Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:59 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Many people were complaining about it. And still are.
The idea here is not that the jobs were going to China but the idea of Communism in China associated with Conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,858,604 times
More people identify as conservatives because the word liberal has been so thoroughly demonized. The fact is that most of those who consider themselves "moderate" probably vote Democrat.

I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. I consider myself more of a traditional conservative, I agree a lot with Ron Paul. I cannot stand the religious conservatives or the neocon chickenhawks who are always trying to get our country into wars. The current conservative mainstream is the composition of the worst types of ignorance allowable in our society. They completely disgust me.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Really? Then why do more Americans call themselves liberal now than during the Bush or Clinton years? The poll clearly indicates that liberalism is more popular today than it's been in the last 20 years.
Seems like Liberalism has direct connection with more people on welfare and government handouts............Ummm, could there be a connection, between the two??

More people, are on these programs, then any time in our nation and Liberalism is on the rise................

Old 01-15-2012, 11:11 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems like Liberalism has direct connection with more people on welfare and government handouts............Ummm, could there be a connection, between the two??

More people, are on these programs, then any time in our nation and Liberalism is on the rise................
That's your speculation. The fact is that liberalism is more popular than it's been in the last 20 years. The other poster said that Obama has made Americans run away from calling themselves liberals. Clearly, that's not the case.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:00 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
The idea here is not that the jobs were going to China but the idea of Communism in China associated with Conservatives.
What about Clinton? He's not a conservative.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:07 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Somewhere out there, there is a scientist working on curing liberalism. Hopefully a cure will be found and we can go back to being a prosperous nation again.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
What about Clinton? He's not a conservative.
A Conservative poster. Go back a little bit to see how it started.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Somewhere out there, there is a scientist working on curing liberalism. Hopefully a cure will be found and we can go back to being a prosperous nation again.
At least their still being out numbered!! Conservatives need to have more babies!!

Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
A Conservative poster. Go back a little bit to see how it started.
?
I'll repeat... many jobs were outsourced to China during the Clinton years. What did Clinton do about it? Also, remember that NAFTA and GATT were passed during the Clinton years.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
?
I'll repeat... many jobs were outsourced to China during the Clinton years. What did Clinton do about it? Also, remember that NAFTA and GATT were passed during the Clinton years.
I will repeat as well: go back to right before Communism is mentioned in this thread to understand why it was brought up.

I am not arguing about Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies