Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If You Voted for Bush Do You Have The Right To Compain?
I feel I do because I did not know it could get this bad 3 20.00%
I did not have a choice, I could not have voted for Kerry 8 53.33%
I take responsibility by telling people I voted for him, and I make apologies 5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:04 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times

Advertisements

This is America and in America freedom of speech allows one to complain whether they voted or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 11:11 PM

13,604 posts, read 21,388,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
I think his point was not christian vs non-christian, but rather 'many complex issues' vs 'one moral vs immoral', where rove made this dumb down to about moral vs immoral.
If I understand his analysis, the strategy taunts at the heartstrings of the religious' mentality of good vs evil, and their necessity to put things in black and white, good vs evil.
got it thanks.Still in my view voted Constitution VS scrap paper.

I was wrong about trusting any party,what Republicans said they stood for,was a far cry from what they did in Wash DC.

My hope now is Ron Paul makes it,and actually achieves what those principles are,Bush & co talked it,I hope RP does it.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:55 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
... but he has kept the terrorists out of America so well...
OK, I'll accept that. The terrorists attacked the World Trade Center near the beginning of Bush's administration, and he has kept them out since.

However, by that very same standard, the terrorists attacked the World Trade Center near the beginning of Clinton's administration, and he succeeded in keeping them out, also, until Bush failed to keep them out.

Moreover, the Clinton administration arrested those responsible for the bombing and they are presently in jail, while Bush has never found Osama bin Laden, and has all but abandoned the hunt in favor of blowing our troops and our money in a stupid and fruitless quagmire in Iraq.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:22 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,167,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I am astonished that anybody Republican or not could possibly still support Bush.
This is really hard to admit, but my real given name is almost like George Bush's. In fact, when his father was in office, I used to get many phone calls that were actually intended for the White House. Now I get e-mails that are intended for George Bush.

It's very funny at times, but my name has also been a hinderance when I've tried to sign up with Democratic groups as a volunteer. (They just don't take me seriously when I sign up as Georgina Bush.)

At any rate, people still support George Bush. I got e-mails about Fred Thompson that weren't intended for me. I guess *those people* intend to support Fred Thompson. They wanted their wives to have lunch with Laura too. (I know this because of my e-mails.)

I don't really want to change my name, but I live in Southern California and I'm an ardent Democrat. Having this Republican name has really hindered me since no Democrat (and you know most in power around here are Dems) ever calls me! I'd like to be a personal assistant for someone like Leonardo DiCaprio -- but do you imagine him hiring Georgina Bush? The Democrat Georgina Bush??!! The only people who ever call to hire me are Republican cheapskates!!!!! I'm really sick of it!! (And those freakin' Republican cheapskates also manage to try to lean on me regarding legislation too -- like I can really do something about it. Give me a break.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies