Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I've made enough money this week. It's time to hold Liberals accountable for their failing ideology.
Yep, because that guy before him basically wrote the instruction guide on how to be a president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So let me get this straight.

With this ANTI-business, failing president, who is responsible for and in-charge of this failing economy, you've been able to make enough money to quit working on Thursday at lunch time.

I thought the President was failing the country, making it impossible for businesses to thrive? I thought you were so rife with fear over "regulatory uncertainty" that you refused to expand your business, make additional hires. I thought due to Obama's economic failure you were scraping by on Ramen and Mac and Cheese....

Gee... What if all that's a load of crap and you just don't like the man for other reasons? Could it be?
I was following you until you said "scraping by on Ramen and Mac and Cheese..." LOL

1) Obama IS anti-business. Just because I am able to make money doesn't mean that his policies aren't suffocating on the macro level. These are not my words.....these are the words of the larger business community. Google it.

2) I have definitely chosen to withhold capital expenditures until after the 2012 election. My balance sheets are healthy, and I'm still engaging in plenty of risk. You should be happy that people like me are actually doing well.

3) I haven't "scraped by" since 1990 when a multi-state business was just a figment of my imagination. I appreciate your concern though!

Back to the OP......are Liberals ready to declare the Nobel Peace Prize a sham? I'm still waiting for the current vibe in the Leftist camp on this astounding bout of hypocrisy.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:48 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Its a stupid political popularity award. Many people in history that should have received never did.

They really need to change the name to reflect it true meaning.

If Obama had any Character he would have gratefully declined to accept.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
I was following you until you said "scraping by on Ramen and Mac and Cheese..." LOL

1) Obama IS anti-business. Just because I am able to make money doesn't mean that his policies aren't suffocating on the macro level. These are not my words.....these are the words of the larger business community. Google it.

2) I have definitely chosen to withhold capital expenditures until after the 2012 election. My balance sheets are healthy, and I'm still engaging in plenty of risk. You should be happy that people like me are actually doing well.

3) I haven't "scraped by" since 1990 when a multi-state business was just a figment of my imagination. I appreciate your concern though!

Back to the OP......are Liberals ready to declare the Nobel Peace Prize a sham? I'm still waiting for the current vibe in the Leftist camp on this astounding bout of hypocrisy.
Why do you hate America?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:49 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Hmmm...I don't remember voting on it or anyone asking my opinion about Obama's deservedness.

Ask the people responsible, would be my advice!

Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So let me get this straight.

With this ANTI-business, failing president, who is responsible for and in-charge of this failing economy, you've been able to make enough money to quit working on Thursday at lunch time.

I thought the President was failing the country, making it impossible for businesses to thrive? I thought you were so rife with fear over "regulatory uncertainty" that you refused to expand your business, make additional hires. I thought due to Obama's economic failure you were scraping by on Ramen and Mac and Cheese....

Gee... What if all that's a load of crap and you just don't like the man for other reasons? Could it be?
Don't be coy, go ahead and say what you're thinking. It's because he's a wacist. Right out of the overused, tired liberal playbook. You people use it so much it has no meaning.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:

Ok, so why is your business succeeding? I know you're not one of those hypocrites who credits success to himself and failure to Obama...

My business is doing well to. Incorporated in September, and have been doubling our gross month over month and hiring employees. I am taking money home. Yet I don't think Obama is to be credited with my success or failure. It is up to me. Just like it is up to you.

And as you have admitted-- for all the blame you lay at Obama's feet-- your business and you personally have done fine under this administration. I also did well under the previous administration-- as did you. Because the fact is the President has almost nothing to do with the success or failure of your business or mine. To say otherwise is just either hyperpartisanship or foolishness.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Don't be coy, go ahead and say what you're thinking. It's because he's a wacist. Right out of the overused, tired liberal playbook. You people use it so much it has no meaning.
I would not presume to call anyone a wacist.

However, when the claims don't add up to reality--- (Obama has been poison for business/ Look at me I only have to work a half week to make loads of money)-- someone is either living in fantasy land, or simply dislikes Obama for reasons they are being "coy" about...

Old 01-12-2012, 12:19 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
How Obama won the Nobel Prize would be like giving an Oscar to Philip Seymour Hoffman before he's finished shooting the movie.

And the movie ends up being Twister 2.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:31 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Obama should keep his Nobel peace surprise as an albatros around his neck. It also reminds us the NPP committee has lost all respect as their prize has become compensation for liberal losers like Algore.

O's NPS stays!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies