertarian View Post
Can you please point me to the part of my post where I generalized anything about the South? If you don't have an answer to my question (which is whether or not interracial marriages between non-whites is controversial in MS) please move on to another post.

If you reread my post you can clearly see that I was NOT generalizing the South (especially since I am from the South myself). I've never been to Mississippi and I was just curious about an issue over there so I asked a fair question about it. I didn't intend to offend anyone and anyone with common sense can see that.

There is no need for you or anyone else to get upset about what I wrote.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wonder if they'll ever do a poll of black women on their feelings on black men dating/marrying white women?
I was just asking a simple question about something I was curious about. I wasn't trying to start an Internet race war and I did not mean to offend anyone.

By the way, I do know many black women who are personally opposed to black male/white female marriages. However, I do not know of one black woman who actually wants a law banning these types of marriages.

It's one to thing to personally opposed to certain types of relationships. It's a completely different issue when you want these relationships to be illegal.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:26 PM

I am sure many a Mississippi white boys have had some high yella tang. I imagine Elvis has been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Libertarian View Post
I was just asking a simple question about something I was curious about. I wasn't trying to start an Internet race war and I did not mean to offend anyone.

By the way, I do know many black women who are personally opposed to black male/white female marriages. However, I do not know of one black woman who actually wants a law banning these types of marriages.

It's one to thing to personally opposed to certain types of relationships. It's a completely different issue when you want these relationships to be illegal.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Mississippi doesn't care about interracial marriages one way or another.

What Mississippi hates is outsiders telling them what to do. Every liberal dogooder uses Mississippi as an example of what they don't understand.

If you have never been to Mississippi, why do you care about Mississippi?
I asked the question because that is my right to do so (we do live in America you know). Just like it's your right to reply to my post. When something puzzles you it's normal to ask questions about it. I purposefully wrote the post carefully not to offend anyone. I know that there are many politically correct and overly sensitive people on the Internet and I was not trying to start a virtual race war. It was just a simple question from a Sociology student who is interested in these kinds of topics. I don't understand why people are so offended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies