Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:38 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Just another example of how vile and corrupt the US military is.

Then you have these modern day Nazi's in this forum defending these white trash thugs.

The only way these cowards get away with this that they are decimating at native population of 3rd World peasants.

Had they been engaged with an enemy of comparable strength they would have been tried and shot for aiding the enemy with their souvenir video.

This country is so corrupt and going down hill so fast it's almost unbelievable.

The gates are wide open. Get your ass out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 08:52 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Although I know how the guys feel. It was very poor discretion to do such a thing and record it.

Last edited by Scotty011; 01-15-2012 at 09:22 AM..

Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Just another example of how vile and corrupt the US military is.

Then you have these modern day Nazi's in this forum defending these white trash thugs.

The only way these cowards get away with this that they are decimating at native population of 3rd World peasants.

Had they been engaged with an enemy of comparable strength they would have been tried and shot for aiding the enemy with their souvenir video.

This country is so corrupt and going down hill so fast it's almost unbelievable.

Says the guy who is VERY comfortable hiding BEHIND that military which he insults... and has never experienced people willing to kill their own kids to kill your buddies!

While I'd of done some 'corrective action' to any of my Marines who were dumb enough to do this... much less video it...

Your statements...

Old 01-15-2012, 09:05 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Filming a group of soldiers pissing on cue and allowing that video to get out absolutely sends the wrong message. Do you not realize this is probably one of the best recruitment tools for more suicide bombers we could have given the enemy?
I AM backing our guys up. I don't want more of them killed. And ignorant nonsense like making a video of corpse desecration will only increase the number of suicide attacks against our guys.
Not only that, but beheading videos will now be bookmarked with golden showers as well.

I am not naive to think that this hasn't happened before in this war or any other. I also know that the Taliban and Iraqi Resistance has urinated on American war dead as well.

But that's not the point. A good portion of this war is about swaying people over to your side. Things like the desecration of corpses (especially recording it) is unbelievably stupid. It's hard to play the moral superiority card at home or abroad when you have these dumb f--ks on top of everything else.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:47 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,750 times
The only atrocity here is that the insurgents weren't alive for their golden shower.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:49 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,784,084 times
I did a tour in the sandbox. I was in the infantry. The marines in the video are heros as far as I am concerned.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Although I know how the guys feel. It was very poor discretion to do such a thing and record it.
On that we agree. But this "crime" rises to about a level 1 out of 100. I am not saying that I agree with it but I stand behind the Marines and this should be handled within the unit. Article 15 with 30 days restricted duty and counseling.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
On that we agree. But this "crime" rises to about a level 1 out of 100. I am not saying that I agree with it but I stand behind the Marines and this should be handled within the unit. Article 15 with 30 days restricted duty and counseling.
I agree. Rick Perry does as well.

Rick Perry: Marines who urinated on dead bodies are 'kids' - latimes.com

Old 01-15-2012, 11:07 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
new rule, you can shoot them but not pee on them...problem solved

2nd rule....make sure you pee before you kill an enemy combatant

there is so much propaganda and lies spread about the US by its enemies, such as was seen in Okinawa with civilians leaping to their death to avoid being eaten. This incident matters not a whit. Any political advantage gained by our enemies from this will be because we allow it.
There is a war on for your mind.
Quote:
It’s hard not to laugh when CNN execs like Eason Jordan start spouting high-toned stuff about CNN’s principles of objectivity and refusal to spout government or Pentagon propaganda. The relationship is most vividly summed up by the fact that Christiane Amanpour, CNN’s leading foreign correspondent, and a woman whose reports about the fate of Kosovan refugees did much to fan public appetite for NATO’s war, is literally and figuratively in bed with spokesman for the US State Department, and a leading propagandist for NATO during that war, her husband James Rubin.If CNN truly wanted to maintain the appearance of objectivity, it would have taken Amanpour off the story. Amanpour, by the way, is still a passionate advocate for NATO’s crusade, most recently on the Charlie Rose show.
CNN AND PSYOPS » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

» Pentagon Expands Propaganda Reach With Foreign “News” Websites Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I just want to know what they hope to gain by release of this video.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:11 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Filming a group of soldiers pissing on cue and allowing that video to get out absolutely sends the wrong message. Do you not realize this is probably one of the best recruitment tools for more suicide bombers we could have given the enemy?
I AM backing our guys up. I don't want more of them killed. And ignorant nonsense like making a video of corpse desecration will only increase the number of suicide attacks against our guys.
You don't think killing them might tend to tick them off? How about invading and occupying their country? It's no secret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies