Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The law is freedom of speach , and freedom of assembly, among others.
Actually, it is the First Amendment to the US Constitution.

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
There has not been a peaceful left-wing protest yet. They always resort to violence every time. Maybe we need another Kent State reminder to what happens to violent leftist protestors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 12:00 AM

15,069 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I believe in the right to free speech.

But this is made to appear as if this had to do with one individual, alone. She had a group of demonstrators with her.

What I don't believe is that a group of people have the right to create a mob like atmosphere to speak freely. If you notice passersby were just not interested, especially if they are going or coming from work.

What I don't think you get is that the majority of people find this behavior annoying, especially when they have to be exposed to it. The majority of people don't want to participate or have it pushed in their face.

If you haven't noticed most people comment on the behavior of the OWS protesters, not what they are saying because there is no one message, just fractured rants coming from different places.
This particular "protest" was about the draconian NDAA that was just signed that allows the government to snatch YOU, or one of YOUR loved ones off the street or out of your home at night by government goons, incarcerate you INDEFINITELY, without charge, or warrant, or right to an attorney or trial.

I'd say that anyone who thinking at all would agree with speaking out against that as loudly as possible. Those who find this annoying, simply demonstrate an unfathomable level of stupidity, since these protests are trying to defend YOU TOO.

But regardless of that ... there is a principle involved here:

THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

1st Amendment

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Notice that it doesn't say anything about needing approval of MORONS who seem to find freedom annoying?

And, the part about "peaceably assembling" has NOTHING TO DO with noise or inconvenience or "disturbing the peace". It means you don't have the right to incite "Violence" ... that such assembly must remain non-violent" ... not that you must "whisper" or not be "annoying". Protests are supposed to be annoying to whom the protest is directed.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 01-10-2012 at 12:43 AM..

Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

There has not been a peaceful left-wing protest yet. They always resort to violence every time. Maybe we need another Kent State reminder to what happens to violent leftist protestors.
Do you just say these types of things to stir up the pot? Or does this disgusting stuff come naturally?

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 01-10-2012 at 12:41 AM..

Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:

First ... standing up for the constitution and for liberty and speaking out against tyranny is not a trait of the "left-wing" that I've witnessed.

Secondly, the young woman arrested was clearly not engaging in any form of violence whatsoever.

And finally .... in almost every instance I can recall, the actual violence is committed by the police .... and they seem to particularly enjoy manhandling and inflicting that violence on women.

The only thing I find difficult to decide is which of the two are bigger cowards ... these coward policemen who manhandle peaceful protesters, or the limp wrist boot lickers who worship such tyrannical behavior.

Personally they both make me sick ... but I might have just a slightly greater contempt for the boot lickers.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:48 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Maybe we need another Kent State reminder to what happens to violent leftist protestors.
No, we do not. I was in Vietnam when that happened and it grieved me greatly to see such a thing happen in the land that I love. We must not allow a dictatorship to continue to grow and tighten it's control over us. You are wrong Sir, very tragicaly wrong.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Were you there? If not, please ask Tim to playback that event so we can be sure.
Were you there?

Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
There are several feeds on youtube of it, go search and watch or go to Tim's channel no need to ask him to do anything....or better yet were you there and have something for us?
I can answer your question: No I wasn't there. So I can't comment if there was an disturbance to others or not. I will comment that I don't think you don't have to be Einstein to figure out that there had to be some disturbance to others, even minimal.

Can you answer my question: Were you there? You didn't make a comment, you made a statement that there was no disturbance. Since you are so sure of if I asked it you were there?

Last edited by softblueyz; 01-10-2012 at 06:20 AM..

Old 01-10-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Were you there?
No, were you?

See above post. It may help if you read it word for word and apply comprehension.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This particular "protest" was about the draconian NDAA that was just signed that allows the government to snatch YOU, or one of YOUR loved ones off the street or out of your home at night by government goons, incarcerate you INDEFINITELY, without charge, or warrant, or right to an attorney or trial.
Only if you and your loved ones are members of al Qaeda or the Taliban, or provided either organization with material support. Funny how you left out that criteria.

Quote:
I'd say that anyone who thinking at all would agree with speaking out against that as loudly as possible.
Only if they are morons that have never bothered to read the law.

Quote:
Those who find this annoying, simply demonstrate an unfathomable level of stupidity, since these protests are trying to defend YOU TOO.
Hardly. They are protesting on behalf of al Qaeda and the Taliban, which makes them as anti-American as they come. Typical liberal freaks always support America's enemies.

Quote:
And, the part about "peaceably assembling" has NOTHING TO DO with noise or inconvenience or "disturbing the peace". It means you don't have the right to incite "Violence" ... that such assembly must remain non-violent" ... not that you must "whisper" or not be "annoying". Protests are supposed to be annoying to whom the protest is directed.
Considering liberal freaks are always violent, they have no business protesting at all.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:

Is this how you exercise your First Amendment? What a horrible thing to say regardless of how you feel or think about OWS protesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies