Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:01 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,788,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Hardly. They are protesting on behalf of al Qaeda and the Taliban, which makes them as anti-American as they come. Typical liberal freaks always support America's enemies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 06:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
The "liberal freaks" I know are kind and gentle people that would never consider violence. Most are harmless wimps.

Seems to me the police of government is the first to use violence to suppress dissent here as in the rest of the dictatorial world. Those that most benefit from our rigged system must do all they can to prevent any alternates from being discussed or considered. Any change for the TOP is a change for the worse.

Last edited by GregW; 01-10-2012 at 06:16 AM..

Old 01-10-2012, 06:05 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,473,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No, we do not. I was in Vietnam when that happened and it grieved me greatly to see such a thing happen in the land that I love. We must not allow a dictatorship to continue to grow and tighten it's control over us. You are wrong Sir, very tragicaly wrong.
Then what is your solution to the perpetual violence by leftist protestors? I consider Kent State a good object lesson for those who would violently protest. Or would you rather have the riots, bombings, and destruction of personal property by the leftists of the 1960s? I consider that to be the tragedy, not Kent State.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The "liberal freaks" I know are kind and gentle people that would never consider violence. Most are harmless wimps.
Funny how they are always the ones committing the violence.

Quote:
Seems to me the police of government is the first to use violence to suppress dissent here as in the rest of the dictatorial world. Those that most benefit from our rigged system must do all they can to prevent any alternates from being discussed or considered. Amy change for the TOP is a change for the worse.
How many TEA Party protests required police intervention and tear gas? Why is it that ONLY liberal freaks are always violent or feel the need to destroy other people's property?

The more you defend these violent liberal freaks the less credibility you have, since there can be no excuse for violence.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,528,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I can answer your question: No I wasn't there. So I can't comment if there was an disturbance to others or not. I will comment that I don't think you don't have to be Einstein to figure out that there had to be some disturbance to others, even minimal.

Can you answer my question: Were you there? You didn't make a comment, you made a statement that there was no disturbance. Since you are so sure of it I asked it you were there?

No I was not there....I did however watch the footage. Did you?

Old 01-10-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Is this how you exercise your First Amendment? What a horrible thing to say regardless of how you feel or think about OWS protesters.
The First Amendment gives no one the right to violently protest. If you commit violence against someone, you should expect the same in return.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Funny how they are always the ones committing the violence.

How many TEA Party protests required police intervention and tear gas? Why is it that ONLY liberal freaks are always violent or feel the need to destroy other people's property?

The more you defend these violent liberal freaks the less credibility you have, since there can be no excuse for violence.
What you need to do is do your homework, watch some footage and see what intervention and tear gas usage was truly justified. Don't go on what lsm is feeding you.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
IMHO the violence is only happening in Glitch's mind. I was at sonme of the "violent" protests and the only violence was police removing, with clubs and water cannon, protesters that refused to leave the public places they had every right to be.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
IMHO the violence is only happening in Glitch's mind. I was at sonme of the "violent" protests and the only violence was police removing, with clubs and water cannon, protesters that refused to leave the public places they had every right to be.

I agree.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
What you need to do is do your homework, watch some footage and see what intervention and tear gas usage was truly justified. Don't go on what lsm is feeding you.
I have, and it was more than justified. The police, in several cities, have been pelted with rocks and bottles. I found that the police showed amazing restraint against the violent protesters.

I do not care what they are protesting, as soon as the protesters become violent, they lose all support and their cause is lost. Only anti-American leftists support violent protests. True Americans only support PEACEFUL protests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies