Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If You Voted for Bush Do You Have The Right To Compain?
I feel I do because I did not know it could get this bad 3 20.00%
I did not have a choice, I could not have voted for Kerry 8 53.33%
I take responsibility by telling people I voted for him, and I make apologies 5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:46 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needaplace View Post
agree, it actually scares me that people voted for Bush in 2004, not just like a few hundred people, but like millions
Want to know something scarier? More people voted for Bush in 2004 than have ever voted for any Presidential candidate in US history.

Which just goes to show how thoroughly John Kerry was despised by the electorate. I mean, if Bush is such a loser and dufus, what the heck is Kerry?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 10:54 PM

572 posts, read 2,089,763 times
I used to be a Republican and voted for Bush in the '04 elections. At that time, 9/11 was still fresh on my mind and, being so close to NYC, I was still angry with the deaths of so many Americans. I felt that voting for a change in our leader at such a crucial time in history would be irresponsible.

Now, three years later, I've noticed patterns of psychological warfare inflicted upon the American people. I realized there were no WMD's. I noticed that the majority of the civilized world was embarrassed for America because our president had lead us into a war with a hidden agenda. We were tricked.

Social issues aside, why are there not more people in this great country who don't disapprove of our President? The low approval rations are still way too high. I'm not quick to buy into the 9/11 conspiracy theories but I do think our government took full advantage of the tragedy.

Thank God for 2008.

Last edited by jeremeyk482; 09-01-2007 at 11:52 PM..

Old 09-01-2007, 11:03 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Funny, I used to be a Democrat until Clinton decided immediately after he was inaugurated, and after all of his talk, which millions of voters bought hook, line, and sinker, about bringing the country together, on his first priority, and the centerpiece of his first 100 days.

And what was it? Peace? Prosperity? Bipartisanship? Nope. A cheapjack payoff to the gay lobby and a push to have homosexuals serve openly in the military. It was shallow, divisive, transparently craven, and a return to the same old same old quidpro-quo.

I haven't trusted any politican since. They are all sociopathological egotists with the ethics of pond scum.

And you can quote me.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Funny, I used to be a Democrat until Clinton decided immediately after he was inaugurated, and after all of his talk, which millions of voters bought hook, line, and sinker, about bringing the country together, on his first priority, and the centerpiece of his first 100 days.

And what was it? Peace? Prosperity? Bipartisanship? Nope. A cheapjack payoff to the gay lobby and a push to have homosexuals serve openly in the military. It was shallow, divisive, transparently craven, and a return to the same old same old quidpro-quo.

I haven't trusted any politican since. They are all sociopathological egotists with the ethics of pond scum.

And you can quote me.
Why is it that anytime someone voices opposition to Bush do people bring up Clinton's false promises? While I hated Clinton, his "payoff to the gay lobby" against your wishes didn't result in thousands of American casualties.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:44 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremeyk482 View Post
Why is it that anytime someone voices opposition to Bush do people bring up Clinton's false promises? While I hated Clinton, his "payoff to the gay lobby" against your wishes didn't result in thousands of American casualties.
Sure it did.................just not the kind of casualties you are thinking about.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Sure it did.................just not the kind of casualties you are thinking about.
Creative spin, but nobody has taken the time to intelligently answer my question: Why support this ridiculous and illegal war??

Old 09-02-2007, 12:54 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,506,585 times
OK, I have a different question for the "lesser of two evils" folks.

How much worse will Bush have to get before you finally admit that Kerry would have been better?

Disclaimer -- Kerry was not my candidate in 2004, I supported Wes Clark before the nomination was sewed up. However, My judgment was not only that Kerry was better than Bush, but that Bozo or Bonzo would have been better. Among the possible choices, Bush had to have been the worst. The majority of Americans believes that today, but the information was available then. I would have voted for a pet rock or a paper clip over Bush. I am not so much pro-Democrat as I am anti-GOP in its present guise.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:58 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,037,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
Among the possible choices, Bush had to have been the worst.The majority of Americans believes that today, but the information was available then.
Yes, indeed it was.
He can't leave office soon enough. (broken link)
I hope people pay more attention after this presidency is over.
Probably they will.
I think some folks just work hard all day, and when they get home, all they want to do is plop themselves on the couch, veg out in front of American Idol, and forget about everything else.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:37 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,930 times
Quote:
I wonder where these folks draw the line.

What if it was Kerry and Mussolini?
How about Kerry or Hitler?
What if it was Kerry or Satan?
Kerry or Genghis Khan?

I'm trying to get just as ridiculous as I can to see how strong those anti-Kerry feelings really are. You see, in my mind, Bush and company are just as bad as the worst I can think of, and anything would have been better.
Kerry is a traitor.........

Old 09-02-2007, 06:09 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,561,140 times
Quote:
OK, I have a different question for the "lesser of two evils" folks.

How much worse will Bush have to get before you finally admit that Kerry would have been better?

Disclaimer -- Kerry was not my candidate in 2004, I supported Wes Clark before the nomination was sewed up. However, My judgment was not only that Kerry was better than Bush, but that Bozo or Bonzo would have been better. Among the possible choices, Bush had to have been the worst. The majority of Americans believes that today, but the information was available then. I would have voted for a pet rock or a paper clip over Bush. I am not so much pro-Democrat as I am anti-GOP in its present guise.
When they find he gives head to Cheney. Anything homosexual would make these folks condemn him faster than you can say bush.
And remember even nixon had 20% supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies