Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:15 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times

Advertisements

Silenting dissent from NDAA, NYPD Arrests Anyone Who Speaks: This'd Be Used as War Propaganda if NY Was Foreign and Had Oil.

Two protesters mic check about the loss of freedom brought about by the passage of the NDAA and both are promptly arrested and whisked out of public sight.

Is this the type of america you want to live in.

Grand Central Terminal Arrests - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 08:10 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Silenting dissent from NDAA, NYPD Arrests Anyone Who Speaks: This'd Be Used as War Propaganda if NY Was Foreign and Had Oil.

Two protesters mic check about the loss of freedom brought about by the passage of the NDAA and both are promptly arrested and whisked out of public sight.

Is this the type of america you want to live in.

Grand Central Terminal Arrests - YouTube
Good! It is about time law enforcement started cleaning up this OWS trash. You violate the law, you go to prison. These stupid children apparently never learned that lesson. Now they will.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:13 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Good! It is about time law enforcement started cleaning up this OWS trash. You violate the law, you go to prison. These stupid children apparently never learned that lesson. Now they will.

What will you blame it on when they go after you or someone you are close to, for simply speaking your mind?

And for the record please tell us since when SPEAKING is against the law?

Old 01-09-2012, 08:13 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
LOL, right on cue. ^^^
Exactly the attitude that has allowed America to be governmed by a system that does not represent the people.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
What will you blame it on when they go after you or someone you are close to, for simply speaking your mind?

And for the record please tell us since when SPEAKING is against the law?
She was not speaking her mind, she was disturbing the peace.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-10-2012 at 04:40 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 01-09-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
She was not speaking her mind, she was disturbing the peace.
No she was not...she was in public, speaking her mind.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-10-2012 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: response to deleted quote

Old 01-09-2012, 08:26 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Excellent point, excellent post.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

The communists and "trade unionists" may speak for you, but they certainly do not speak for me. If you violate the law you go to jail. Seems like a pretty simple lesson to me. She violated the law with her illegal protest, and they took her to jail. Good for law enforcement, bad for her. Maybe now that she has been taught that simple lesson she will grow up and get a clue.

Everyone knows this OWS is nothing but a bunch of unemployed American-hating immature children throwing a hissy fit. So do not expect any sympathy from Americans who actually work for a living.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
The communists and "trade unionists" may speak for you, but they certainly do not speak for me. If you violate the law you go to jail. Seems like a pretty simple lesson to me. She violated the law with her illegal protest, and they took her to jail. Good for law enforcement, bad for her. Maybe now that she has been taught that simple lesson she will grow up and get a clue.

Everyone knows this OWS is nothing but a bunch of unemployed American-hating immature children throwing a hissy fit. So do not expect any sympathy from Americans who actually work for a living.

There are MANY OWS'rs who work for a living, just as I do. And you might want to do some fact checking on thst age thing.

Hope that when they start coming after you, for all the bull you spew online (because that IS coming) someone is there to stand up for you and with you, because afterall, you had the right to speak your mind.

No one broke any laws, you simply do not like the messenger......like lambs to the slaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies