Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If You Voted for Bush Do You Have The Right To Compain?
I feel I do because I did not know it could get this bad 3 20.00%
I did not have a choice, I could not have voted for Kerry 8 53.33%
I take responsibility by telling people I voted for him, and I make apologies 5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:37 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times

Advertisements

all of the above........

there are a couple things he has done...or not done I'm thankful though.
His first year started good then it went down hill overall .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 10:37 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoided in the first place.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:44 PM

764 posts, read 1,457,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
If you're trying to get ridiculous, you're succeeding. Common sense, please....common sense. Obviuosly, the four choices you gave us would have seen a Kerry victory. That's our problem nowadays--the death of common sense. Bush is a disppointment. He's a nitwit. He's an atrocious public speaker, and his condescending smirk and his unconvincing Texas twang render his bumbling speeches well-nigh intolerable to listen to. But he is NOT Hitler; nor is he Stalin, or any of the others. Our system wouldn't let him "get out of hand" to the degree those others did, even if that was his intention. Such silly comparisons cheapen the real life situation.....Isn't he bad enough as it is?
I think pslOldTimer was using a little sarcasm to point out how "reeedickaless" some people can be. I was definitely not a Kerry fan and I think the Democrats missed a chance at stopping the steamroller by putting him out there. But I was certainly not going to waste my voting power by sitting on the sidelines and watching the other Party's "reeedickaless" candidates get elected again so I voted for the lesser of two evils . . . and I'll do it again. Someday we'll change the system and have more and better choices.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:05 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
I think pslOldTimer was using a little sarcasm to point out how "reeedickaless" some people can be. I was definitely not a Kerry fan and I think the Democrats missed a chance at stopping the steamroller by putting him out there. But I was certainly not going to waste my voting power by sitting on the sidelines and watching the other Party's "reeedickaless" candidates get elected again so I voted for the lesser of two evils . . . and I'll do it again. Someday we'll change the system and have more and better choices.
OK, if you say so...but I have little patience with those who think it's funny to derail a smooth-running discourse with the cheap trump card of "sarcasm"---for heaven's sake, we've got a SITUATION here !! Get serious, people.....!!
mmmphh.....grrrr.......

Old 09-01-2007, 07:40 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,487,419 times
Quote:
In short, I thought we'd rush in, blast Saddam, and be home by Tuesday. The Iraqis would be relieved, and no one would miss him, and they'd take over from there, glad to be rid of him. For this mistake, I'll take the blame. But at least you're not PAYING me like you are Congress. I do work cheap.....
Tip o' the hat. Proof at last that there is at least one neocon supporter (cheerleader, in some cases) out there who actually acts on all that accountability stuff. I haven't exactly done a national survey on the matter, but this is about the first time I've seen it happen. It takes some cahones to stand up and say well, you know, we were just plain wrong about all that, and all those who were telling us so at the time turned out to be right. There are a whole lot of people out there who just don't have what it takes to accomplish that...

Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,192,866 times
I voted for him the first time, but by the second time, I realized that he wasn't the guy for the job.

I knew he was not the brightest bulb, but since he seemed to have smart advisors with him, I thought it would work. Boy! was I fooled. The whole bunch lacked something.....like common sense. They gave advice, I just can't believe what it was. Plus that cowboy attitude of "I don't take nuttin' from nobody," really has us over a barrel.

Do I think the Dems would have done better? I really don't know. I don't think they would have decided that we had the responsibility to bring democracy to the Iranians. That was such a horrible mistake in so many ways. We are a long, long way from paying for that little boo-boo.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:39 AM

764 posts, read 1,457,547 times
Quote:
(snip)

In short, I thought we'd rush in, blast Saddam, and be home by Tuesday. The Iraqis would be relieved, and no one would miss him, and they'd take over from there, glad to be rid of him. For this mistake, I'll take the blame. But at least you're not PAYING me like you are Congress. I do work cheap.....
Great post . . . as usual!

Over the last several years I’ve written in several forums that contained numerous pro-Iraq-actioners who deluged the threads with warnings about how menacing Saddam Hussein’s operation was. In addition, many of them also foolishly claimed that the Bushies intended only to topple him and get out. “Well”, I wrote, “if that was the intent, they could have hired the Crips and Bloods to do it. The Navy could have dropped them off to get it done and then picked them up a few weeks later at the same LZ.”

I never thought we should have gone there to begin with and taken him out in that manner, and I didn’t foresee the colonization plans as I thought we’d learned that lesson in SE Asia.

Honestly, I never imagined this regime could have gotten this destructive.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,443,007 times
Honestly, I never imagined this regime could have gotten this destructive.

I think a lot of people saw the writing on the wall and warned long before the attack on Iraq of opening up the "pandora's box".
It's amazing to me to hear people say that "they knew he wasn't the smartest" but still vote for him as your PRESIDENT??!!!! Demand better than these corrupt clowns, please!

Old 09-01-2007, 08:53 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
all that is mentioned though is Iraq Iraq Iraq.

there are other reasons the Dems will not gain my vote,domestic and social issues.If a Dem had run against Bush who had not been a typical progressive type (progressive,lol! love that term,progress toward what?) he might have had a chance for my vote but nope...

specially Al Gore,after dealing with him and the Clinton admin there was no way I was going to vote for him.Yeah Bush overall is a let down to me,though so what if he stutters in speach sometimes,rather have that then the I will be your nanny attiude of the Dems.

Alot of talk about Bush admin lies,I still remember many Clinton admin and DNC lies and they did it with no stuttering.

Good news is when all seems lost that any decent candidates are left on both sides,a dude named Ron Paul decided to run and has restored my faith that maybe just maybe there is still hope.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 AM

396 posts, read 1,035,488 times
In my opinion, this "lesser of 2 evils" issue is really overdone.
I have to say that there were other issues that were presented to us that brought us to Iraq. The issue of Genocide is the one I will throw out there.
Someone also brought up democracy, and I think we all know at this point that you cannot change a culture, and to think so is ridiculous, therefore changing a system to democratic, is a very, very tall order.
I am just wondering about Genocide for now. There's a lot of other places in the world that are encountering genocide. Heck, look at how long it took the USA to step into Yugoslavia, not to mention other countries that are/were encountering their own Genocide issues as we were focused on Iraq. So at that time did anyone ask themselves why we (USA)were so concerned about Iraq and Genocide and not other countries and their genocide.
I bring this up because most people will focus on WMD because that is something they were learning about while watching mainstream news on the television. But I want to know how many Americans actually look beyond their television sets, and actually read history, or try to at least ask some pretty important questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies