Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If You Voted for Bush Do You Have The Right To Compain?
I feel I do because I did not know it could get this bad 3 20.00%
I did not have a choice, I could not have voted for Kerry 8 53.33%
I take responsibility by telling people I voted for him, and I make apologies 5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 06:21 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,505,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Kerry is a traitor.........
You're going to have to explain that one. If you are basing it on his testimony against the Vietnam War, you're going to have to compare it to Secretary McNamara's statement that Vietnam was a mistake. Most people who are willing to face the truth would declare Kerry a hero for stating the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 07:13 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Kerry is a traitor.........
This may be hard but there is not even a possibility that anyone on this planet could say that Kerry would have been a better choice then Bush since he was never elected. Unless you are a seer or something, then I digress.

I believe Kerry was not only a traitor, I believe he has no loyalty to this country and proved he had no loyalty to his fellow soldiers. I do believe he has loyalty to his wife’s purse.

It has been stated and we believe that Move On.org OWNS that Democrats and when one small far left liberal group OWNS a party that is supposed to represent all the people........run.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:46 AM

764 posts, read 1,457,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Want to know something scarier? More people voted for Bush in 2004 than have ever voted for any Presidential candidate in US history.

Which just goes to show how thoroughly John Kerry was despised by the electorate. I mean, if Bush is such a loser and dufus, what the heck is Kerry?

More people voted for Kerry (59,028,439) than have ever voted for any Presidential candidate in history prior to 2004.

I wasn't a fan of Kerry's but I voted for him. Your statistic doesn't help your argument, but it does point out how many people are taking government seriously--finally.

Last edited by happyappy; 09-02-2007 at 08:20 AM..

Old 09-02-2007, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
This may be hard but there is not even a possibility that anyone on this planet could say that Kerry would have been a better choice then Bush since he was never elected. Unless you are a seer or something, then I digress.

I believe Kerry was not only a traitor, I believe he has no loyalty to this country and proved he had no loyalty to his fellow soldiers. I do believe he has loyalty to his wife’s purse.

It has been stated and we believe that Move On.org OWNS that Democrats and when one small far left liberal group OWNS a party that is supposed to represent all the people........run.
If Kerry's a traitor, then there are tens of millions of us. What should be done with us? Can we still live here, or should we all move out? What's your recommendation for people who disagree with various and sundry things in opposition to your ideology? As neoconservives own the Republican Party, should we run? Or maybe we should stay here and find the best solutions? Or are only your solutions the best and we should all bow in obedience?

Calling someone a traitor is a very serious charge and it is indeed foolish to do so when speaking of a representative elected by the people of his State. Are all the citizens of Massachusetts traitor-like? Or maybe fully-formed traitors? What is the penalty for traitors in America? Should all the citizens of Massachusetts be brought to trial along with the Senator they elected?

When the word traitor is used by someone against another who quite obviously is NOT a traitor, it causes me to believe that the person using the word traitor against the other does not fully comprehend Americanism.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:14 AM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,988 times
Quote:

Wow.

Proof in full of the persuasive power of Fox News.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
If Kerry's a traitor, then there are tens of millions of us. What should be done with us? Can we still live here, or should we all move out? What's your recommendation for people who disagree with various and sundry things in opposition to your ideology? As neoconservives own the Republican Party, should we run? Or maybe we should stay here and find the best solutions? Or are only your solutions the best and we should all bow in obedience?

Calling someone a traitor is a very serious charge and it is indeed foolish to do so when speaking of a representative elected by the people of his State. Are all the citizens of Massachusetts traitor-like? Or maybe fully-formed traitors? What is the penalty for traitors in America? Should all the citizens of Massachusetts be brought to trial along with the Senator they elected?

When the word traitor is used by someone against another who quite obviously is NOT a traitor, it causes me to believe that the person using the word traitor against the other does not fully comprehend Americanism.
Bowing to obedience is what the Democrats do. Move On tells the Dems what to do and they jump. One small far left wing liberal organization and they jump! If that doesn't scare you..........oh I forgot you live in Mass.

I wouldn't expect you to see Kerry as a traitor. Any elected politician that goes on foreign soil and speaks against his own country (which would include you by the way) is a traitor in my eyes and that is just one example. What Kerry needs to comprehend is the word loyalty and decency.

Kerry is history and the citizens of Massachusetts need to focus on someone viable. Put up a candidate that orgs. Like MoveOn don’t own and we may pay attention. Put up a candidate that would never consider any connection to the foul and fetid DailyKoz.

Last edited by citigirl; 09-02-2007 at 08:52 AM..

Old 09-02-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
Wow.

Proof in full of the persuasive power of Fox News.
Fox News really has you guys running scared doesn't it?...........LOL

OH NO .......we don't have full control of the media anymore......arggggg!

Old 09-02-2007, 08:32 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Uh -- there's a Democrat majority in both houses of Congress., How is that "being out of the loop"?
Oh, sorry. I took your reference to 'eight years' to mean something longer than 'since January'. But speaking of since January, how many Democratic initiatives (now that they actually get to have some) have been blocked by Republican filibusters (remember Frist and his nuclear option?) and the threat or actuality of Presidential veto?

Quote:
It's ironic that you credit an imbecile like Bush and his minority goverment with thwarting al the initatives the Dems have propsed. No, wait. There haven't been any.
Sketch out a brief history of how the minimum wage package got to its present state. I'm sure you realize at least that this was not a Republican initiative, but it might be educational to tick off the series of parliamentary hoops and barriers that remaining Republicans threw in its path in an attempt to keep any help from reaching low-income workers while pressing all along for further tax cuts for the rich and accusing others of engaging in class warfare.

Quote:
Whatever that means.
It means that poisoning of the political well is not an it-takes-two-to-tango scenario. One crowd can -- and has -- carried that out quite on its own.

Quote:
Tax cuts? Social security reforms? Immigration reform? Disgraceful? You won't say so when Hillary has to deal with them...
Immigration reform was the one area where Bush had some solid ground to stand on, but of course, myopic right-wingers shouted him down on that one. The tax cuts and his social security reform proposals were both a disgrace, as were the tort and bankruptcy reform packages. And that's not even to go near NCLB, Clear Skies, Healthy Forests, or such minor side issues as Iraq, Katrina, the budget, or civil rights. As far as the next administration goes, I'll comment on their work then, but Job-1 for them will be attempting to undo the damage that eight years of you guys has left behind.

Quote:
Idealogues on both sides. Surely you know that. E.g., Ruth Ginsburg late of the ACLU. Stephen Breyer and his "evolving" consitution. Come ON.
Late of the ACLU? Justice Ginsburg served as counsel for the ACLU in the 1970's. As you might (but seemingly don't) remember, she moved on to the DC Court of Appeals in 1980. The doctrine of an evolving Constitution is entirely consistent with the framers' hopes and expectations for it. It is originalism itself that is contrary to original intents, and which comes much closer to being an add-on of the ideologues.

Quote:
Bush has no philosophy. That's why he has no support
If he has no support, it is only because all of his former supporters are flip-floppers. They voted for Bush before they voted against Bush. Can you imagine? How could we ever trust any of them? If you meanwhile believe that our sufferings under Bushco are not the product of a particular political philosophy, you have a very long reading list to work your way through.

Quote:
Pal, they ALL tilt at windmills when they get power. It's just that you like certain windmills, and I like others.
At least mine are windmills. Yours are more likely to be coal-fired pollution belchers exempted via newspeak from legislated clean-up regs. Other than that, the reply has no connection to the original point of the abject hypocrisy inherent in a right-winger posting anything resembling...

I say this because the President is OUR President, the only one we have, and when he fails we all fail. Do his critics actually believe that their efforts to demean the office of the Presidency will not come back to haunt them...

Old 09-02-2007, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Bowing to obedience is what the Democrats do. Move On tells the Dems what to do and they jump. One small far left wing liberal organization and they jump! If that doesn't scare you..........oh I forgot you live in Mass.

I wouldn't expect you to see Kerry as a traitor. Any elected politician that goes on foreign soil and speaks against his own country (which would include you by the way) is a traitor in my eyes and that is just one example. Bowing to obedience is what the Democrats do. MoveOn tells the Dems what to do and they jump. One small far left wing liberal organization and they jump and if they wouldn't jump! If that doesn't scare you..........oh forget that you live in Mass.

I wouldn't expect you to see Kerry as a traitor. Any elected politician that goes on foreign soil and speaks against his own country (which would include you by the way) is a traitor in my eyes and that is just one example. What Kerry needs to comprehend is the word loyalty and decency.

Kerry is history and the citizens of Massachusetts need to focus on someone viable. Put up a candidate that orgs. Like MoveOn don’t own and we may pay attention. Put up a candidate that would never consider any connection to the foul and fetid DailyKoz.
I live in Tennessee. I don't know what MoveOn does. I don't jump for anyone. And you haven't a clue as to what a traitor is.

You should move on to something about which you have a better understanding. You are having some difficulty with facts, not to mention reality: "MoveOn tells the Dems what to do . . ." ALL DEMS? You mean say 60 MILLION or so of us? That MoveOn must be some kinda influential organization!

From your online shrieking it seems as though you may be some form of right wing radical. Isn't that traitorous by your perceived definition?

Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
I mean, if Bush is such a loser and dufus, what the heck is Kerry?
An opportunity missed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies