Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 04:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,390,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Which post # did I say blacks were dumb?
Oh I'm sorry; you're correct, You don't think black people are dumb.You think they're brainwashed.

Silly me, since you said that when black people think they become Republicans so I took that as you meant the ones who are Democrats aren't capable of thinking.

Either way; can you explain how you can tell the difference between a person voting based on reason and one just following the crowd?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:02 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,551,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Oh I'm sorry; you're correct, You don't think black people are dumb.You think they're brainwashed.

Silly me, since you said that when black people think they become Republicans so I took that as you meant the ones who are Democrats aren't capable of thinking.

Either way; can you explain how you can tell the difference between a person voting based on reason and one just following the crowd?
I'm not saying they are brainwashed because they are democrats.

I am saying they are brainwashed because they HAVEN'T EVEN GIVEN ANOTHER PARTY A CHANCE.

You can tell the people who are brainwashed because they are the ones who have all kinds of stupid notions about republicans based on one or two outliers.

That is how you can tell.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:49 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,547,399 times
Quote:

I am saying they are brainwashed because they HAVEN'T EVEN GIVEN ANOTHER PARTY A CHANCE.
eh, no. We keep giving the GOP a chance, and they keep blowing it. And really, it's not as if white people are about to vote me massefor the Constitution Party, so let's not pretend that there should be some massive shift towards a third party among black Americans.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,077,474 times
Quote:

You can tell the people who are brainwashed because they are the ones who have all kinds of stupid notions about republicans based on one or two outliers.

We are not going to look at the republicans until they give us a reason to consider them. When you keep making racist statements, we will continue to ignore the party. Why don't you try asking white democrats to take a look at the republican party?

Old 01-15-2012, 12:31 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,646 times
Quote:

People chose a party based on what that party represents, what they stand for, what they have done, and how they have served the country as a whole. People will flip when they believe that their party no longer serves their interest, as a group or individually (and everyone wants something from a party), or that of the country. Groups/individuals will look at how a party has performed in the past on issues that are of concern to them.

Doesn't big business and the ultra rich support republicans on one notion: republicans serve them best. They kill the animal, eat the meat and then toss the bones to the 99% who think they are getting something.

There are people who will say my grandparents was a XX, my parents are XX, I'm XX and my children are (or will be) XX. It's like passing on DNA. Now that sounds like brainwashing and more like a family tradition than anything else.

If you are trying to convince people, regardless of race, to flip you need to give a convincing argument and good reasons why you think your party is better than the party you want them to leave. You have to understand what the needs and wants are of the group you address. What you are doing is recruiting. There is a sell factor that remains the same with every speech, but then a politican needs to find something to identify with that pertains to the particular group they are addressing. If they are in a state that has high unemployment - promise jobs, if they are in a state with a high crime rate - promise to reduce crime, and so forth. Do you think that everyone who attends a rally or "town hall" meeting held by a republican or a democrat belongs to the party of the candidate holding that rally or meeting?

If you are an indication of what a republican is, you have worked against your party in your efforts to convince someone to flip and only strengthened peoples determination to remain with their party of choice. One might even go as far as to say that you have been brainwashed to think that black people are brainwashed.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
eh, no. We keep giving the GOP a chance, and they keep blowing it. And really, it's not as if white people are about to vote me massefor the Constitution Party, so let's not pretend that there should be some massive shift towards a third party among black Americans.
When, exactly, have a majority of blacks given the republican party a chance?

During the Clarence Thomas hearings? No.

Condoleeza Rice's nomination? No.

Michael Steele's gubernatorial run? No.

Any support for Walt Williams from a majority of blacks? No.

Bill Cosby's "Pound Cake" speech? No.

Blacks haven't given the GOP a chance since they were bought and paid for by the democrat party during the reign of FDR.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
We are not going to look at the republicans until they give us a reason to consider them. When you keep making racist statements, we will continue to ignore the party. Why don't you try asking white democrats to take a look at the republican party?
But your people embraced the Ku Klux Klansman Robert Byrd.

Hypocrites.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
People chose a party based on what that party represents, what they stand for, what they have done, and how they have served the country as a whole. People will flip when they believe that their party no longer serves their interest, as a group or individually (and everyone wants something from a party), or that of the country. Groups/individuals will look at how a party has performed in the past on issues that are of concern to them.

Doesn't big business and the ultra rich support republicans on one notion: republicans serve them best. They kill the animal, eat the meat and then toss the bones to the 99% who think they are getting something.

There are people who will say my grandparents was a XX, my parents are XX, I'm XX and my children are (or will be) XX. It's like passing on DNA. Now that sounds like brainwashing and more like a family tradition than anything else.

If you are trying to convince people, regardless of race, to flip you need to give a convincing argument and good reasons why you think your party is better than the party you want them to leave. You have to understand what the needs and wants are of the group you address. What you are doing is recruiting. There is a sell factor that remains the same with every speech, but then a politican needs to find something to identify with that pertains to the particular group they are addressing. If they are in a state that has high unemployment - promise jobs, if they are in a state with a high crime rate - promise to reduce crime, and so forth. Do you think that everyone who attends a rally or "town hall" meeting held by a republican or a democrat belongs to the party of the candidate holding that rally or meeting?

If you are an indication of what a republican is, you have worked against your party in your efforts to convince someone to flip and only strengthened peoples determination to remain with their party of choice. One might even go as far as to say that you have been brainwashed to think that black people are brainwashed.
If you think that the big business 1% hasn't bought and paid for democrat leaders then you are indeed brainwashed.

The only difference between the GOP and the democrat is that the GOP isn't insulting the intelligence of party members by pretending to be "for the poor".

The GOP is for everybody.

Remember, it was Richard Nixon who expanded Free Lunches for Inner-City School Children.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/in...#axzz1jWs0z0cc

Old 01-15-2012, 06:43 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,335,786 times
Quote:
When, exactly, have a majority of blacks given the republican party a chance?

During the Clarence Thomas hearings? No.

....Has voted against black issues (AA) eventhough they are the ones that got him where he is today

Condoleeza Rice's nomination? No.

..She ignores blacks entirely, did you rad her book? I did'nt think so

Michael Steele's gubernatorial run? No.

Why because he is black? in a state election

Any support for Walt Williams from a majority of blacks? No.

Bill Cosby's "Pound Cake" speech? No.

Why did'nt you mention they he votes democratic, There were many black that agreed with him

Blacks haven't given the GOP a chance since they were bought and paid for by the democrat party during the reign of FDR.
The GOP has constantly shot itself in the foot ever since Nixon, depending on the white southern vote to get them by. They constantly proved that they do not need the black vote to win. This is why many of them have resorted to redistricting and voter fraud/bullying

You should really just let it go, you have a better chance of convincing defense contractors to vote for Ron Paul

Old 01-15-2012, 06:45 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,335,786 times
Quote:
But your people embraced the Ku Klux Klansman Robert Byrd.

Hypocrites.
Is'nt he from West Virginia? Yeph there sure are alot of blacks there to make a difference. Since you want to go there explain this:

Honkies for Herman” – Herman Cain's Newest Support Group
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies