Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 11:30 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina86 View Post
I am fine with birth control and anything that prevents pregnancy but not abortion because it is killing a human being. And if pro-choicers don't really like abortion, they shouldn't do it. We SHOULD all come together, not for abortion but to teach children of these things beforehand.
I don't agree with you that a fetus is a human being. Neither do many Jews. I'm so sick of Christians simply assuming that everyone agrees with them religiously. It's for ME to say if I have an abortion not YOU. It's certainly not for YOU to indoctrinate MY kids in YOUR moral views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I see no point in labeling these women either "selfish" or "murderer". Still, while pregnancy is a huge sacrifice, I can think of a bigger one... And with all due respect, it is NOT because I'm a man that I know life is a bigger price than 9 months.
You are entitled to your viewpoint. You are NOT entitled to subject me to your views. A fetus is what a woman says it is and nothing more. If she's willing to make the huge sacrifice of pregnancy that's HER decision, not yours. It's certainly not for any man to overrule her and force her into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You are entitled to your viewpoint. You are NOT entitled to subject me to your views. A fetus is what a woman says it is and nothing more. If she's willing to make the huge sacrifice of pregnancy that's HER decision, not yours. It's certainly not for any man to overrule her and force her into it.
First of all, isn't that what CD is for, to tell people your about your views?
Second, again whatever makes her feel right enough to do it.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:49 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Personally. I think birth control should be readily available and free to everyone.

And, yes, at taxpayer's expense. Not only would it cut down on abortions, it would also cut down on babies being born into families who could not afford them.

Providing birth control to everyone would likely cut down on the children being born into welfare and I believe the savings to the taxpayer in that alone would offset the cost of the birth control many times over.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
First of all, isn't that what CD is for, to tell people your about your views?
Second, again whatever makes her feel right enough to do it.
I was obviously writing about LAWS, dear child. Again please go to college as it will clearly help you improve your reading comprehension skills.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:14 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so you would much rather these irresponsible women become parents, because they would be good at that
so you would much rather them murder innocent lives instead?

Old 01-08-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Women who've had multiple birth control failures should be counseled. Maybe if the Reps spent less time screeching about evil baby killing women and more time investigating alternative methods of birth control this would be less of a problem . . .
There are already various methods of birth control available. The problem is that many of these women use abortion as one of them. I think the problem is just a lack of morals. Frankly, I don't see why any woman would want to have an abortion multiple times. From what I heard, they are very painful, and the psychological issues that result from them can last a long time. You'd think they would do everything in their power to not have so many of them

Old 01-08-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Personally. I think birth control should be readily available and free to everyone.

And, yes, at taxpayer's expense. Not only would it cut down on abortions, it would also cut down on babies being born into families who could not afford them.

Providing birth control to everyone would likely cut down on the children being born into welfare and I believe the savings to the taxpayer in that alone would offset the cost of the birth control many times over.
There are many planned parenthoods who give birth control FREE of charge to low income women. In fact, there are services that deliver the birth control to the woman's doorstep every month. These options still do not stop women from using abortion as a form of birth control. Many of these women are just downright immoral

Old 01-08-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
so you would much rather them murder innocent lives instead?
The whole guilty woman innocent baby dichotomy remains as unconvincing as ever. I'd rather women had better access to better contraceptives. Don't you?

Quote:
There are already various methods of birth control available. The problem is that many of these women use abortion as one of them. I think the problem is just a lack of morals. Frankly, I don't see why any woman would want to have an abortion multiple times. From what I heard, they are very painful, and the psychological issues that result from them can last a long time. You'd think they would do everything in their power to not have so many of them
Abortion is not a moral issue. It is biological issue. Again women who have multiple abortions are having multiple birth control failures. If you believe this to be the case it makes much more sense to address the problem by helping them find better methods of birth control instead of santimoniously holding them in contempt merely because they don't agree with your worldview.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
There are many planned parenthoods who give birth control FREE of charge to low income women. In fact, there are services that deliver the birth control to the woman's doorstep every month. These options still do not stop women from using abortion as a form of birth control. Many of these women are just downright immoral
Any pharmacy will mail your meds to you, with the exception of Class I-IV meds in some states.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:24 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
The whole guilty woman innocent baby dichotomy remains as unconvincing as ever. I'd rather women had better access to better contraceptives. Don't you?

Abortion is not a moral issue. It is biological issue. Again women who have multiple abortions are having multiple birth control failures. If you believe this to be the case it makes much more sense to address the problem by helping them find better methods of birth control instead of santimoniously holding them in contempt merely because they don't agree with your worldview.
The 'birth control failures' are the failures to use bc responsibly and consistently. Basically, considering abortion as the backup, as is their legal right.

Considering the many choicers who consider a fetus a bunch of invading cells, what difference does it really make how many abortions a woman has. A few hours at a PP, done. Whereas using bc takes commitment and self control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies